Primal Journal: NZ Suse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
    for years I've had my heart on a honda jazz, its a small but funky little car, and I just like it, always have...and i think I should get one

I dont want to get a car and feel like, nah, I didnt really want this, but it will do.
    Get it! Don't settle!

You will love it!

I know. For 20 years I just drove whatever car my husband bought, it didn't matter to me what it was as long as it moved. When the new beetles first came out I LOVED them, but we had too many kids, so I got yet another big car.

Last year, when my big car died, I decided it was time for my Beetle. I did the shopping, I picked it out, I'm paying for it, and I love it!!
    It makes me smile (and it has a bud vase)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Good on you that 's the way to go, the old test drive. Our family car is 22 years old, Bluebird Nissan stationwagon, just spent $1000 on it - bugger oh well, it's very reliable. Husband walks to work I have the car for my use, transporting kids around etc.
      Good to have a car at least once in your life that you really love I reckon, blimey I've just had two glasses of sparkling rose, not my usual tipple and I feel slightly pissed - sorry Suse. By the way if you are ever down this way we must meet up, would be good to meet another primal kiwi. We have a spare room with double bed and a fully fenced section if you want to bring your pooches and great walks at the river for them too.

Comment

• aw thanks Shadgal, thats kind... you must be pissed! If I am ever in Palmy though I will let you know and we shall enjoy a wine or 2! ...how are you getting on with your decision making re getting a dog...?

OK weekend update...

remember how I said I wasnt planning on drinking much on friday ... yeah, nah, didnt quite happen! A few too many wines but didnt feel too ghastly next day thankfully. But I was very chatty when my partner came into pick me up apparently... and then I fell asleep in mid sentence when we got to bed...

Took the honda jazz for a test drive. Having a rethink, just seemed to be high revving before gear changes (automatic). I think it may take a while for me to find the perfect car...

A partially primal weekend, with a lot of cheating though... Had a nice day with my sister on Saturday. A good breakfast of bacon and eggs before picking her up, came home for a cuppa and had half a pain au chocolate... oops - not my fault, my sweetheart bought them back when he went to get the paper!. then we went out for the test drive, and then down to the waterfront to an italian restaurant for lunch. I indulged in chicken fettucine with a lovely creamy tomato sauce which really was delicious... when you dont eat certain foods for a while (ie, pasta and their associated sauces) you do really enjoy them when you have them - definitely 80/20 rule working there!. So primal not doing so well, what with french pastries and pasta! However dinner was a lot better, steak and lots of veges and salad, but lots of wine too and cosmopolitans to start so not ideal!! Also almond friands and organic yoghurt for dessert. Sunday had a huge, mostly primal breakfast, bacon, scrambled eggs with lots of cream and butter, sweet potato hash browns, but I did have a slice of vogels toast under my scrambled eggs.. My sister borrowed my car and went up north for the day/night. My partner and I went car hunting... test drove a few different cars, ford focus, definitely now ruled out along with the Ford Fiesta, and the Nissan Tiida also not going to be a winner. Toyota Corolla though is a potential as is a Mazda 3. More research to be done. No lunch, but another big dinner when my partners daughters came over, burger patties, gluten free sausages, sweet potato home made fries, salad. I passed on dessert though. 2 glasses of wine and half a glass of beer before dinner.

I need to go shopping this week for new clothes... Truly I just have nothing to wear. I am wearing a skirt today that is about 5 years old, I couldnt wear it at all last summer cause I was really just too fat round the middle and as it is white it is very unforgiving in that regard. Today I am practically swimming in it. Still a tiny little pot belly though which is noticeable to me but probably a blind man would be thrilled to see it. You know how it is, that little poochiness above the knicker line.... a bit of exercise of course would probably fix that.... yup, I'm great about talking about exercise, but i never actually do any.... hmmmm

Comment

• Suse, whenever I read your journal I feel guilty about the complete lack of imagination I have with my meals
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• hahaha, but have you ever noticed that I repeat the same meals over and over again!!!

Back to that exercise thing again though... I didnt walk the dogs yesterday. i am a bad mother. so much for my walk the dogs every day challenge.

Comment

• Sounds like a lovely weekend, Suse!

