Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harpua's Journal- from fat and lazy to Super Dad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    276 this morning! I really wanted to hit that 50 lb mark today. 275 has been my nemesis for a long time time now and I'm ready to see it in the rearview.

    Dinner last night:
    roast chicken w/ cauli, broc and carrots, Also sauteed spinach and beet greens.

    shake for breakfast this morning w/ a cup of coffee
    Last edited by Harpua; 05-10-2013, 09:11 AM.
    M/35/5'10"
    SW: 325lbs
    Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

    Comment


    • #47
      A bit of a rough weekend. Went to a baseball game Saturday night and a mothers day bbq yesterday. Definitely didn't eat as bad as I could have but, some french fries, beer,chicken fingers and carrot cake slipped through my defense shield. I freaking love carrot cake and have managed to avoid it for months. Yesterday it was on my mom's counter all day calling me and after a few hours i caved..

      Back at it today. Just a protein shake so far. I'm about to heat up some chicken and veggies for lunch.

      On the exercise front:
      I bought a hiking baby carrier this weekend (REI Piggyback). I took the baby for a trial walk around the neighborhood and she loved it! We will be doing our first hike this Saturday. We're going to head out to Wharton State forest and hit 1 or 2 of the trails around Batsto village. Should be a good test to see how we both handle it. There are a couple different sized loops so we'll see how we are doing and can vary the length of the trip accordingly.
      M/35/5'10"
      SW: 325lbs
      Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs


      Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

      Comment


      • #48
        Congrats on the 276! I was pretty bad this weekend too, but we can't be perfect all the time. The important thing is to get back on it!
        SW: 257.something
        CW: 248.4

        “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
        ― Winston Churchill

        Comment


        • #49
          Hey Harpua,

          Congrats on your baby girl! I hope she's doing well. i'm no expert, but dont beat yourself up about not exercising, getting the food part right, esp after so many years of less-than-ideal choices is a big change (on top of parenthood, I'm guessing). You'll already be doing good things for your body!

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Harpua View Post
            I bought a hiking baby carrier this weekend (REI Piggyback). I took the baby for a trial walk around the neighborhood and she loved it! We will be doing our first hike this Saturday. We're going to head out to Wharton State forest and hit 1 or 2 of the trails around Batsto village. Should be a good test to see how we both handle it. There are a couple different sized loops so we'll see how we are doing and can vary the length of the trip accordingly.
            My DS loved his carrier. DH was on strike last winter and DS was over 18 months old. But it was cold, so I stuck him in and covered him with a blanket - he fell asleep! I definitely felt it in my legs the next day carrying around that extra 20lbs all day.

            Comment


            • #51
              Thanks, everyone for the comments. It's nice to get feedback on here.

              I'm really excited for my trip this weekend. I used to love hiking in my younger days. It's funny how you can just stop doing something that you like for years and not even realize it. I have been looking up NJ an PA trail maps all week and planning in my head all the adventures we're going to have.

              I ate well yesterday. For dinner, i basically cleaned out my fridge of everything that was about to go bad and made a stir fry. Chicken, green beans, half a head of cauliflower, half a tomato, part of a red onion and part of a vidalia onion. I also had a borderline avocado that i sliced and threw on top. I made it really spicy w/ some red curry, chili powder, black pepper,jalapeno and garlic. I added about a tb of Polaner All Fruit apricot to give it a touch of sweetness. It was really good for a meal that i made up as I went.

              I got a nice workout yesterday trying to get my grass trimmer to start. About 100 pulls each arm and then some shoulder work as I pressed it over my head and threw it across the yard several times. Guess I'll be going to Lowes for a new one since it definately isn't going to start now. Oops.
              M/35/5'10"
              SW: 325lbs
              Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs


              Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

              Comment


              • #52
                Wow, it's all or nothing with you huh? Doing great man, keep up the Groking!!

                Originally posted by Harpua View Post
                So, i should get snipped before i go???
                BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

                My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

                Comment


                • #53
                  Hey grokerella, can you tolerate eggs? If so and you don't mind making your own mayo, you could make some killer egg or tuna fish salad as a quick lunch or snack. My 2 cents!

