In Search of Greener Pastures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Search of Greener Pastures

Something has to give. Something has to change. Because frankly, I'm obviously not doing something right. Here I am at 19 years old. I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditits. I have miscarried three times in a year. I have no energy. I sleep horribly. I'm constantly fighting depression. I feel like I should be vibrant and healthy at this point of my life, but mostly I feel good when I can slug though a day. I live in a mental fog.
    I found out about MDA a few months ago. It's principles rang true, and I have always felt that diet played a major role in my health issues. But I didn't do it because I was trying to get pregnant and worried that it would be unhealthy to cut grains at that point in my life. But here I am, officially labeled by my doctor as a Recurrent Miscarrier. My TSH is higher than it's ever been.
    So, here's my resolutions for 2013. A year I hope to be full of health, vitality, making peace with my body and a healthy baby.

1. Completely transition, cold turkey, to Primal. (I started on Saturday).
    2. Go to a Naturopathic Doctor and find out if I have other allergies.
    3. Exercise more consistently.
    4. Lose 12lbs
    5. Get pregnant with a baby that sticks after previous health goals have been achieved!
    Also, here are my stats. I'm not really looking to lose weight, but I want to write them here so I can see if there are changes:
    Weight: 137lbs
    Height: 5'5"
    Bust: 37"
    Arms: 10"
    Neck: 14"
    Waist: 30"
    Hips: 36"
    Thigh: 23"
    Calf: 14"
    Last edited by murf73; 01-08-2013, 08:27 AM.

welcome aboard, and good luck with making the babies.

it sounds like all your issues probably stem from your thyroid issues, so this should help a lot. it's amazing how many women can miscarry because their thyroid. my wife's endocrinologist gave her the numbers once and it was mind blowing. it's probably a good idea to eat plenty of plants and animals from the ocean as part of your primal eating.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

So far I've been doing well with my goals. Today I set up an appointment with a naturopathic doctor! My appointment is on February 1, 2013! I hope this is helpful. I've exercised everyday this week. I do something different everyday and am pretty relaxed about. Last night I did 30 minutes of weight training. It was fun.
      I think the funny thing is that I haven't really been tempted food-wise. I thought it would be super hard to cut ALL grains. Doesn't really faze me. I guess I just really want a baby badly and it seems like a no-brainer choice. I mean, really, who would choose a piece of bread over a baby???
      I hope this is helping my thyroid and immune system...

Comment

Wow!! I can't believe how GREAT! I have been doing! A bunch of really annoying health problems have disappeared! I can sleep through the night! No nightmares! No hunger headaches! I can go 7-8 hours without eating and not be in pain! No stomach pains! I'm never starving! I've been exercising about 3 times a week and actually enjoying it! I can't believe I am actually losing weight as well! I'm down to 133! I can't believe I have no desire to cheat! Usually on a diet I cheat after about 2-3 days. My husband says he has never seen me looking this healthy and happy!
        I see the naturopathic doctor next week. Also I am seeing my regular doctor to do more blood work to figure out why I've been miscarrying.
        I can't believe I was once a vegan. I love orgnanic butter too much. Everything I cook is drowning in it!

Comment

Originally posted by murf73 View Post
          Wow!! I can't believe how GREAT! I have been doing! A bunch of really annoying health problems have disappeared! I can sleep through the night! No nightmares! No hunger headaches! I can go 7-8 hours without eating and not be in pain! No stomach pains! I'm never starving! I've been exercising about 3 times a week and actually enjoying it! I can't believe I am actually losing weight as well! I'm down to 133! I can't believe I have no desire to cheat! Usually on a diet I cheat after about 2-3 days. My husband says he has never seen me looking this healthy and happy!
          I see the naturopathic doctor next week. Also I am seeing my regular doctor to do more blood work to figure out why I've been miscarrying.
          I can't believe I was once a vegan. I love orgnanic butter too much. Everything I cook is drowning in it!
          Wow! Amazing progress already. Congrats!
          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

