No announcement yet.

Meggo's Journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like sometimes I need to remind myself.... When I started this weight-loss journey in October 2009 (was doing WW and Jazzercise), I was at my heaviest ever. 227 lbs. I'm 5'4. Will post some photos this evening while I'm enjoying my pj's and my couch. So, in 4.5 years, I've lost 38.8 lbs. Seems like it should be more, but when I started Primal I lost much of that. WW just didn't work for me because I could still eat my precious bread and pasta! Anyways. I'll take almost 40 pounds in 4.5 years!
    Meggo

Comment

Had a mojito with a friend on Friday after work and it was delicious! The 80/20 rule for that! Saturday morning I woke up early, signed up for personal training and went to kickboxing. Best way to start the weekend! I love that class. I am in my own world and my mind is clear. Afterwards, my new trainer saw me and asked if I wanted to try some things. Sure??? He about killed me. Not really. But, I haven't done weights for several months (ok, ok, about 8 months!). The rest of the day and Sunday I just relaxed. I literally did nothing but read, sleep and cook.

I love cooking. I made carrot fries (so easy and delicious!), roasted broccoli, cauliflower rice and chicken curry. I also hardboiled some eggs I can grab for breakfast on the way out the door, so I can get some extra Zzzzz's.

Weight: 189.0 (Once this 21 day thing is over, I am only weighing in once a week). 21 days to get back on it.

B: 3 hardboiled eggs
      L: Chicken curry, cauliflower rice
      D: Roasted broccoli, ham
      S: Cucumbers, carrots and handful of pistachios
      Meggo

Comment

Had a very long day at work yesterday, the kiddos at school are driving me mental! Went to 40 minutes of kickboxing and then an hour of personal training. He destroyed me, once again, but in a good way! The only thing I don't like is that he stretches me at the end. I grew up dancing and am very familiar with stretching. He hurts me! I think I may tell him I will do that part on my own from now on. Slept like a baby last night, I don't think I moved at all. Tonight, it's Rumba for some fun and then an early night with my Kindle!

Weight: 188.2
        B: 3 hardboiled eggs, 1 small avocado
        L: Chicken curry, cauliflower rice
        D: Roasted broccoli
        S: Cucumbers, carrots and pistachios
        Meggo

Comment

Rumba is so much fun! I laugh, sweat, laugh more and try to keep up. Last night, the instructor busted out some backflips in the middle of class. Fun! Went to bed last night and thought to myself, "I feel kind of funny..." Woke up and it's that lovely time of the month. I normally wait until I get to work to have my breakfast, but today I had an avocado as soon as I woke up. I got to work, had two hardboiled eggs. Waited a bit. Now, I'm munching on the last of my pistachios. I also brought a piece of dark chocolate with sea salt. I hate how hungry I get at this time! Anyways. Tonight is a night off from the gym, cause I have Spanish lessons after school. I plan to stop at the pharmacy/store on the way home, then pour myself a nice glass of wine and relax on the couch with a movie tonight. AND, go to sleep early.

Weight: 187.8
          B: Avocado, 2 hardboiled eggs
          L: Roasted broccoli and chicken curry
          D: None. Sleep.
          S: carrots, cucumbers, pistachios, 2 pieces dark chocolate, 1 bag gummi worms

So, since it's that time, I was really craving some sugar. I was exhausted all day (the usual at this time). I managed to devour a package of gummi worms. Yep. The whole thing. At least they are gluten-free, right? Anyways. Moving on tomorrow. Will make sure to bring a piece of fruit to work tomorrow if the sweet cravings hit again.
          Last edited by meggo2002; 02-12-2014, 03:58 PM.
          Meggo

Comment

Ok. Went home last night and was planning to have a glass of wine. I got home, took a long, hot shower, put on my PJs and curled up on the couch for a bit, before crawling in bed at 7:30 pm. Tonight, I have personal training at 5:30 and then will go to sleep early again. I am just exhausted! Again, the sugar cravings hit at school, so another package of gummi worms was devoured. What?! I am so hungry and so tired. Tomorrow is Friday night, and I will go with some friends to have a glass of wine, then relax at home and write report cards. Fun, huh?

