Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey (gopintos)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the most optimal time for me to exercise, is anytime I'll do it! I have to agree bout the structure and commitment. That's why I love exercising with others. I might say no to myself, but I won't break an exercise date. Take it slow and just keep adding things in.

You have a lot of "stuff". Maybe just pick anyone of them and do it. Having been morbidly obese, I was always looking for the next right thing. I still find myself looking for the right experiment or hack that will melt off the last 10 pounds. So I guess I'll just eat primal, move and trust the process!

Comment

ok well... wii fit is driving me bonkers. won't come on, so I can not weigh. I did take some measurements. I think things have gone down. who knows if my measuring was accurate last time or not, but most things went down, at least a little.

I have done alot of tators during the day. But then i eat dinner, sometimes a greek yogurt w/fruit. Calorie cycling by trying to do a lower one day, higher the next, inspired but the up down diet thing. Except my down day is usually more like 700 calories and not under 500.

i try to at least wait until mid morning to eat, so about 16 hours, but then it seems like i want something, even if just a small tator, every 2-3 hours. but that is the way i started out losing weight, so just going with it.

this morning though, i was just hungry for eggs... with tomato and avocado and little cheese. it was delish.

so, I dont have any words of wisdom or revelations. I am just going with the flow for now.
      65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Ok, well, my new Wii Fit disk arrived, so I could weigh myself on the Wii. So after a week of not weighing, I was hopeful that I had lost some. I mean I FEEL like I have. Things seem distributed around a little differently anyways, for the better.

But nooooooooo.... it said up .7 You think it is defective and I should get my money back?! Well something is defective, that is for sure.

Bummed you ask? Well I should be. But I am not. I ate good. I got in a TOOOOOOOOOOOOON of good ole exercise outside last week. So I do not know what I am, but I am not bummed.

In fact, for some strange reason, I feel pretty good. I have some clear plans, both with working with my foundation and with my health goals. So maybe each will help me to stay focused and on track with the other.

I am going to try something with my diet for the next 28 days. Some may see it as a Primal step backwards. I am going to try to go back to some of the things that helped me to see success in the beginning of my journey, before Primal. Things like - I never drank coffee before, so that is going. I use to always eat breakfast, so I am going to start doing that again. I use to eat about every 3 hours or so, so I am going to start doing that again. I started eating legumes in the beginning of my journey, I am going to start doing that again. It will be sort of a cycle of carbs & fats. Calories maybe a little cycling also. Oh, I am cutting out dairy. EEGADS!! I don't have alot, but I do like a little greek yogurt and a little cottage cheese most daily, so that might be the hardest part. But it is only 28 days, not forever, unless I choose to after that time.

I'll check back maybe every week. Or maybe just surprise you at the end of 28 days! No, I doubt I can do that. Cuz I will either be happy about it, or bitch'n about it way before then

Comment

I've been wondering where you are! Good to see you posting and I'm looking forward to seeing how your 28 days go. Good luck, and keep up the good work you've already been doing!
          Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Good luck with your 28 days. I hope you check in before the end!

Comment

awe thanks guys!

Yes I am still around. I just don't have much to contribute, so I mostly just read But I try not to read too much, cuz everything sounds like it would be good

Ok, so today is day one. So far so good, but it isnt lunch time yet haha. But... I have been up since about 5:30

Plenty of food. Too much even, but I am trying to eat it all since that was part of my downfall before, I think. I had some gain over the weekend - and I know exactly from what, so part of my initial weight loss will be from that.

I think this should be pretty easy, so I am hoping for good results

Comment

down 1.5lbs! Need I say more?! haha

Ok, yal you know me, of course I will say more. But not much more. Mostly that I know this is water, but it needs to go so I will take it!!

Comment

Oh, I just realized, I forgot to post after the first day! It was down .9!!
                  So that makes 2.4 so far this week!

Comment

down 2.6!! That makes 5lbs this week! That gets rid of my water gain over the weekend, and I am sure (hoping) most of my gain since the first of the year has been water, so I am sure it is not fat loss yet, but hey, it's all gotta go! right?!

Comment

Wow, one week? I've read back a couple of times to see which approach(es) you're taking now, but whatever it is, it's working!
                      Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

I know it! It is 3 days actually. I started on Monday. So Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday on the plan, resulted in 5lbs loss at 5am on Thursday!

It is called the Fast Metabolism Diet (Did. I. Eat. Today) All kinds of foods, pretty much same foods as I eat now, but certain foods on certain days to accomplish certain things. So I don't feel deprived, I know it will roll back around in a few days. Like fruit. I would sure like to have an orange, but I can wait until tomorrow She doesnt include wheat but does other grains like steel cut oats. And quinoa, though technically a seed I guess. She also includes beans and legumes, but I had other things instead so far.

She doesnt count calories, but does count servings (ounces, cups, pieces of fruit) and the more you have to lose, the more servings you get

Too much food for me. I can't eat it all but trying to eat as much as I can.

Comment

5 days under my belt & 6.2lbs gone from under my belt!!!!

Comment

Oh geesh, I havent checked in for a few days. Scale still going down. .7 today, .9 yesterday, I don't remember before that off hand.

Comment

minus 1.5lbs today

This is pretty crazy!

Comment

You're having amazing results. What does a day of eating look like for you? Congrats to you. I know you must be delighted with your progress!

Comment

Working...
                                X