No announcement yet.

Primal Journal: NZ Suse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmmm no the shoulder I'm procrastinating on. I really should at least start doing my exercises again before I go to see him, although I dont think it will make a difference, but I should get on and try at least. And Leo has a sore paw at the moment so I will probably need a vet appt later in the week if that doesnt heal by itself (seeing $$$$)... I've got the elisabethan collar on him to stop him licking it so hopefully that will help...

Comment

• i suppose i should come up there for the sunshine. *le sigh* i do still prefer wellington.

though, i admit that auckland looked lovely in Under the Mountain (my friend made it).

Comment

• well zoe I am wellington born and I lived in the central city for a number of years and loved it - I understand the reluctance regarding auckland, I was the same, but now I wouldnt live anywhere else. Its all to do with the weather. Its not called windy wellington for nothing... and you are in for a few windy days by the looks of things with the tail end of cyclones!!!

well I deserve some congratulations! I have had my first alcohol free day of the year!!! yes I know... hard to believe. But its definitely been a good day... I havent been 100% good, but mostly. I confess to slipping two of those tiny mini toblerones into my mouth!!! I did have a pad thai for dinner and of course that had noodles in it... but oh well.

I've been sitting in front of the tv tonight (which is rare for any 'length' of time) and I've been watching the golden globes awards.... nothing quite like watching a bit of celebrity back slapping. But I just like to see what the ladies are wearing... they all look so stunning... sigh, I'd love to be able to dress up like that and go to a real "event".

Comment

• CONGRATULATIONS !! woohoo. Good on you - hope you sleep well tonight.

Wish we had Golden Globes showing here....stupid tennis...

Comment

• HMMM this morning my bf% jumped right back up again. grrr. I blame the pad thai. oh well its not a disaster just annoying... to be honest I dont think I drank enough water yesterday so perhaps my body is retaining it. Will try to drink more today.

Slept well, late to bed for me, 11pm, lights out 11.10 and slept pretty soundly until about 6am. Nice one! It was raining last night so a bit cooler.

Comment

• sounds like things are going well, pad thai or no.

Comment

• OOOH that late night is catching up with me... I feel very sleepy. Mind you I did just have a rather stodgy risotto from the cafe downstairs for lunch so it could be all the carbs in the rice making me feel sleepy. I am definitely in the mood for something sweet. actually am havign a cup of milo (made with hot water) as I just dont feel like a cup of tea... but maybe I'll have to head to the store and get something sweet.

Just bought a brand new tilting umbrella on trade me for $320, thats half the price of the cheapest ones I've seen (of the same quality) , and a third of the price of another one, and about an 8th of the price for the really really super good quality ones... Bit annoyed with myself as the guy had one on a $1 reserve and it sold for $251 ( I logged on to the site right on the close... could have kicked myself... anyway he said he had a few and offered them to watchers for $320 and I decided that was a good price)

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                  ... but maybe I'll have to head to the store and get something sweet.
                  Don't. Go for something fatty instead.

Comment

• but i really want sweet!!!! at the moment I am just too lazy to get off my arse and walk down to the shop though

Comment

but i really want sweet!!!! at the moment I am just too lazy to get off my arse and walk down to the shop though
                      NO!! you are drinking milo. sweet makes you want sweet.

you know you have to break the carb barrier...it will only hurt for a day or two..promise!

Comment

Just bought a brand new tilting umbrella on trade me for $320,
                        Excellent!! You'll love it!

So, did you get a sweet or a fat??
                        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse
                        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                          So, did you get a sweet or a fat??
                          Inquiring minds want to know...

Try keeping some coconut shreds or creamed coconut in your desk at work for the times when the sugar monster rears its ugly head, it might just work for you. Coconutty, no sugars, and lots of good fat. Hard to overeat it but it can help satisfy the cravings.

And excellent news on the umbrella. You won't regret it.
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• What the hell is milo? My dad grew up in a town called Milo....but don't know what it is you drink. Suppose I could google..heh heh

Comment

• Milo is the popular chocolate drink here. It is actually made from malted barley and comes in powder form and you mix it with cold or hot milk. Or when you are a kid you sneak mouthfuls of it straight from tin. It has the best taste, almost chocolate but not quite. oh yum...

and now I am feeling like chocolate...

EDIT: wow, who would have thought it was such a successful aussie product http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_(drink)
                              Last edited by Mog; 01-17-2011, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• bless me father for I have sinned. No sooner did I say I wanted something sweet and the gods obeyed and provided super sweet truffles put out for the team to share. I had 2. They were sickeningly sweet. I then had a mini toblerone to get the cloying sweet taste out of my mouth. Then I was ok. When I got home I proceeded to drink my way through nearly a whole bottle of wine when we had friends over for dinner... I completely forgot about my water rule... yes I do have a headache today, thanks for caring Gee I was kind of hoping I might grow up and become more sensible this year... clearly not. Good dinner though... no carbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X