Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting restarted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Haven't been on here in a bit. Went back to my herbalife shakes for now. Can't think of any paleo options to take to work with me. I work on the road and have to eat as I go.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    Comment


    • #17
      Welcome back! How are you doing taming the sugar monster?

      When I need to take lunch on the road I pack a small cooler with some of the following: salad, hard boiled eggs, chicken leg, roast beef slices, vegetable sticks (carrots, celery, radishes, etc.) with guacamole as a dip, kale chips, fruit, nuts/seeds. A thermos of bone broth is also nice. Since these are staples in my kitchen, fixing a lunch to go takes only a few minutes.

      Comment


      • #18
        leftovers! Ive got into the hang of cooking extra dinner and packing it up as I serve dinner so noone snaffles it. Best lunches at work

        Comment


        • #19
          I think your binges are related to not eating enough. Your intake seems low to me.

          I also think that you need to give your body more time to settle in before adding in IFing. Give yourself a chance to acclimate to PB, at least a few weeks, then try adding in occasional IF.

          This approach may help to ward off those binges!

          Comment


          • #20
            My problem with packing a lunch is that I am a mailman, so I am always moving. I don't have time to sit and eat anything that would require utensils and my hands are dirty as hell.

            I want to be able to eat a large breakfast and dinner with nothing in between, but I am not quite there yet.
            SW 220.5 1/18/2013

            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

            Comment


            • #21
              Skinnybacon, I used to make toothpick meals. Cubed meat and cheese and grapes and such in a container, then eaten with a toothpick or by just lifting the container directly to my mouth and dumping some in.
              Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

              If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

              Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                Skinnybacon, I used to make toothpick meals. Cubed meat and cheese and grapes and such in a container, then eaten with a toothpick or by just lifting the container directly to my mouth and dumping some in.
                I think that is a good thing for me to try. Thank you.
                SW 220.5 1/18/2013

                Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                Comment


                • #23
                  I suppose I have it easy as everybody in my household is primal (just my wife and I) so there is no SAD food in the house at all. Good luck and keep it up! You will thank yourself down the road.
                  The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The good news is that my wife is finally on board, the bad news is that I keep sabotaging myself every few days. And when I do I go hard. Grumble grumble. Must. Have. Will. Power.
                    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

                    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      You are a walking mailman? You might crave sugar and density because your body needs more fuel. If I had a serious walking job, I'd be shooting for the 3000 to 4000 calorie range for maintenance.
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                        You are a walking mailman? You might crave sugar and density because your body needs more fuel. If I had a serious walking job, I'd be shooting for the 3000 to 4000 calorie range for maintenance.
                        No. I'm not a mailman anymore. I have an office job now so I don't get nearly as much walking in. I get about a 2 mile walk in every other day on my lunch hour.
                        SW 220.5 1/18/2013

                        Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Gained a pound yesterday despite watching my calories and eating less than 50 carbs. Very frustrating.
                          SW 220.5 1/18/2013

                          Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            No, you didn't gain a pound. That's water. And poop. Don't be silly. Even bodybuilders on steroids can barely gain a pound a week. I can lose ten pounds in a day just by pooping and peeing and skipping a meal. It means nothing.

                            You need to eat at a very mild caloric deficit, the most nutrient-dense and satisfying foods you can find and afford. Around a pound of meat a day for most people, then somewhere between 3 to 8 eggs depending on egg quality, energy demands, etc, and then some starchy plant matter for a separate meal later. Add berries, greens, other plants as available.

                            Carbs are your friend, just eat the right ones. A bowl of sweet potatoes mashed with blueberries does NOT equal a gallon of mountain dew and ramen noodles. Look at what lean bodybuilders eat. It's not bowls of fat. It's steak and potatoes, basically. 100g or even 200g of carbs is great, within caloric context.

                            Expect your weight to wobble a lot day to day.

                            I've weighed +/-190 since february, but have dropped flab and added muscle. Toss the scale and use the mirror.
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                              No, you didn't gain a pound. That's water. And poop. Don't be silly. Even bodybuilders on steroids can barely gain a pound a week. I can lose ten pounds in a day just by pooping and peeing and skipping a meal. It means nothing.

                              You need to eat at a very mild caloric deficit, the most nutrient-dense and satisfying foods you can find and afford. Around a pound of meat a day for most people, then somewhere between 3 to 8 eggs depending on egg quality, energy demands, etc, and then some starchy plant matter for a separate meal later. Add berries, greens, other plants as available.

                              Carbs are your friend, just eat the right ones. A bowl of sweet potatoes mashed with blueberries does NOT equal a gallon of mountain dew and ramen noodles. Look at what lean bodybuilders eat. It's not bowls of fat. It's steak and potatoes, basically. 100g or even 200g of carbs is great, within caloric context.

                              Expect your weight to wobble a lot day to day.

                              I've weighed +/-190 since february, but have dropped flab and added muscle. Toss the scale and use the mirror.
                              Thank you. All my carbs yesterday came from veggies, fruits, and nuts. I'm on the scale daily because I'm an accountability partner with someone that is trying to lose over 100 lbs and needs someone to be accountable with.

                              Guess I'll go make a poop.
                              SW 220.5 1/18/2013

                              Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Today is my "not so primal" day. Started the day on point, gonna have some grains and such tonight while watching UFC.
                                SW 220.5 1/18/2013

                                Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X