I'm sure your naturopath will check your D3 level, but just in case, ask! Getting off gluten and getting her D level dialed in helped a client of mine stay pregnant after 4 miscarriages.
            Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
            Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
            Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

I sure hope so, Dragonfly.
              So I remeasured myself today. Defintely a lot of improvement.
              Weight: 137lbs-133lbs
              Height: 5'5"
              Bust: 37"-34" (I went from pregnant boobs to not-pregnant boobs, so that change is understandable.)
              Arms: 10" Same
              Neck: 14"- 13"
              Waist: 30"-28" (Definitely happy about this one!)
              Hips: 36"-35"
              Thigh: 23"-20 3/4"! (This one blew me away!)
              Calf: 14" Same (That's good, I like my calves just fine the way they are

Comment

I recently had my D3 levels checked. They were awful at 19! I'm on a supplement. Wish it wasn't so
                cloudy here or I would try to get some natural sun

Comment

Well, today I am cutting dairy and nightshades. Hopefully this will further help my autoimmune disorder. Also, I found out the hard way that I have very bad reactions to seaweed. I ate some the day before yesterday and yesterday and both times my face got SUPER red, I got a rash on my chest, I had nightmares both of those nights, and I've been feeling tired and foggy again. Sigh. No more seaweed for me! I guess I should have known better.

Comment

Getting your D3 level dialed in will really help your inflammation/ fertility issues. How much are you taking?
                    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Glad to see things are improving for you.

In regard to miscarriages consider getting a DNA test. You can order one at 23AndMe.com for just $99. The information will give you doctor additional information to work with.

My brother-in-law's wife had somewhere around 10 miscarriages. They kept trying and eventually had a son but due to heart defects he needed surgery at the age of 2. I can't help but wonder if all the miscarriages were due to genetic issues. They love their son dearly and wouldn't give him up for the world, but they are also suffering through a lot of heart ache.

Comment

10,000 iu daily

Comment

So, today I had my first real fall off the wagon. The dumb part? I had convinced myself that it was a "healthy" food. It's one thing to be seduced by a food that is completely wrong, but one that is a gray area is just dumb.
                          So, here's what happened. Yesterday I was still feeling sick and rotten from my seaweed allergy, and I decided I wanted to try to bake something that I could eat. So I bought a can of pumpkin. I used two cans of coconut milk, 4 eggs... and a cup of turbinado sugar. Unfortunately, my hubby didn't like it and I have the self-control of a two year old so... I ate. The. Whole. THING!
                          The next morning I figured out the calories and carbs. 1320 calories. 280 carbs.
                          Sheesh, how do I even put myself together after a crash like that?? It really was a perfect storm. A combination of being sick, and wanting to try something new.
                          All right, that's enough feeling sorry for myself. Now to figure out a plan of bouncing back.
                          1. I'm going to do some fasting. I've been dabbling in it. So, today I will do a 24 fast starting now.
                          2. I will take an hour long walk today.
                          3. To prevent future falls, before I try new recipes I am going to figure out the calories and carbs so I know what I'm going into.

Yay! I am recommitted! I can do this! I am going to regain my health, lose that last 7-8 pounds and have a healthy baby.
                          Can I hear an amen?

Comment

Feeling a lot better today. I walked yesterday and I fasted yesterday and broke my fast late last night when I got really hungry, so I ate a couple of eggs and some bacon. This morning I feel great. I feel like my resolve is back. A friend who is a fellow primal let me borrow a low-carb cookbook. There are some great recipes in it. So far I have been great at cutting dairy, but I had salsa a couple times and can't seem to quit using cayenne pepper! Although I have been great at cutting potatoes. Well, I guess I'll keep working at it a little at a time. Two steps forward, one step back, but it's progress!

Comment

Oh, and Randy, hubby and I are getting DNA tested at the doctors office on Monday along with other recurrent pregnancy loss testing. Wish us luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X