No announcement yet.

Harpua's Journal- from fat and lazy to Super Dad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks and w/ 4th of July and this achilles issue I was expecting at least a moderate weight gain. Nope, 264 this morning. That's actually about 4 lbs down in 2 weeks. Pretty good considering I haven't exercised at all and I went to a handful of BBQ's this past weekend.

I'm still a little gimpy with this achilles issue. I've set up an appointment for Monday w/ my Dr. I mowed the lawn last night and by the time I was done I had a nice limp going again. Then this morning it was pretty bad going up and down the stairs getting ready for work.
    M/35/5'10"
    SW: 325lbs
    Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

I have to get back to writing this thing consistently. Achilles is good, health is good, diet is good. Went to Don Pablo's today for lunch and splurged a little bit, though. Other than that, it's all good.

It's been hot as balls here this past week. I've been putting off mowing the lawn but I'm going to do it today after work. I have a birthday party to go to on Saturday but I'm going to try and sneak in a hike before the storms blow in on Sunday.
      M/35/5'10"

Comment

Good weekend. I got some chores around the house done, so I feel good about that. I ate some of my nephew's birthday cake on Saturday and had some ice cream on Sunday. Other than that I ate well. Peaches are in season around here and since they are my favorite fruit I've been eating the shit out of them. Probably pushing my carbs past where I would like, but they'll be gone in a few weeks so I don't feel guilty about it. Think I'm going to start tracking my food again.

Monday,7-29
        B:2 small peaches, 2 hard boiled eggs w/ hot sauce poured on them

L: BAS w/ imitation crab meat red wine vinegar and olive oil

D: chicken parm: chicken breast, homemade tomato sauce, zucchini noodles, provolone and Parmesan cheese

Throughout the day I had about 4-5 cups black coffee and 2 glasses of Wegman's naturally brewed green tea.
        M/35/5'10"

Comment

Tues, 7-30
          B: 2 peaches 2 hard boiled eggs, 24oz coffee

L: went to WaWa and got their cup of pepperoni and jack cheese and their container of cubed mango, 24oz coffee

D: cheeseburger(80/20 ground+egg+diced poblano,beet,carrot,onion,sun dried tomato,garlic+spices+meunster cheese) mashed cauliflower(roasted w/ some carrot and onion some coconut oil and blended with 2TB butter) half avocado, green tea

No real exercise to speak of. I got home from work kind of late. By the time I finished w/ dinner I only had a little time to play with the baby before putting her to bed. In the process of rocking her to sleep, I dosed off and any chance of exercising went night-night as well.
          M/35/5'10"

Comment

I had some eggs, cheese and some fruit for breakfast/lunch yesterday. I thought I had thawed out a couple of chicken breasts for dinner but they were still frozen when I got home. I decided instead to eat about 20 buffalo wings from the local pizza place. Oh well. They flour their wings and I have no idea what kind of oil they cook them in. They were really good though.

It's funny, I read from people on here all of the time about how they don't like the stuff they used to eat or how they don't miss it. I still love all of the bad shit. It still tastes awesome to me. I've been at this pretty good since February with only an occasional slip up but the cravings have never gone away. I don't know if people just like to tell themselves they don't miss it, they truly believe their own bullshit, or it's not bullshit and I'm just different. I avoid my old habits by not keeping junk in the house and willpower when I'm out. It's not any easier today then it was 7 months ago when I started. I feel better than I have in years though and I'm really starting to look better as well. That's really what this is all about. It would be great though if I could go to a party and not stare at the bowls of chips and pasta salads the entire time. Well, at least until the table is cleared and the desserts come out. Then I stare at them until it's time to go home or I cave. Sometimes I feel like a crackhead locked in a room full of crack and trying not to smoke it.
            M/35/5'10"

Comment

I don't know, I'm one of those people that really has lost interest in some of the foods that I used to love that now I know are bad for me.

When I see a tray of cookies or other treats that I used to overeat, I just think "Poison." Maybe I've been doing it long enough (a year now) that I've come to believe that it's true. I've fallen off the wagon, once or twice, and put back weight this past winter, but that was mostly alcohol (which has been way harder for me personally to cut back on).

I do try to avoid being in situations where food is the main event, dinner parties and such. It's not possible to avoid every situation like that, but I avoid them when I can. When I go to them I make little games of trying to find the best choice out of all the bad ones.

But the other day I was with my son and he wanted pizza, I had a salad but finished up a couple of small pieces he left, and it really didn't taste as good as I remembered. I was surprised because it used to be my favorite food.

It takes time, and maybe the cravings never fully go away and some people are just wishful thinking. But I have found that my tastes are changing, if slowly.

Best of luck!!
              Height: 5' 10"
              Starting Weight: 292
              Starting Primal Weight: 275
              Current weight: 224
              Goal weight: 172
              Body Fat 30.5

Comment

Thanks for the reply Dcarr

I just had pizza on Sunday. It wasn't very good pizza but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. Oddly enough, alcohol consumption has been my easiest vice to curb. I used to drink 5-7 days a week at least a few beers. On the weekends I would drink as much as I could. I'm down to not even drinking every weekend. Friday, I had a glass and a half of red wine. I think I had 1 beer the previous Friday.

I guess I over-exaggerated my issues on my last post. It has definitely gotten easier to not eat the junk. I still love it but I have a better understanding of what it does to me. I think I was just in a whiny kind of mood and maybe feeling a little sorry for myself. "woe is me! I can't eat pasta and chips and lose weight!" I was just being a bitch. I'm over it now.
                Last edited by Harpua; 08-06-2013, 08:47 AM.
                M/35/5'10"

Comment

Don't sweat it, everybody goes through it, sometimes over and over. The one thing to remember is that you don't have to be perfect, just good. The old 80/20. Mark just wrote a blog post about it.

Words to remember, as I'm meeting a bunch of friends tonight!
                  Height: 5' 10"
                  Starting Weight: 292
                  Starting Primal Weight: 275
                  Current weight: 224
                  Goal weight: 172
                  Body Fat 30.5

Comment

Oi Harpua... what gives with the no tracking?!??!

Heehee.

Comment

Working...
                    X