No announcement yet.

In Search of Greener Pastures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are you cutting dairy? Full-fat dairy is associated with higher fertility.
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

I'm cutting it temporarily because I'm trying to figure out if I have allergies/sensitivies. People with autoimmune problems tend to have problems with certain foods. Hopefully I'll be able to add it back with no problems.

Comment

Ok,

Time for an update. Life has been super crazy the past couple weeks. I've been in the city for the past week doing testing, an HSG, doctors appointments and today I have an MRI. It looks like there's a major problem with the shape of my uterus. They think it's a complete bicornuate, so they are doing an MRI to get a final diagnosis. It's frustrating that all the blood testing has come back negative. The interesting thing is that both my regular doctor and my naturopathic doctor think my body is intolerant to gluten. I've also come to the conclusion that I can't eat dairy, because when I do I get really congested and my throat gets clogged with mucus. Gross. It makes me feel like I can't breathe. I gained back a couple of pounds because I haven't been able to exercise, I've cheated and eaten other grains a couple times and I've been emotional eating just because this whole trip is so stressful. I just can't wait till we get home and I can get back to life as usual. It's so much harder to eat right when you aren't at home.
        So, here is the plan to help me with emotional eating and sticking to my grain-free, dairy-free living:
        1. I am going to keep a food journal for a couple weeks.
        2. Even though I am not at home, I am going to go for a couple 20-30 minute walks this week.
        3. When I start getting sad/stressed/overwhelmed I am going to write about my feelings in the journal.
        I think this will help me stay on track. One of the big problems is that I told myself, "well maybe I can eat and handle non-gluten grains". I have finally come to the conclusion that I really can't eat grains. End of story. They just don't make me feel good.

Want to know some great news? My MOM has started eating primal! And she feels GREAT! She has always struggled with her weight and now she is finally feeling good and losing it! I'm so excited for her!

Comment

Yay! Being back home is so great! Taking those walks and keeping a food diary the past few days has really helped. I feel like I am back on track. Eating right, cooking my own meals, exercising. The emotional eating went away once I got home (huge stress relief) and got more fat back in my diet.
          I got a new exercise video in the mail. Ballet! It's something I always wanted to try. I really liked it. It really worked a lot of muscles.
          Yesterday was simply gorgeous. A warm, sunny February day in Alaska. It was so nice that I decided to go on a short hike with my husband instead of doing house cleaning or homework. It was wonderful.
          It has been very interesting to be keeping a food diary. It actually makes it easier to pay attention to want I'm eating. Also, it's a good way to make sure I get the right amount of calories, fats and limit my carbs.
          All in all, life is good and I am plugging forward. Wow, I really am amazed that I've been doing pretty well at sticking to the primal lifestyle.

Comment

Well, things have been really great (except for a fasting fiasco that didn't end well). I started weight lifting yesterday. I'm excited about that. I am planning on doing sprints this afternoon. My recent goals have been to add sprinting once a week and weight lifting twice a week. I am going to keep up the other exercise I have been doing. I try to exercise 2-3 times a week and I mix it up and do something different every time. So far I've tried ballet, belly dance, Richard Simon aerobics, plyometrics, hiking, yoga and I am having a ball.
            I've been feeling really sad because me and my husband did a TON of recurrent pregnancy loss testing and only one thing has come back as abnormal. Which is my prolactin level. It was 39 which isn't really high enough to worry about. My midwife thinks I am doing really well on my diet and thinks me and my husband could start trying again. She was really impressed with how well I'm eating.
            There has been some pretty incredible new though. My thyroid TSH levels came back at .4!!! Six weeks ago it was 5.11! I guess my diet and a slightly higher med is doing the trick! Also, I am completely baffled, they checked my thyroid antibodies and there weren't ANY!! That is so crazy! I really couldn't believe it. Maybe all this healthy eating really is changing my health. Sheesh, I have seen so many amazing things with this diet.

Comment

I took my weight and measurements today:
              130lbs
              thigh 19"
              calf 14"
              arm 10"
              waist 28"
              neck 12 3/4"
              butt 36 1/2"
              hips 34"
              So, since January I have lost 14lbs and a total of about 15"! I'm so pumped!

Comment

Oh my goodness. I don't want to say it out loud, because it might disapear.. I think I'm pregnant. I can't believe it.

Comment

Congrats!
                  Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                  Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                  Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Isn't it funny how you have one day late of a period and you totally jump to wrong conclusions?? Oh well,
                    Here are my stats:
                    130lbs
                    Waist: 27"
                    Butt: 36"
                    Hips: 33"
                    Bust: 33"
                    Thigh: 19"
                    That's about 3 more inches!

Comment

Alright stats:

130lbs
                      Waist: 26"