Tara Goes Primal en España..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bienvenida de vuelta!
    Y el avocado con huevo frito tiene una pinta... mmm! Rico!
    gracias! se siente bien empezar de nuevo (;
    y los huevos fueron delicioso.. la próxima vez creo que voy a añadir especias! jeje
    newwwwbieeeee...
    any suggestions/corrections/ideas/encouragement you have for me are welcome and appreciated!

Comment

Lunch
      salad of tuna, tomatos, lettuce, onion, and walnuts w/ balsamic dressing and olive oil
      pollo asado (¿rotissary? chicken) with oranges, pine nuts, and delishiousness
      apple
      coffee

more water! (:
      newwwwbieeeee...
      any suggestions/corrections/ideas/encouragement you have for me are welcome and appreciated!

Comment

Hola Tara. I'm glad you're not giving up. It gets easier to stick with as time goes on. Posting your meals does seem to help, I do it alot. I'm also glad you're finding the gym can be fun. I still remember the first time I went, I could hardly walk down the stairs to get out of the building! Have a great day.
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Thanks, Annie!.. I'm definitely feeling it today!! my legs, butt, and lower back are killing me, and every time I go to pick something up (making a squat position) I have to go extra-slow! Hahaha.. it's so funny and I feel so weak, but I'm happy because it means I'm making changes! (:

Dinner last night (with the family):
          Puree naranja (basically a soup made of carrots, potatos, squash, celery, onion, etc.)
          2 baked fish sticks (I took the breading off with my fork)
          Greek yogurt cup with walnuts

Breakfast:
          Fried egg and avocado (someone has to use them up!!)
          Tea

Snack:
          greek yogurt cup with walnuts
          a spoonful or two of another batch of avocado egg salad while I was making it

and now it's almost time for lunch... (;
          Last edited by TaraMae; 03-03-2013, 06:11 AM.
          newwwwbieeeee...

Comment

Lunch!
            Leftover salad (mostly the onions and tomatoes)
            Leftover rotisserie chicken breast (a BIG serving) with orange and a few pine nuts
            (NOTE! I think I ate a chicken lung. Good thing they do not smoke..)
            *making coffee in a bit*

Snack: Walnuts! (just a handful)

WOD: walked around the park with the little girl I give conversational English lessons to.. she "taught me" how to ride her scooter around a bit too! hehe

Dinner:
            Frozen veggies fried in olive oil
            Judías verdes (green beans? they're like the flat kind)
            Fresh strawberries with cheese, walnuts, and honey

Now, I'm craving more.. (I'm dreaming of ice cream, or even banana frozen) but I think it's not because I'm actually hungry.. more likely it's to put off working on my project for my Masters program.. it's giving me a twinge of anxiety because everytime I go to start it, I feel overwhelmed.. like I don't understand completely the assignment or the objective. Hopefully tomorrow's class will help me get some direction and focus...
            Last edited by TaraMae; 03-03-2013, 04:17 PM. Reason: added dinner and worries
            newwwwbieeeee...

Comment

Hope you had a great class.

Your primal food makes me feel hungry! Yum.
              Annie Ups the Ante
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

okay.. haven't been logging as religiously but I've been doing "meh okay".. veered off track for 2 ounces of chocolate wednesday night and last night I stooped so low as to have a tiny biscuit.

This morning I slept in and it felt good. Went downstairs to make lunch and remembered my dream about St. Patrick's Day and someone stealing my clothes and my ex-thing (not exactly a boyfrined) trying to make me miserable and announcing to the world that I suck my thumb and a grand quest for a bottle of honey *(somehow tied into the 'pot of gold at the end of the rainbow' theme).

I was trying to make some sense out of it.. I think the honey bit surfaced because I've been using honey as moisturizer on my face. I'm pretty desperate about my acne it seems like no matter what I do, my poor face will never be clear again. ::sigh:: It´s not terrible, and I still *feel* pretty, but just sad to me and I don´t want it to get worse, because even in highschool I never had a problem with the stuff.

