Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahhh oops, more than 1 cosmo 80/20 for sure... like everyday for me really

Comment

• Well yesterday my sugar cravings kicked in big time. I bought some lollies from the vending machine. I enjoyed them but didnt if you know what I mean. Dang. I'd had paella for lunch. I also had not drunk enough water yesterday - maybe that contributed to the desire for sweets. After work I headed up to the north of the city, as the firemans daughter was having a birthday. I had several wines and ate pizza.. good pizza I have to say, but the after effects of something (the pizza? the rice in the paella? the lollies?) were happening through the night and today, very gassy! I dont really know why I had the last glass of wine, I could have (should have) had water. Not that I was drunk or anything like that, I just didnt really need it...bit like my whole day yesterday. I'm going out for some farewell drinks tonight at the pub so I think I'll order a vodka and soda and lime. I know when I've had enough of those... something about wine and me and knowing my limits doesnt compute...

Comment

• my guess is that it's the pizza.

you might have to put an artificial limit on your wine intake: two glasses at one go or what have you.

Comment

• I could "talk" about a limit on my wine intake, but once there is a glass in my hand, often common sense goes out the window. The alcohol content of NZ wine is quite high. I guess slowly but surely I am seeing that me and wine dont work well together. It wrecks my sleep and leaves me feeling blah more times than not. sigh.

Comment

• yeah, might have to artificially give it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
              I could "talk" about a limit on my wine intake, but once there is a glass in my hand, often common sense goes out the window. The alcohol content of NZ wine is quite high. I guess slowly but surely I am seeing that me and wine dont work well together. It wrecks my sleep and leaves me feeling blah more times than not. sigh.
              I hear you completely. But I've managed to abstain for a few days, and it does feel better. Maybe that means I'll be more likely to take it easy on the weekend too. You may be more of an all or nothing type than limit setting...I've been there and it doesn't always go as planned.
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• its way easier to abstain though when you arent feeling 100%. Now that you've got through those first few days, doing some more should theoretically be quite easy. It's just that there is something comforting about a glass of wine. gawd, perhaps I'm really an alcoholic... or at least an Alcy-in-waiting

Speaking of... met a former colleague and went out for lunch with him. We had thai and the deal came with a wine or a beer. I decided to have the beer as wine in the middle of the day would mean I got nothing done after lunch. But the beer was nice cause the chicken chilli ginger and garlic I had was HOT HOT HOT!!! of course water would have been good too.

We've got a long weekend coming up, yay. Although there is a storm brewing tonight so tomorrow will likely be a crappy day. I intend to read, read and read some more... I'm just finishing up Lee Childs 61 hours at the moment... his books are getting a bit sloppy... I totally knew what was coming about 50 pages in...

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                  Last night when I got home the fireman had put up the new tilting umbrella and was sitting out on the deck with a cosmopolitan and snacks ready for me when I walked in the door... is it any wonder I love him! We had a really nice evening sitting outside most of the night till the sun went right down, (without the sun being right in our face) it was nice and warm and balmy and amazingly no mosquitos came to take chunks out of me! We even ate our dinner outside as well which was lovely. I told the fireman it was a great investment that umbrella Dinner was beef burger pattie (no bread) and lamb and coriander sausages and salad. dont know if the sausages had gluten in them or not, but they were tasty... although not 100% sure on the lamb/coriander mix??

We've had a temporary fence around a lot of the property while we've been trying to get some new lawn established. The fireman took most of that down yesterday and it looks much better. We were a bit worried about what would happen when the dogs have access to the vege patch area but the fireman has cunningly taken the plastic fencing stuff and cut it down and wrapped it round the raised beds. So I can still lean over easily to tend the garden, but the dogs cant get anywhere near it. I was worried there would be violence if the dogs got into the vegies so I am pleased that he found an easy solution, cause as much as i love the fireman, if he hurt my dogs, life would never be the same!

Have just spent the morning working on a nerdy spreadsheet... I love it when I get to do cool formulas that make everything work so easy...
                  Garden and spreadsheets...now I know why I like you!
                  Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
                  Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
                  Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

• Ok people, listen up. I'm doing a whole7. Yes 7 days alcohol and sugar free. Now when I talk sugar, I mean not adding it in to stuff or eating sweets or cakes etc. If there is some sugar in the dressing I use on my salad I dont intend to sweat that. But no alcohol... you know its gonna be a long week dont you!!!

so day 1 today... I had a lemon juice and hot water first thing but have had tea with no sugar since. Interesting, I prefer my tea with a half a teaspoon of sugar but I can do it without. Had you asked me 2 years ago if I could have gone without 2 teaspoons of sugar in my tea i would have laughed... but as you can see i have reduced over time. so maybe I can go without???

just made a potato and chicken cheesecake for lunch. the base was made with a packet of potato chips and parmesan cheese and the filling was made with a cup of mashed potato (I used half normal potato and half kumara), sour cream, cream cheese, eggs, cooked chicken and peppers and spring onions. nice texture, definitely not sure about the base, wouldnt do that again, probably i would use an almond flour base mixed with parmesan probably.

It poured all night and is really windy today but I'm going to go for a walk shortly.

I've got a friend coming over for dinner and i've already prewarned her that I am not drinking....she said "couldnt you start tomorrow!"

Comment

• good luck with your whole7.

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                        Wow, velcro therapy. Sounds like those things at the show where you put on a velcro suit and get launched at the wall
                        Do you feel like spider man now!
                        Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                        <picturing Suse sideways and upsidedown attached to a velcro wall...> 0_0 Umm, sounds like fun??
                        Heeheehee

Originally posted by Suse View Post
                        Ok people, listen up. I'm doing a whole7. Yes 7 days alcohol and sugar free. Now when I talk sugar, I mean not adding it in to stuff or eating sweets or cakes etc. If there is some sugar in the dressing I use on my salad I dont intend to sweat that. But no alcohol... you know its gonna be a long week dont you!!!

I've got a friend coming over for dinner and i've already prewarned her that I am not drinking....she said "couldnt you start tomorrow!"

Good luck with your Whole 7!
                        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse
                        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Good luck Suse, it'll be a doddle.
                          My Journal

Comment

• Hi Suse, I'm back from tropical Taranaki and just wanted to catch up on your journal. I had one or two naughty things whilst away but suffered no ill effects. Good luck with the 7 days of abstaining. When I first read that I had to read it again and then I thought 'Yeah Right'...but then I thought that was mean (although I do love those Tui ads) and know that you CAN DO IT if you set your mind to it and remind yourself every evening after work that you are not drinking vino. I am interested to see if your sleep improves as I've also been waking some nights, feeling hot and finding it hard to get back to sleep. Hope it's not the beginning of menopause? as I'm similar age to you. Just know that we will all be reading your journal and checking in and we will know if you are fibbing at any stage ha ha!
                            I only had a glass and a half of vino tonight and am about to go and have 3 big glasses of water.

Comment

• I'm going to do it too! I have a Ghiradelli square I actually picked up last night (near checkout stand, of course). This will be a great test! lol
                              Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
                              Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
                              Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

• Good luck with the no wine. You can do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X