Weight: 186.6 Somehow, still down with the gummi worms.

B: 3 hardboiled eggs, 1 avocado
            L: Cauliflower rice and chicken curry
            S: 1 hardboiled egg, cucumber and carrots, GUMMI WORMS.
            D: None. When I get home from working out, I'm not hungry.
            Meggo

Comment

It's Sport's Day today for the kiddos. Think, Harry Potter-style... They belong to different houses and compete throughout the day in different activities. The house that wins, gets the trophy. Had Personal Training last night and it was great. I had to stop many times, but managed to finish. I am trying to convince him to only do weights, because he wants me to do cardio in between, but my cardio comes from kickboxing and Rumba! It's Valentine's Day today! I am going for a drink with friends after work (red, red wine) and will treat myself to some delicious empanadas (made with corn). Yay! Then, it's going to be a quiet night with my report cards and my couch. Tomorrow morning, I'm doing Kickboxing, then grocery shopping and then Personal Training.

Weight: 186.6

B: 1 avocado, handful of almonds
              L: 4 hardboiled eggs and mayo
              S: cucumbers, carrots, empanadas!
              D: Not sure, but probably will pick up a steak on the way home
              RED WINE. Happy Friday!
              B:
              Meggo

Comment

Alright. Had a good weekend! Did kickboxing and personal training on Saturday morning, threw some stuff in the crockpot and then went to wine club. I only had about 2 glasses of wine, as I mixed it with sparkling water. Sunday, I woke up with a horrid cough that sounds like I'm hacking up a lung... Ew. Didn't eat much yesterday, but cooked a bunch! Beef stew, broccoli, chicken, hardboiled eggs. Tonight, if I'm feeling better, I'll go to kickboxing. If not, I might just take it easy and go to be REALLY early tonight.... Hmmm. So far, my vote is early to bed.

Weight: 188.0
                B: 1 avocado, 3 eggs, 1 coconut water
                L: 1 cup broccoli, 1 serving beef stew
                S: None. Not feeling too hungry.
                D: None. Tea. Sleep.
                Meggo

Comment

Slept for about 9 hours last night. Could have slept all day, I think. Rode my bike to school again, and of course there was another downpour/thunder/lightning at the end of the day as I was getting ready to come home. Anyways. A long day at work. Going to dinner with a friend tonight and am going to have some sushi. Mmmm. And edamame (yeah, not Primal, but I LOVE it). And wine. A glass.

Weight: 187.4
                  B: 1 avocado, 2 eggs
                  L: 2 pieces chicken, 1 egg, 1/2 cup tomatoes
                  D: 12 pieces sushi, 1 cup edamame, 1 glass white wine
                  S: Cucumbers and carrots

Here is a picture. From September 2012 until March of 2013. I am a few pounds above the most recent picture.
                  MeganBefore.jpg
                  Meggo

Comment

Had a delicious dinner last night at Wok, an Asian fusion restaurant. Started out with edamame and then had two sushi rolls. My friend ordered a gluten-free desert and I had a few bites, but let her finish it off. It was delicious, though, but I didn't know what else they put in it. I have officially been doing this pretty strictly for 21 days. I've lost 5 pounds in those 3 weeks. More importantly, I feel better. I have been indulging in dark chocolate a few days a week and I need to stop that. Tomorrow, we have a field trip and I am not sure what to pack. There will not be coolers and I don't have an insulated lunch box... Maybe I'll go buy one tonight. I'm thinking some tuna, hardboiled eggs and almonds. I also need to cut down on the nuts. Anyways. Feeling a lot better, still a ton of mucous.... After the field trip tomorrow, I have personal training. Awesome choice, Megan, awesome choice.