But anyway, my body is making progress! Today I weighed myself (no fear-- I don't worship the numbers, but they help for some sort of measurment) and it told me I'm 59.8Kg! I've finally dipped below the 60Kg mark! (yes, I realize it's morning and .2Kg might not mean I'm totally done with the 60's.. but just let me celebrate, okay? hehe)

Lunch:
                Salad (mixed greens and one purple) with...
                -tuna in oil
                -carrot
                -cherry tomatoes

Snack:
                I'm about to make some coffee...
                I've been going walnut crazy lately so honestly I think I need to chill.
                The peanut butter stares at me from in the pantry, but I don't collapse..
                There are dried cranberries, but pretty certain they use sugar in those products.

Are strawberries and cheese (queso batido.. no sé como es en inglés..) a good snack or too sugary?
                newwwwbieeeee...

Comment

Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                  Hope you had a great class.

Your primal food makes me feel hungry! Yum.
                  hehehe.. I'm glad they look appetizing! I'm going to keep cooking primal and I'll post any beauties on here
                  Class was pretty okay, thanks!
                  newwwwbieeeee...

Comment

joderrr, 1 step forward, 3 steps back.. ::sigh:: I'm sort of blaming my period but honestly that shouldn't always get the better of me..
                    oh well, time for sleep now, no time for guilt!
                    This is life!
                    I'll have a primal-perfect day tomorrow.

..also I might have a sort of friendly meet-up tomorrow night after class! (I'm avoiding the word "date" hehe)
                    Any suggestions for a drink choice¿
                    newwwwbieeeee...

Comment

Okay, so now I'm not a college student but a first-year teacher in the US! Living in Colorado, and I JUST MOVED TO MY OWN LOCKOFF! So, I will be buying the groceries and deciding what to eat and what I will no longer be putting into my body... TIME to go primal again.. it felt so good and I miss being in shape and feeling healthy. I can't be my best and teach my best when I just ignore my health. So here we go, off to a very shaky start *today wasn't paleo AT ALL but I just want to start recording what I eat again...

Day 1
                      Coffee
                      Avocado
                      Italian dressing
                      Rice Krispie Treat
                      Banana
                      Chocolate cookie from the teacher's lounge!
                      ^THAT is going to be a hard habit to break.. snacks of all sorts are always there for the teachers to enjoy during lunch break, but starting tonight I need to remind myself that it isn't worth it and it will actually make me feel worse!

Going to only allow primal food in my new place.. of course, I'll have sugar in case friends need it in coffee or whatnot..*sigh* okay! I can do this!!
                      newwwwbieeeee...

Comment

1) Where in Colorado?
                        2) Are you single and hot?
                        3) What's a lockoff?

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                          1) Where in Colorado?
                          2) Are you single and hot?
                          3) What's a lockoff?

Sent via lightsaber
                          Whoa, Mr. Anthony, that's a bit more direct than I'm used to.
                          1. I live in Eagle
                          2. Like I said in my post, I'm NOT fit, but I'm resolving to work at it again starting today. And I think "hot" is pretty dependent on personal preference.
                          3. A lockoff is like a little apartment that is separated from the rest of the house.
                          newwwwbieeeee...

Comment

From a 21 year veteran teacher...Stay away from lounge food!
                            Good luck in your career and living the Primal life.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMae View Post
                              Whoa, Mr. Anthony, that's a bit more direct than I'm used to.
                              You'll get used to it if you hang around the forums. I'm the resident flirt.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                                You'll get used to it if you hang around the forums. I'm the resident flirt.
                                That's just his way of justifying his dude-slutness.

I used to fly (in the Army) up in Eagle when we were doing high altitude training. Are you up at Colorado Mountain College? I think my nephew is looking at going there.

Nice to have you back btw and you are right, you can do this.
                                People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Working...
                                X