carnivory experiment journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh i hear ya It bites!
    I need my nightly walk, but been slack this week. Need to go back to lifting heavy stuff soon. My push ups and dips around the house probably aren't enough lol

Comment

Hope your kids stop fighting soon hey, although I spose they never do lol

Comment

i love my weight training. lifting heavy is such a nebulous term. if i lived closer to town, i would definitely gym it way way more. i have worked out tho it is cheaper for me to go to town once during the week and see the personal trainer at my gym than to go twice a week on my own. cost of gas being what it is. since i have been training with him, i have made huge strength gains. just stuff i would never have tried to do or thought i could do as it was beyond my scope of faith in myself. i have defined up heaps but not got big. my upper body strength has improved heaps so i can climb 9m rockwalls with the kids and also make it around the cliffs when we get caught by the tide when we go diving and down and up the nasty bush gullies when we are out hunting. and that is on one hour a week at the gym. plus all my walking. during term time, i do a minimum of 6k a day. usually takes about 50 mins. i also will bail at the start of my pay week and go on one of the major blocks around here which is always up and down some nasty hills and takes about 3 hrs. i do get bored with things like push ups and dips around the house which is also why i go see the trainer. good example, he is on holiday this week. i went on my own. the brain so is the weakest muscle as i am thinking, i can just do 10 instead of 15 reps here lol or maybe i should stick at the lighter weight on all sets. but coz i know a) i can do it and b) he will be back next week and ask me so i wont lie. i do it.

Comment

Hope your kids stop fighting soon hey, although I spose they never do lol
          it tones down the further away from interference from their dad they get. he had them this last weekend but has been ringing constantly. plus he got my middle dd a cell phone for xmas so he now texts and rings her all the time as i ignore him. another good reason to roll on going back to school!

Comment

Thats great about gaining strength, I want to be strong, not skinny
            I will go back to CrossFit someday though.
            OMG 6 k in 50 mins? Awesome. It takes me that long to do 5 km LOL, and I can't walk any faster.
            How annoying about their dad.

Comment

yeah it is a total pain as i dont know what to do about their dad. i would be quite happy with scrawny. which is strong thin, not big strong. altho at a push, i would still take skinny lol goes to show my disordered body images. crossfit has never appealed to me. i like the slow medative pain with weight lifting and also the thinking time alone i get or the silence alone to not think i get from walking in the wilderness. if i want something quick and violent, i run down a nasty mountainous hill. my 6k in 50 mins is on a dirt road. i stick to the edges for safety and more resistance.

Comment

are you tall? im only 158 cm with short legs lol
                have you lost a lot of weight on primal?

Comment

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                  6k a day. usually takes about 50 mins.
                  woo - seaweed you are a wee bit quicker than me - I am at 6.6km in 60minutes, so I need to move up into 2nd gear LOL
                  look out girl I've got your back !!!!

I haven't done too badly with my calories today, in fact I still have 500C to go, but I am full. I threw some lamb shanks in the crock pot this morning, so have had those tonight, and then put the bones back in for broth. I will leave it on low til tomorrow.
                  So not sure what else I will eat tonight.
                  Anyway happy carnivoring
                  "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Oh and Ayla, Seas is a tiny wee thing !

...small steps....

Comment

i'm 1m66. and no i havent lost weight on primal. i maintained and actual put it on. but that was from eating too much, it wasnt the fault of primal nutrition lol my maths is a bit fuzzy by this time of night with no carbs however. 6.6ks in 60 mins is pretty close to 6ks in 50 mins. i will time myself again next time i get out on my own which is oooh about 9 days away. i do have several hills to go up which are prob 500m and a k long or thereabouts. the 500 m one is relatively steep and the 1k one is not as steep. it is all on dirt which slows you down alot as you have less traction. i can go quicker too. run some of it. but i try not to start in case i have to stop and someone i know just happens to spot me whimping out. i also work on the principle you need to not be in oxygen debt while you are walking so you need to be able to hold a convo. it sorta verges into chronic cardio when you cant.

currently tho i am 2kgs down carnivoring and watching my calories. and that is on much less exercise than normal. i have 3kgs to go before i get back to scrawny.

Comment

Great work so far then Yep got that with the chronic cardio. I walk what seems fast, but could still talk

Comment

I cannot wait to GET to scrawny !!!! LOL Still about 21kgs to go for me !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

haha yeah hear ya G. I have 50 kg to go to "normal" LOL

Comment

well at least you are heading in the right direction. i think i read the avg person gains 300g a year or something like that. maintenance is also a challenge.

Comment

I bet it is, it sounds tricky alright.

Comment

Working...
                                X