N=Val. Experiments in healing...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
    Again, chips are horrible and they are my biggest struggle right now. Any ideas on replacements there greatly greatly appreciated.
    Well, it's not really replacement, but are you sure you get enough good fat with your meals ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Myrtille View Post
      Well, it's not really replacement, but are you sure you get enough good fat with your meals ?
      The higher fat I eat, the better I do with not binge eating and I am able to keep my carb consumption to a minimum.
      Georgette

Comment

• Some replacements for chips would be homemade kale chips, brussel sprouts chopped up and roasted with olive or coconut oil, or flaxseed crackers, you could make these homemade if you have a food dehydrator or buy Flackers or Whole Foods.

Comment

• Ooh, or those Seaweed snacks like you can get at TJs, if they don't have bad oil.

Goal: Feel good, be active!

Comment

• I have tried all of those and they are good. Well except the seaweed...I just can't get that excited about the seaweed . I was about to say that they just don't do the trick and then realized I was being weak and whiny about this. I have always struggled with the fats. I don't avoid it certainly but especially since I have been off the wagon I have not been as picky about them. Maybe I do need to add more. What are some ways y'all get good fats in daily? I feel like I should know this but I think I need a refresher...
            You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
            height 5'3
            SW 215 lbs
            CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
            LW 172 lbs
            GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Fat ideas... I cook with healthy fats (coconut oil, Kerrygold grassfed butter, and ghee are cheap at TJs). I generally eat a few eggs a day. You can get good fat from the meat you eat, but it's better if the fattier meats are organic/grassfed/etc. I eat cheese pretty much every day, but I think I should cut down on that. Olives, avocado (can get 4 for less than a dollar each at TJs), guacamole, and coconut. I like to make homemade mayo for salad dressing and sauce options.

Comment

• Thanks seagreen. I agree cheese is tricky. But all good ideas. I have not done homemade mayo. Good idea for dressing.

So I just found out the guy I had been seeing is married. His poor wife called me this morning. I had pretty much decided something weird was going on and wasnt talking to him anymore but it was a bit of a kick in the ass. I am grateful I never had sex with him. Thats it for me. I have been single most of my life and can remain that way. Sigh....

Happy Monday!

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Age 48
                height 5'3
                SW 215 lbs
                LW 172 lbs
                GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Ahh, that's crazy! I'm sorry that happened to you

Comment

• Thanks. I really feel for his wife. My goal is just not to become a bitter old woman

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Age 48
                    height 5'3
                    SW 215 lbs
                    LW 172 lbs
                    GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• I had all the twitches and spasms last night and no clue why. I did 20 minutes of HIIT yesterday, ate well and overall had a good day, wives of ex boyfriends notwithstanding . The only thing I can think is I ate less carbs than normal. Does anyone else have this experience? And of course today I am tired. Yesterday I felt physically great.

Yesterday's food

small grassfed cheeseburger
                      green salad w/ sliced roast beef, boiled egg white and cheese
                      pork chop and brussel sprouts
                      TJ's olive oil potato chips.

Today so far:
                      frittata with cheese and bacon (about 1 egg and 1/2 piece bacon)
                      Green salad with sliced roast beef, cheese, boiled egg white

Planned:
                      roast beef w/ brussel sprouts maybe some white rice
                      and probably chips -

Have taken the stairs as much as possible but not as much movement as normal. Today I am at the EBD school not w/ my little people who keep me moving.

Age 48
                      height 5'3
                      SW 215 lbs
                      LW 172 lbs
                      GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Hmm, maybe low carbs, or possibly an electrolyte imbalance of some sort from sweating during workout?

Comment

• Sorry about the relationship crap. I feel bad for her as well. What a crummy thing for him to do.

I hope you're doing well with the diet struggles. Don't worry, it'll come into alignment eventually. Just keep trying.
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Look at it this way. Stay single the rest of your life and you'll be either the cat or the dog lady. Either way, you'll have all the unconditional love you will ever need. I have a sister who is the car lady. She'll be 55 in December, never married and has been engaged for 7.5 years as of the 24th of this month.
                            Georgette

Comment

• [QUOTE=Seaglassgreen;1314246]Hmm, maybe low carbs, or possibly an electrolyte imbalance of some sort from sweating during workout?[/QUOTE

I'm guessing low carbs. THough it has certainly happened on very high carb days too..hmmm...interesting now that I think about..maybe it is a carb imbalance of some sort?

Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                              Sorry about the relationship crap. I feel bad for her as well. What a crummy thing for him to do.

I hope you're doing well with the diet struggles. Don't worry, it'll come into alignment eventually. Just keep trying.
                              Thanks Jenn. The food has been better. Still struggling w/ potatoes and too many carbs but working at it. I have been wearing a pedometer as part of the Wellness Club at work. I seem to average around 6000 or so steps a day without exercise. So trying to build that up. Because I am in the car so much I bought a 5 lb hand weight and use that while driving. Not perfect but it at least keeps me from feeling like I am not accomplishing anything. It will come together!

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                              Look at it this way. Stay single the rest of your life and you'll be either the cat or the dog lady. Either way, you'll have all the unconditional love you will ever need. I have a sister who is the car lady. She'll be 55 in December, never married and has been engaged for 7.5 years as of the 24th of this month.
                              LOL...I like that idea. That's funny about your sister. Do you think they will ever actually get married? I was married for a few minutes a lifetime ago but haven't really even had long term relationships since then. Obviously it is just not my thing I would like a dog but working two jobs right now it is probably not the best idea. One day..when I get my land I will have a dog and chickens and horses and cows and ducks and pigs and whatever else I can think of

Age 48
                              height 5'3
                              SW 215 lbs
                              LW 172 lbs
                              GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Not a good weekend health wise. Went to Tallahassee. Took my sister to a steak house for her bday--ordered sweet potato fries and they had cinnamon sugar sprinkled on them..WTF?????? And had a Margarita. I think next time I will just get beer. I miss beer and they both make me feel the same way. Had a glass of milk. Woke up with a headache..can't imagine why...

Today took my son to Village Inn and I guess feeling masochist (my family can do that to me) I had chicken tenders. We will see what that does to me. I am back home now. The weather is nasty so I went to the gym in my apartment complex and did the ellipitical/tread mill. Having bacon and a small potato oven fried in coconut oil. Prob don't need anything but I am not good at that. I have this horrible need to eat at night regardless of hunger, need, etc. Still a work in progress

Feeling melancholy..It is very much a fall day here...and next week the time changes....blech!!!!

Age 48
                                height 5'3
                                SW 215 lbs
                                LW 172 lbs
                                GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Working...
                                X