No announcement yet.

Mama~Mare gone Primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I ate the whole friggin cave for lunch! I ate at 1:00 and am still stuffed. I think I will be skipping dinner tonight.

6am fatt~a licious coffee
    lots of reading and cleaning of the kitchen

10 am did the church thing. I love to hear a message, but holy shit, I hate the worship part. Church music has got to be the worst music on the planet! I'm also disturbed at how "cookie cutter" churches are. You can walk into any church around here and know what's coming. Announcements, worship, pass the tithe plate and then the message.

The message was good. It was on managing your emotions. Something I clearly need

After church DH and I walked for an hour in the woods

Then I had the salad of all salads! It was a monster! My 8 yr old wanted bacon for lunch so then I topped my salad with the bacon grease. That's what made it so filling. I don't know if I will ever be hungry again.........I'm actually almost a little grossed out. I'm over satiated.

Comment

Morning!

It's 8 am and I just finished breakfast. I haven't wanted breakfast in a few days, but this morning I could feel a lack of energy and I was actually hungry.

I had my fatt~a~licious coffee at 6 and did some reading and journaling. Then did 30 mins of easy yoga. Suddenly I was weak and extremely hungry. Not to mention the fact that my 8 yr old was hungry too! (Snow day for the kiddos today)

Breakfast: 1/4 of a grapefruit ( it occurred to me this morning that I don't have to eat the whole damn thing!)
      Leftover roasted broccoli and cauliflower from last night. A thin slice of last nights pork roast with an egg cooked on top. It was a delicious and satisfying meal. I will be curious to see how long I stay full.

I'm now on a second cup of coffee with coconut milk......

Comment

11:30 and just had a snack.........ok it was probably bigger than a snack..........I took 3 small romaine leaves and filled them with my 8 yr olds left over burger from the other night. Sprinkled it with coconut vinegar, sea salt and a bit of cottage cheese.......super tasty!

I was going to try and hold off until 1 or 2:00 but I was feeling hungry..............all part of listening to my body.........

It's so wild to me how every day is so different in terms of hunger and what sounds good

Comment

Ended up still feeling hungry and shaky at 12:30 so I had a homemade PB friendly muffin, raw celery and cauliflower, some walnuts and 2 TBS of almond butter.

DD and I started a movie and I fell asleep for an hour. Then we took the dog for a 45 min walk in the snowy woods. It's after 4:00 and I still feel uncomfortably full.

I think it's time for me to start cutting down on my portions of fats. I'm not as lean as when I started the PB over a month ago. I allowed myself to pig out and it's time to start fine tuning things so that I don't put on 10 lbs. My portion sizes have been astronomical as well. I eat until I'm uncomfortable and it's not a good feeling.

My carbs have definitely been at 75 grams a day or lower. But since I've gone overboard on fats and portion sizes I'm putting on weight.

I will get this ironed out at some point!

Comment

Day off

6 am through 10am coffee (heavy cream) and water
            1 spoon of almond butter

Did some errands with 18 year old

Was feeling famished by 10:30 had some leftover beets and onions with some pork and 1/4 of an apple. Kept my portion size "normal" and felt satisfied

Took the dog for an hour walk.......

Comment

Almost 4:00 Having a snack: Sautéed purple kale and 2 hard boiled eggs. Mixed the yoke with 1/4 of an avocado.

Did some housework and reading. Chopped up all the veggies in the fridge so they are ready for snacking or roasting. I have some chicken thighs looking mighty sexy in a coconut vinegar brine with fresh garlic and herbs. Never done a brine before, hope it's tasty.

Feeling pretty good today. Earlier on my walk I was reminded that I believe we are spiritual beings and that when I'm in touch with my spirituality I am most content. It's where my focus needs to be. The past 6 weeks I've been so focused on PB and understanding it............of course that has resulted in thinking about food constantly.

All too often it's easy to become off center and forget that contentment and satisfaction do not come through outward things....i.e. your job, relationships, health, material possessions, the perfect eating plan....etc...these things can heighten your sense of contentment and satisfaction...........ultimately it comes from with in

Comment

Bleh..........started this thing at 115 lbs..........120 lbs this morning..........not cool..........time to stop being a Primal PIG

Comment

Sunday, funday........

