Oregon Girl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon Girl

Today is my birthday, i am 47. I am on day five of paleo and it is going fabulously!

Three years ago i lost 180 pounds. I was working toward getting a lap band, so i lost 116 on my own and should have kept going and called off the surgery, but i did have it. I do regret getting it, but i do not regret all of the hard work i put in, i literally worked my ass off. or what I learned from it and that it eventually lead me here.

Time passed and i gained 2/3rds of it back, and was depressed, but not beaten.

I read a book on sugar and its effects. Then four other books on sugar, but i could not get off of it. Then i learned about wheat and that changed everything.

I have noticed a huge difference. Edema disappears, mood is better, cravings that i blamed myself for years are gone.

It's early days but i am excited.

I forgot to say that at this point i am doing a lot of walking. and my first goal is one week which will become a goal of one month after that.
    Last edited by Rainrunner; 02-18-2013, 09:57 AM.

Do you go running in the rain?

Comment

Anyone who lives in Western Washington and Western Oregon doesn't let rain slow them down!

You can do this!
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I live on the Oregon coast, if i only went out when it wasnt raining i would be a hermit. I walk a lot in the rain.

Comment

Where do you live on the coast? I am quite familiar with the Oregon Coast and am currently living on the Washington coast after living on the Oregon Coast for a few years.

Comment

I live near Astoria

Comment

We moved up from Gearhart and regularly travel to Seaside to visit friends.

Welcome!

Comment

Hello! I too am a native Oregonian, but living a long way away right now, in NSW Australia. Congrats on figuring it out - sugar and wheat really are troublesome and lead to binging. Those two items sing such a siren song. Sounds like you are off to a great start!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

then you know all about rain, thanks for the support, it's appreciated

Comment

Day six

I can't say it hasn't been interesting. I knew I was losing water so I weighed tonight and I am down ten pounds from last Thursday. No cravings other than habitual ones. Those I can deal with. My emotions have been a bit all over the place. I can move much better. No more restless legs.
                      I am trying to fill time with walking and my violin, keep busy, keep looking forward,
                      Last edited by Rainrunner; 02-20-2013, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X