Weight: 187.0
                    B: 1 avocado, 1 egg
                    L: 2 pieces chicken, 2 eggs, 2 tomatoes
                    S: Cucumber, carrots, dark chocolate
                    D: Spinach and shrimp

So, the crockpot meal I made is not the best. Maybe it's cause I'm a bit under the weather, but it does not appeal to me at all.... I hate wasting food... Okay. The kiddos are coming back from recess. Halfway through the day.
                    Meggo

Comment

Yikes. The field trip to the farm was so much fun for the kiddos! They loved it! Highlight: One boy was attempting to touch a worm (a very small worm) and literally got sick because of it. Seriously? I used to play in the woods all the time and can't imagine myself or any of my childhood friends being sick from trying to touch a worm! We used to catch crawdads, too. And salamanders. Last night I went to Happy Hour with people from work. Teachers can drink! I totally went overboard and had 4 mojitos. Lots of sugar. More alcohol. I was asleep by 8:30 pm. This morning, I went to kickboxing and had personal training. I think I sweated out pure mojito. Had a lovely steak for lunch. Made some artichokes for dinner and carrot fries. Going to throw some ribs in the crockpot and go to sleep early tonight. I have to finish report cards tomorrow. And be lazy. Yep.

Weight: 186.2 (last weigh-in until Friday!)
                      B: Coconut water, 2 eggs
                      L: Steak and 1 cup of potatoes
                      D: 2 artichokes and 3 carrots (carrot fries)

How do I make my journal exciting enough for people to actually COMMENT on?!
                      Meggo

Comment

Originally posted by meggo2002 View Post
                        Slept for about 9 hours last night. Could have slept all day, I think. Rode my bike to school again, and of course there was another downpour/thunder/lightning at the end of the day as I was getting ready to come home. Anyways. A long day at work. Going to dinner with a friend tonight and am going to have some sushi. Mmmm. And edamame (yeah, not Primal, but I LOVE it). And wine. A glass.

Weight: 187.4
                        B: 1 avocado, 2 eggs
                        L: 2 pieces chicken, 1 egg, 1/2 cup tomatoes
                        D: 12 pieces sushi, 1 cup edamame, 1 glass white wine
                        S: Cucumbers and carrots

Here is a picture. From September 2012 until March of 2013. I am a few pounds above the most recent picture.
                        [ATTACH]15571[/ATTACH]
                        Wow! what a change! Not that you didn't look good before, but you look so much more vibrant in the second pic. Way to go girl!!

Comment

Thanks! I feel great being back on Primal. Today, I cooked for the week. Ribs in the crockpot (Nom Nom Paleo!), baked chicken breast with garlic, roasted broccoli, spinach and making hardboiled eggs now. I am set! Feeling better and looking forward to a good week before my birthday on Saturday! Going to an Indian-type place and going to have Indonesian food for dinner- either Nasi Goreng with shrimp and chicken in it, or a type of spicy chicken satay made with coconut milk. Only part that's not Primal will be my birthday beverages!
                          Meggo

Comment

Oh, hell. So, I didn't go crazy during my birthday weekend, but I definitely had more than a couple glasses of wine and too much rice. When school started this week, I was back on Primal, but I couldn't stay away from the rice. So, alas... I am back to 189.0..... UGH. Had personal training and kickboxing last night- did some weights and Rumba tonight. No more RICE! Really. Okay. Here we go.
                            Meggo

Comment

Got back on track! Yesterday, I cooked for the week. I made steak, spinach, egg foo young from NomNomPaleo, garlic mashed cauliflower, and a delicious chicken, shrimp and broccoli stir fry. Wednesday night I'll cook up some zucchini and squash for the rest of the week. On Saturday I did kickboxing and also tried out TRX for the first time. I really enjoyed it and it was a great workout. After payday, I think I'll sign up for some sessions of TRX. Today, I went to the gym and did about 45 minutes of squats, weights and lunges. Now, I'm enjoying a glass of wine and will be going to bed early.
                              Meggo

Comment

I track my food in LoseIt every day, but can't remember to post on here! Ah!!!
                                I have been working out with a trainer on TRX and weights, as well as doing Kickboxing twice a week. I also walk to work (1.25 miles each way) almost every day. I have been doing really great on Primal and have been getting stronger at the gym. However.... I have gaine almost 5 pounds! I am up to 191.4, which is driving me crazy. Everyone says I look more toned, but I just want the damn scale to drop!!!!!! I've also cut out wine, except on Friday night if I go out for happy hour, I have one glass (with seltzer water), or I will have ONE glass with dinner Saturday. I don't usually eat dinner, I am never hungry after working out.... So, I have breakfast and a big lunch....
                                Meggo

Comment

Working...
                                X