Woke up this morning and our 8 yr old was already up. We played some backgammon and checkers over my 1st 2 cups of coffee....

At 8:00 Made us some eggs cooked in bacon fat with a side of fresh berries. I also had some broccoli and brussel sprouts.

I went to church by myself and then to the gym to lift heavy. Felt really strong today, what a great feeling that is!

Came home and at 1:00 had some romaine topped with kale and chicken sautéed in bacon fat......YUM

Tried to take the dog for a walk. Both of us bit it on the icy driveway and it started to rain.......maybe when my ass has been Primal for longer than 7 weeks I'll get up and brush that off and keep walking. Instead I came in and poured a cup of coffee........and here I sit

Comment

Originally posted by Mama~Mare View Post
                    Sunday, funday........

Woke up this morning and our 8 yr old was already up. We played some backgammon and checkers over my 1st 2 cups of coffee....

At 8:00 Made us some eggs cooked in bacon fat with a side of fresh berries. I also had some broccoli and brussel sprouts.

I went to church by myself and then to the gym to lift heavy. Felt really strong today, what a great feeling that is!

Came home and at 1:00 had some romaine topped with kale and chicken sautéed in bacon fat......YUM

Tried to take the dog for a walk. Both of us bit it on the icy driveway and it started to rain.......maybe when my ass has been Primal for longer than 7 weeks I'll get up and brush that off and keep walking. Instead I came in and poured a cup of coffee........and here I sit
                    Rest is primal.....

Comment

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                      Rest is primal.....
                      Yes, you are right, thank you for that reminder I just really love walking my dog and being outside

Yesterday was fairly decent...........:

6am: coffee w/ heavy cream, 1/4 cup fresh blueberries and 1 homemade primal muffin (cocoa powder, almond butter, butter, eggs and honey) I tried the no breakfast thing on the days that I go to the gym and my workouts were lacking

8am ~ 8:45: 16 minute circuit with moderate weight 8 different exercises, treadmill at the highest incline and a steady walk, finished with stretching

9 am: Office time.......1 clementine, 2 eggs, coffee with heavy cream

1pm: Ready for lunch! 1 Italian sausage atop steamed broccoli, brussel sprouts, kale, dandelion greens, rainbow chard and coconut oil

4:30: Walnuts and 1 clementine, coffee with cream

7:30: 8oz cabernet (organic no sulphites) 3 strips of bacon, 1/2 a burger, romaine, roasted greens, broccoli, brussel sprouts and garlic. For desert 1/4 cup blueberries and a spoon of almond butter.

I felt satisfied all day!

Comment

Originally posted by Mama~Mare View Post
                        Yes, you are right, thank you for that reminder I just really love walking my dog and being outside

Hey, even a busted clock is right twice a day!

Comment

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          Hey, even a busted clock is right twice a day!

LOL! So true!

So, the day off is well underway......I'm taking a snack break: 1/2 a cold Italian sausage, 1/4 of an apple, celery sticks and almond butter........strange combo, but it's what sounded good

Had breakfast at 7:00 homemade muffin and a huge mess of greens sautéed in a tsp of bacon fat.....coffee and heavy cream

Got all the kids and hubby out the door and now the house is ripped apart so I can give it a good deep clean....as I'm cleaning I'm getting caught up on the phone with friends and family. The troubles of my loved ones are breaking my heart.......I know we each have our own journey we must walk through.........a time to weep and a time for joy.........

My sweet 4 legged pal has been waiting patently for a walk.....the sun is shining and I'm looking forward to getting out there with him.........my mind will welcome the silence and solitude the rhythm of walking brings

Comment

Welp it's Saturday and I'm working on my second cuppa joe...............yum...........I love being up early on a Saturday knowing that there isn't the M~F routine of alarm clocks and getting the fam and myself out the door on time. I only have to get DD and myself out the door by 8:30 on Saturdays and then we get to hang out for the day with music lessons, grocery shopping and whatever else we feel like doing. We both look forward to our time together.

Been doing ok in the food department. Been keeping it Primal and was able to cut back on portion sizes and fat consumption.

I definitely prefer eating a few times through out the day. Kudos to anyone who can eat 1 big meal a day, my body is just not there. Who's to say I won't be there in the future.

Comment

Working...
                            X