                  Originally posted by grokerella View Post
                  I've been skipping a lot of meals too - sometimes because I'm not hungry and then other times just poor planning. The times with poor planning have been pretty bad lol I can feel myself dragging and by the time I get off work I'm ravenous! Had a few close calls just because I'm so hungry I'm not thinking about it. Definitely need to plan breakfasts and lunches ahead of time.
                  BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

                  My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Man that cracked me up! What do you call that routine? The Hulk out?!

                    Originally posted by Harpua View Post
                    Thanks, everyone for the comments. It's nice to get feedback on here.

                    I'm really excited for my trip this weekend. I used to love hiking in my younger days. It's funny how you can just stop doing something that you like for years and not even realize it. I have been looking up NJ an PA trail maps all week and planning in my head all the adventures we're going to have.

                    I ate well yesterday. For dinner, i basically cleaned out my fridge of everything that was about to go bad and made a stir fry. Chicken, green beans, half a head of cauliflower, half a tomato, part of a red onion and part of a vidalia onion. I also had a borderline avocado that i sliced and threw on top. I made it really spicy w/ some red curry, chili powder, black pepper,jalapeno and garlic. I added about a tb of Polaner All Fruit apricot to give it a touch of sweetness. It was really good for a meal that i made up as I went.

                    I got a nice workout yesterday trying to get my grass trimmer to start. About 100 pulls each arm and then some shoulder work as I pressed it over my head and threw it across the yard several times. Guess I'll be going to Lowes for a new one since it definately isn't going to start now. Oops.
                    BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

                    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I like The Hulk Out! It's better than the idiot workout, which my wife is going to call it.
                      M/35/5'10"
                      SW: 325lbs
                      Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs


                      Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Yesterday
                        Breakfast: 3 eggs and 4 slices of bacon

                        Lunch: BAS w/ 2 hard boiled eggs and that imitation crab meat shit

                        Dinner: steak, half of sweet potato and creamed spinach

                        No real exercise to speak of, the day just kind of got away from me.
                        M/35/5'10"
                        SW: 325lbs
                        Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs


                        Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Yes, you may get the icy glare of "Come on! Really!", but you did get a new tool out the deal and created a new workout routine that will sweep through the forums like wildfire!

                          Originally posted by Harpua View Post
                          I like The Hulk Out! It's better than the idiot workout, which my wife is going to call it.
                          BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

                          My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            The Hulk out might start sweeping the nation! It's expensive and you get very little results! Infomercial fame here I come!
                            M/35/5'10"
                            SW: 325lbs
                            Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs


                            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Good day yesterday. I ate well and after work I took the baby for a good 3 mile walk. Bonus: a vender took me out to lunch at Bertucci's and i got a salad instead of pizza and pasta. I also didn't touch the bread and fantastic looking pesto dip.

                              Breakfast: protein shake and 2 hard boiled eggs

                              Lunch: Bertucci's Mediterranean salad w/chicken w/out croutons + cup sausage soup

                              Dinner: pan fried salmon, broccoli carrots half sweet potato
                              M/35/5'10"
                              SW: 325lbs
                              Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs


                              Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                273.8! Finally cracked the 50lb barrier!

                                The last few years this has always been my stumbing block. I would get close and have a bad weekend and get totally discouraged. As a reward, I made myself a couple extra strips of bacon for breakfast and went in to work late so I could take the baby for a morning walk. I'm feeling great today! I think i'll start another thread congratulating myself.

                                No time to rest though, I still have a long way to my goal. It is fantastic though how much easier tying my shoes and bending over to pick something off the floor has become. My birthday is a little over a month away. I think I'm going to kick it into high gear just until then and try to get to 250 by my birthday. I've been doing the slow and steady approach until now,WHICH IS DEFINITELY THE REASON FOR MY SUCCESS. But, as just a short term goal this will give me the push i need to not get complacent. Sometimes, all of the complements can go to your head and start working against you.

                                51 lbs down Bitches!
                                M/35/5'10"
                                SW: 325lbs
                                Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs


                                Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X