No announcement yet.

It's not about the bacon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! It is a bit of a challenge, balancing the macros--carb/fat/protein. I worry that I'm getting too much protein and not enough fat, but...
    My primal journal: My journey, goals, recipes, random thoughts on primal and SAD.

It's all about the journey. How we get there is at least as important as where we end up.

Comment

Breakfast: 2 eggs, bacon. Really not in a veggie mood, although I suppose that ought to change.

Lunch: World's Best Chicken....and asparagus leftovers. Funny, I can't bring myself to eat salads any more. Perhaps because I got sick (with a migraine) shortly after eating one. I'm letting that be, for now.

Dinner tonight is going to be something with beef--have some that needs cooking. Need to find something tasty in the spice-blend world, though.
      My primal journal: My journey, goals, recipes, random thoughts on primal and SAD.

It's all about the journey. How we get there is at least as important as where we end up.

Comment

Ugh. Time to do something different

You know, what I can't figure out is how I managed to lose 50 pounds several years ago by staying off grains and sugar, without even knowing about MDA or paleo/primal in general, and today? Ha.

Have gained back 10 of the 20 lost. HAVEN'T been eating completely primal--still at about 80% and it's that last 20% that makes a difference, I guess. My kitchen, by the way, is about 99% primal, so it's the eating out that is doing it. Today I'm going to hundred-percent my kitchen. I also got a magic bullet to make it easier to do green smoothies when I don't have time to actually cook a meal--that should help. Next week when I have a little money I'm going to buy some Primal Fuel--between that and the extra greens, that will help.

And November 1 (mark it on the calendar) I'm going to post a picture of me in all my horrible glory and do so every month until I break the back of this eating habit.

Comment

Oh, one thing I want to mention in order to "save" it here...two weeks ago (October 11) I marked the first anniversary (since October 11, 2013) of my giving up soda completely.

I knew I couldn't "afford" the sugary beverage--not with blood sugar being borderline, etc. So I'd been drinking diet Coke. Labor Day weekend last year I had a migraine. Then I had another one October 11. Throwing up isn't fun, btw. The first thing I could think of was that I'd developed a sensitivity to artificial sweeteners, so I quit. Haven't had a migraine since. I have had Coke cravings, but against a migraine? Yeah, I've survived the cravings.

I think I should give myself credit for getting that out of my life (and body)!

Comment

I think I should give myself credit for getting that out of my life (and body)!
            Absolutely! Since you had already given up the sugar, you might be craving caffeine. That will fade.

Welcome back. I'm a firm believer that success isn't always a straight line. It's the person with perseverance that prevails most often.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I'm mad at myself, disgusted with myself, etc etc etc.

Went to the doctor today. Got prescriptions for three new meds, including stronger meds for blood pressure, stronger meds for blood sugar, and cholesterol????? Never in my life have I needed cholesterol meds, but now she (my doctor) says with diabetes and high blood pressure, the AHA or whomever recommends them, even if my cholesterol is normal.

I know part of my struggle is having no one but myself to be accountable to, but that ends today. I will find the time to write here every day, (I know, famous last words) I will find the time to eat right, I will find the time to exercise....I will find the time to heal myself.

Comment

And of course I forgot the bacon....

Dinner is cooking: carnitas (yummmmmm) and a mélange of cooked veggies in butter (Kerrygold): onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, and kale. It'll be done in about 10 minutes.

Tomorrow--brrrr. Going to be a cold one, here--well, cold enough, anyway. Thinking eggs for b'fast instead of a green drink. Leftovers for lunch, and I think I'll put beef stew on to cook in the crockpot in the morning for dinner. Chili is the other option (love the MDA recipe) but not really feeling it right now. Maybe later this week. 15,488 steps so far today, but I think I need to cut that in half--I SUPPOSE it's possible, but....thinking I should aim for 20,000 steps a day, plus the kettle bells. That's my exercise for now.

Re-reading my signature block: it's funny--I truly believe that: that how we arrive is at least as important as where we end up. But I haven't been living it. I'm getting old...or at least older (nearly 50 now). It's time to start living the way I want. I don't even have the excuse of someone else in the house to keep me from living that way.

Instead, my weight is too high, my blood pressure is too high, and my blood sugar is too high. So I'm changing.

Comment

Okay, so I did okay most of the day--followed the above to a tee...dinner is makeshift--I forgot to start up the crockpot this morning, so I'm cooking the "stew" tonight, minus a handful of beef, some mushrooms and some greens, which became dinner.

Comment

It's never too late to implement good habits. The final straw is sometimes the best motivator.
                    Jump back onto the PB routine and you can turn this around. Getting the blood sugar in control will cascade all the other markers in a positive way.

My best on your journey.
                    “Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good”. - Popular translation of Voltaire

If you are honest with your lacks, BE honest with your abundance, as well.

"....the route finding part, and dead reckoning - figure out where I need to be and how to get there, then stay on target as I move over the land and through the forest."
                    - Originally Posted by Meant2Move

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Breakfast went well (eggs, veggies including fresh greens). Lunch and dinner, not so well. I think tomorrow I'll try to get up earlier instead of sleeping to the last minute. That'll give me more time to fix food, etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X