No announcement yet.

Primal Journal: NZ Suse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome back, Suse. Sorry about your little dog, and the health issues. Congrats on the alcohol free month so far, I know you find it tough so . . . keep it up. Bali sounds lovely

My motivation pill is a visit to my parents or basically any other elderly folk struggling with arthritis, weakness, memory issues etc etc. Train like your life depends on it, because it does.
    Last edited by Annieh; 09-13-2015, 09:16 PM.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Ok I'm thinking I need to start making some real improvements in my life. I'm into my last week of sober September and I've been doing well. I'm trying a few new supplements. I need to improve on my eating. I've pretty much decided that I am not giving up Vogels bread, gluten free bread and I just don't have a meeting of the mind, to be honest, it's just bloody awful like eating sawdust - so as long as I'm not on the bread every day, that's ok by me. If I ever make pizza's at home I do use gluten free bases though, but that is pretty rare. I need more fat intake in my diet which hopefully will give me more energy and make me want to exercise. That is my biggest failing of all, lack of exercise. Summer's coming. anyway, I think I should start making some smoothies with coconut milk/cream. I think that was something that worked for me way back in the annals of time when I was first doing this...

Comment

• So far no improvements... I've still got the bloody cough/ahem, although I think it is slowly starting to improve. I need to get off my bloody butt and do some bloody exercise. Honestly, when did I become sooooooooooo lazy. I may join the gym up the road again and do the swimming at lunchtime. Only thing I don't like about that is the chlorine in the pool and having to wash my hair afterwards, and getting rid of the chlorine smell off my body. But at least it is a pleasant way to spend a half hour. I certainly don't go all out though.

will make a note to get some protein powder to make my smoothies.

On another note, I've been making bliss ball thingies (with nuts and dates) which make a nice change from eating rubbish after lunch. not that I've fully stopped eating rubbish after lunch. I need to find out if I can freeze them. What I tend to do is make a batch of about 30 and bring them into work and share them around. Which is nice, but each batch costs about $15 (I think that's what I worked it out to... all the nuts add up!) so its not like I want to do that every day... so it would be better if I could just pop a couple out of the freezer in the morning and bring into work with me, and that way they would last a couple of weeks. Might try it with a couple and see if it works.

Comment

• Hi Suse - I'm with you on the exercise thing. I was wondering if asking for a Fitbit for Christmas might help motivate me, but in all honesty I think it'll increase the guilt but not the motivation, lol. I'm still in the grip of the sugar dragon, too - not as bad as I have been, but it's still roaring away quite happily. Nice to see you back here, though
          Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Suse! A great surprise to see you back.

Those bliss balls, what's in them besides nuts? Sort of like a homemade larabar (don't know if you get those down there). If it's nuts and dates, or maybe coconut oil or butter, should be fine in the freezer. Good idea to try a few and see if it works. Remember Batty's blueberry butter balls from way back in the beginning? They were tasty, stored well in the freezer.

Good job on the swimming, but yes, I feel the same way about the chloring on skin and hair. Is why I don't use my outdoor hottub as much as I should.
            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Jac View Post
              Hi Suse - I'm with you on the exercise thing. I was wondering if asking for a Fitbit for Christmas might help motivate me, but in all honesty I think it'll increase the guilt but not the motivation, lol. I'm still in the grip of the sugar dragon, too - not as bad as I have been, but it's still roaring away quite happily. Nice to see you back here, though
              Jac I bought myself a fitbit for my birthday. It does make you realise how little exercise you do... well in my case it does. I certainly get the step count up in the weekend, but weekdays are shocking! I do like it for tracking my sleep. When I first got it I was in a lovely sleep phase which lasted several weeks. Now the graph on my sleeping is all over the show, I'm clearly very restless at night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                Suse! A great surprise to see you back.

Those bliss balls, what's in them besides nuts? Sort of like a homemade larabar (don't know if you get those down there). If it's nuts and dates, or maybe coconut oil or butter, should be fine in the freezer. Good idea to try a few and see if it works. Remember Batty's blueberry butter balls from way back in the beginning? They were tasty, stored well in the freezer.

Good job on the swimming, but yes, I feel the same way about the chloring on skin and hair. Is why I don't use my outdoor hottub as much as I should.
                These are the ones I make
                Chocolate Orange Brain Balls - LDM - La Donna Moderna : LDM – La Donna Moderna
                everyone at work raves about them. I recall battys blueberry balls being talked about, but I never tried them.

I have yet to actually go swimming.... I need a new swim suit for starters. Don't really feel like shocking the world in my bikini.

But yes I feel I am close to change.... I am so tired of being so critical of myself. If I actually DID something, I wouldn't need to be a bitch to myself.

Comment

Working...
                X