No announcement yet.

No Sugar February

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 5; made through day 4 without eating sweets or drinking any soda.

Comment

Day 6; made through day 5 without eating sweets or drinking any soda.

Comment

Day 7; made through day 6 without eating sweets or drinking any soda.

Comment

Day 8; made through day 7 without eating sweets or drinking any soda.

Comment

Tee- just read through this journal. You are awesome! Great job! I'd like to start a similar challenge, because I know that sugar has quite a hold on me. Any tips you'd offer to a newbie? Did sheer willpower help you the most?

I've cut down on processed foods and sugar significantly since looking into/learning about Paleo, but still find myself craving sugar like mad from time to time (usually once a week- I can eat "clean" for quite a while, but then the cravings hit!). That's why I think a challenge like this where I completely abstain would be useful/helpful!

Thanks in advance Congrats again!

Comment

Thank you Chicagorunner, what has really helped me is starting this journal. It has kept me focused on what I need to do. After a week or so it hasn't been that hard to do. One other thing that has help is giving up alcohol for Lent. That has keep me away from late night sweet eating or desert after dinner.

To be honest with you the first few days were difficult, but once I broke the habit of eating sugar it has been easier than I thought it would be to give up sugar.

Stay with good food and tell your self your going to do it. I drink water, coffee and tea instead of pop and juice and eat an occasional apple, banana, or berries.

Chicagorunner, as someone who has been a sugar eater for years I know if you put your mind to it you can do it too.

Who's stronger, me or that donut.

Good luck.

Stay strong.
              Last edited by Tee; 03-09-2013, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Day 9; made through day 8 without eating sweets or drinking any soda.

Comment

Thanks, Tee! I am certainly contemplating starting a journal...something to keep me accountable. Up to this point, I haven't been able to cut down completely on all added sugar sources, so maybe that will be the push I need. And I think you are absolutely right...a big part of this is breaking habits I've developed!

Thanks for being an inspiration and adding your guidance

Comment

Day 10; made through day 9 without eating sweets or drinking any soda.

Comment

Day 11; made through day 10 without eating sweets or drinking any soda.

Comment

Day 12; made through day 11 without eating sweets or drinking any soda.

Comment

Day 13; made through day 12 without eating sweets or drinking any soda.

Comment

Day 14; made through day 13 without eating sweets or drinking any soda.

Comment

Day 15; made through day 14 without eating sweets or drinking any soda.

Comment

Day 16; made through day 15 without eating sweets or drinking any soda.

Comment

Working...
                                X