No announcement yet.

RowdyTike is in the cave!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Rowdy--Others have great words of wisdom and suggestions, and i don't have better ones to add. Just know that you're helping us (ME!) as much as we are helping you stay on track. You remind me that I am not alone in my own battles!

Comment

When doing battle with the sugar-sauruses while hunting in the Land of SAD, there is no trustier weapon to have at hand than a spoonful of pure fat. While I agree with Choco that eating huge amount of pure fat on a ongoing basis is not a great idea, as a transitional thing in order to kick those craving to the curb, it is very effective.

Start keeping a jar of coconut oil in your desk drawer for such battles (no refrigeration needed) or keeping a stick of kerrygold butter in the fridge. I tbs of pure fat has roughly 100 calories but it shuts down the hunger alarms and sugar cravings like nobody business.

Comment

Sage words brother, I will try that. I usually just bring lunch as I am trying not snack, but like I said this was kind of an ambush! Just crazy town!

Originally posted by ecks View Post
        Start thinking about keeping a stash of paleo foods at work. Even if you just bring a spare tupperware with eggs, bbq'd meat, veggies or whatever. Store them in the fridge at work and refer to them as "tomorrow's lunch". That way if you get tempted you can just go grab something that'll cover you and worse comes to worse you can just bring an actual tomorrow's lunch when tomorrow comes.... if that all makes sense. Think about doing 30 days of very low sugar. I'm talking under 50 grams of sugar a day. It'll help kick the craving!
        I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

RowdyT

Comment

Thanks drjoyous, I appreciate that.
          Originally posted by drjoyous View Post
          Hi Rowdy--Others have great words of wisdom and suggestions, and i don't have better ones to add. Just know that you're helping us (ME!) as much as we are helping you stay on track. You remind me that I am not alone in my own battles!

RowdyT

Comment

Thanks PBird, you always have outstanding practicals! Here is the issue I have with coconut oul; the smell, I try to tuck into a tablespoon and I am gagging at the smell.

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
            When doing battle with the sugar-sauruses while hunting in the Land of SAD, there is no trustier weapon to have at hand than a spoonful of pure fat. While I agree with Choco that eating huge amount of pure fat on a ongoing basis is not a great idea, as a transitional thing in order to kick those craving to the curb, it is very effective.

Start keeping a jar of coconut oil in your desk drawer for such battles (no refrigeration needed) or keeping a stick of kerrygold butter in the fridge. I tbs of pure fat has roughly 100 calories but it shuts down the hunger alarms and sugar cravings like nobody business.

RowdyT

Comment

Rowdy,
              I've fallen off the wagon, hit the log, flopped through the branches and landed on my head a time or two when traveling through the land of SAD. The nice thing is the path back to the cave is pretty well marked and you are always welcome home again. I know what you mean about the guy who can eat anything and not gain a pound... my brother in law to be is one of those guys. He eats MacDonald's and Wendy's like it is going out of style and not a pound gained. This weekend he texted me a picture of himself with a fork and an entire pan of flapper pie (used to be my fav. dessert). I almost grabbed my club and thumped him for it!
              Grok on rock dweller all is well!
              “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyTike43 View Post
                Thanks PBird, you always have outstanding practicals! Here is the issue I have with coconut oul; the smell, I try to tuck into a tablespoon and I am gagging at the smell.
                You can get the refined kind of CO if you are not partial to the smell or you can get pure MCT oil. Or just go for the butter snax. I find I go through phases where CO is delicious and others where I find it gag worthy. I don't know why that happens but I try to honor my body's wishes about that.

Comment

Wow. This is great info. Thanks!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Thanks for the understanding double "P". Yeah the Running People are like the Joker to my Batman. Hello I would like to save my joints for old age, thank you very much! I don't know what flapper pie is, send me a picture of it! (joking Primal P, put down the bison femur!) I am glad you didn't thump him, you could have gone to SAD jail and been given three SAD's a day!

Originally posted by Primal Primate View Post
                    Rowdy,
                    I've fallen off the wagon, hit the log, flopped through the branches and landed on my head a time or two when traveling through the land of SAD. The nice thing is the path back to the cave is pretty well marked and you are always welcome home again. I know what you mean about the guy who can eat anything and not gain a pound... my brother in law to be is one of those guys. He eats MacDonald's and Wendy's like it is going out of style and not a pound gained. This weekend he texted me a picture of himself with a fork and an entire pan of flapper pie (used to be my fav. dessert). I almost grabbed my club and thumped him for it!
                    Grok on rock dweller all is well!

RowdyT

Comment

• Welcome BisonWoman, you haven't seen anything yet!!! Cave Dwellers such as PaleoBird (Who is the cave shawwoman!), My main Canadian brother ecks (A level million food mage) and NZ primal Gwamma (The Queen of Uplift) pack double-barreled shots of wisdom on the regular. Come near to the fire and sit at their feet, I know I do!

Originally posted by BisonWoman View Post
                      Wow. This is great info. Thanks!
                      Last edited by RowdyTike43; 04-09-2013, 07:57 AM. Reason: I no spel so grate!

RowdyT

Comment

• Originally posted by RowdyTike43 View Post
                        Thanks for the vote of confidence Gwamma and if that is you in your avatar photo, then me likes the saggy and baggy! In other words, you look great!!! (Imagine Tony the Tiger here!)
                        awwww shucks Rowdy T - you are one sweet wee fella - have you heard the old saying that the camera doesn't lie ????? well in this instance the camera told major fibs !!!!!!!!! LOL
                        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Shawwoman? Really? I'm honored.

RT, there is a book I think you need to read. Not another diet/fitness book. This one is fiction but it expresses beasutifully the entire Primal state of mind.

It is by the same guy, J. Stanton, who has the GNOLLS.ORG - Home of J. Stanton and The Gnoll Credo site which has lots of great paleo advice my favorite post of which is this"

“Eat Like A Predator, Not Like Prey”: The Paleo Diet In Six Easy Steps, A Motivational Guide - GNOLLS.ORG

His work of fiction is called the Gnoll Credo. The Gnoll Credo: J. Stanton: 9780982667132: Amazon.com: Books
                          I really think you would like it. Not everybody is ready for it but I think you are.

Comment

• So... err... uhh... wha happened?
                            SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                            Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                            Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                            Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                            Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                            Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Yeah, Rowdy Tyke..
                              Where ya at?

Comment

Working...
                              X