No announcement yet.

Overcoming BED and EDNOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No restriction as I work toward healing.

Small dish of chopped hard boiled eggs and grilled chicken. Giant salad of romaine and mixed greens, grilled chicken, chopped red pepper. Huge bowl of broccoli slaw and cabbage salad with Asian dressing. 7 roast chicken thighs.
    Last edited by TinaJefferson; 01-02-2014, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Hang in there TinaJefferson....I'm also working towards recovering from binge eating....

I stumbled upon your blog & realized we have the same kinda cravings.....for me it's all about sweets sweets n more sweets....and I would binge in secret by myself continuously for 2 hours.... Just on New Year eve, I binge on all the fast food I can get my hands on (KFC, Burgerking, Long John Silver, McDonald, Carls Junior, you name it!) and ice cream till I wanna puke 😰. I just couldn't control myself.....

Let this new year be a good recovery year for us....slowly but surely....I know it's hard, coz I just binged on sweets last night at 11pm again after a good day of eating....but we will get there!

Cheers 😊

Comment

• I've found the key for me to stay on plan is to not drink at all.

Comment

• Found this in my drafts:

Hi Tina. I've never had an eating disorder, but I've known a couple people with them (BED/EDNOS). And we've all had our MOAR FOOD moments. I can't imagine how hard it must be feeling like that 24/7, so anyone dealing with it in a good way has my respect.

I wanted to wish you the best of luck and maybe some super special magic in overcoming your troubles. In my (admittedly slightly drunken) recovery from the night shifts, I was curious as to are you intentionally avoiding red meat, or did I just miss any meals? (I know it's bloody expensive, and hormones freak me out.)

((Good idea with the not drinking! Bluh...))

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
            In my (admittedly slightly drunken) recovery from the night shifts, I was curious as to are you intentionally avoiding red meat, or did I just miss any meals? (I know it's bloody expensive, and hormones freak me out.)
            Not intentionally. I often default to easy lunches from work, and that just leaves grilled chicken. I should make an effort to to mix it up, but I just love dark meat roast chicken.

Comment

• 2 hard boiled eggs, giant romaine salad with peppers and chicken, slices of roast pork, large container of shredded dark meat chicken, roasted broccolini, roasted asparagus, roasted cauliflower, 1 cup full fat yogurt.

Comment

• Dark meat roast chicken IS pretty good. Mmm that meal sounds delicious.

Comment

• 2 hard boiled eggs, pack of tuna in olive oil, 1 serving full fat yogurt, 1 gingerade kombucha.

I'm going to a fancy dinner tonight where I won't have control over the menu. From what I've heard, the tasting menu is heavy on pork and beef. So hooray! The plan for sanity is no booze, no bread, no dessert. I'll update this tomorrow.

Whew, so much food. An oyster, hamachi, coddled egg, roast duck, stuffed lobster, giant steak, ice cream.

Could have been worse. I stuck to NO bread and NO booze though, so hooray!
                  Last edited by TinaJefferson; 01-05-2014, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• scrambled eggs with green peppers and onions and tomato, bacon, greek yogurt, beef jerky, more eggs and bacon, some eggplant, roast chicken thighs.

I'm fuuuullll.

Comment

• 1/6/14

1 hard boiled egg, chicken thighs with roasted fennel, cabbage with tomato sauce and capers. The exact same thing for dinner, with some extra cabbage. 1 sausage.

Comment

• 2 hb eggs, bag of haricots vert with mustard. 2 sausages with cabbage and tomato sauce, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 can tuna in olive oil, 2 sausages, 2 bags haricots verts, 4 eggs scrambled in butter.

A week without booze.

HOORAY

Comment

• 2 hard boiled eggs, giant salad with romaine and chicken, bag of beef jerky, 2 chicken leg quarters, 1 head of cauliflower roasted, a couple pieces off a pot roast, 2 servings of greek yogurt

Comment

• pot roast and green beans, 3 servings salmon, 2 cheese sticks, large container of greek yogurt , 1 serving pot roast, roast chicken breast, baby carrots, dip, large bag roasted green beans

Comment

• chicken thighs, roasted mushrooms and broccoli, 1 serving cheese, 4 pieces bacon, large cabbage and broccoli slaw salad with asian dressing, a few bites of chicken thighs, dish of kale and bacon, bag of haricots verts with mustard.

Still no booze. HOORAY! This is some sort of record for me. I've gained some weight as I allow myself to 'free-eat', but really feel a lot better about myself because I haven't had a drink. My face isn't as puffy and my skin is clearing up.
                              Last edited by TinaJefferson; 01-13-2014, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Little successes are still successes. Good for you. Luckily I find that even if I over eat on primal foods, it's not as bad as SAD foods.

Comment

Working...
                                X