Yeah, really find the car that feels right for you. I tried a lot before getting my honda civic last year, including the mazda 3 and the toyota corolla. The civic just felt the best to me, and after 10 years of an automatic transmission, it was really fun to get back to a 5 speed manual. Keep looking until you find the one you love and you'll know it when you find it.
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• yesterdays eats:
                B: Scrambled egg and bacon (you would think I would get sick of my breakfasts but you know, I never do)
                S: 1 rum ball
                L: Leftovers from the weekend, a small piece of steak, half a gluten free sausage, a stuffed capsicum, and some sweet potato fries. Yum
                S: Some rice crackers and hummus with a glass of wine before taking my sister to the airport
                D: Popped into a thai restaurant for dinner on the way home... chicken and vege in a peanut sauce and beef with thai basil and vege. No rice. big glass of sparkling wine.

Oh my god, no eggs in my fridge this morning. Ok I thought I'll make a protein shake when I get to work, but got here and remembered I had used up all my protein shake stuff last week. Doh! Had to go down to the cafe and get a bacon and egg bap cause I was really hungry. I think today is not going to be very primal. I'm taking a half day today and going to a good friend's house to watch the melbourne cup and drink a lot of champagne (also a semi-wake as her mum died in the weekend) Every year we do this melbourne cup thing, its a big deal in NZ and aussie, everyone stops to watch it, well maybe not everyone! But I do! Maybe today I'll actually back the winner! A girl can dream. Anyway, it is a big event at my friends house, lots of people and she puts on the best food, and not all of it will look primal. But I'll do my best to pick the best of it.

Comment

• Hey Suse, yeah well I was a bit pissed when I sent that last offering, but I was impressed with my spelling all the same! and yes I did mean it about the visit one day! no more decision re dog acquiring, but I did look at the local GAP site and there are some lovely pooches. I think we'll wait until new year before deciding but then I am sure if I went out there I would fall in love with one and I really want to be prepared.
                  Good luck finding a motor, and have fun watching Melbourne Cup, I used to do the whole sweepstake thing in the old days when I worked fulltime, you know BC.

Comment

• oooowwwwwwwwww my head hurts. Why do I always think it is a great idea to have another glass of bubbles... why do I never learn to drink water. It is going to be a long day...

I was good on the eating front though, I ignored all the bread and had some lovely ham off the bone, some gorgeous eye fillet of beef, some delicious pork and pistachio terrine and some nice crunchy salad. Deep drunken sleep from 10pm till 2am and then not a lot after that. oh yeah, did I mention its going to be a long day.

I got third in the work sweepstake so I guess that is something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suse View Post
                      oooowwwwwwwwww my head hurts. Why do I always think it is a great idea to have another glass of bubbles... why do I never learn to drink water. It is going to be a long day...

I was good on the eating front though, I ignored all the bread and had some lovely ham off the bone, some gorgeous eye fillet of beef, some delicious pork and pistachio terrine and some nice crunchy salad. Deep drunken sleep from 10pm till 2am and then not a lot after that. oh yeah, did I mention its going to be a long day.

I got third in the work sweepstake so I guess that is something.
                      One of these days we might learn

Good job avoiding the bread. And on the sweepstake.
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• the day is inching along slowly. I have had a coke. (best thing for a hangover, bugger the sugar!) I also had a kebab for lunch and asked them to put chilli sauce in it... WELL.. that woke me up, my mouth is on fire. Am now eating some dark chocolate. yeah. not good.

Comment

• well I made it through yesterday. left work a bit early so I could go and pick up my car from my friends place and get home in time to make some dinner and have a quick nap before the girls came over... it was book club last night! I ate a bit of crap but overall wasnt too bad. Got to bed by 10pm thankfully and although I didnt have the most restful night sleep, I feel a damn sight better today than yesterday! Have passed on the primal blueprint to another bookclubber and also my copy of Good calories, bad calories. said I didnt expect to get GCBC back for 6 mths

Comment

• I'm glad you are feeling better today
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Hey Suse, glad you're back among the living...I feel your pain, or at least I did last Saturday...
                              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• hmmm speaking of pain, just went to the doc to get some mole-ey things burned off. it doesnt really hurt, but stings. am working from home this afternoon so I am sitting here snacking. poppadoms and hummus... with water! Off to test drive a car later on. i think I will aim for an alcohol free night tonight, it certainly wont hurt me!

Comment

Working...
                                X