Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grok didn't wear clothes so why should I?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

geostump - I quit the Y that I liked that was 15 minutes away and joined a gym 5 minutes away that was OK but not as nice as the Y. Point being I was using the 15 minute drive there and back as an excuse not to go more than I should have. Just something to consider!

Comment

Randy, the big thing that I like with MFP is that you can add your own recipes into the database and save them for handy use.

@snoops, The gym here in town is a hole in the wall place and it seems kind of shitty. Pretty much no one goes there so I'm not too sure where I will end up with that. I'm doing some stuff at home, the problem is that with 5 of us in the house with 2 dogs, it makes for a tight space. I have started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred that I found on youtube. I'm just trying to figure if purchasing equipment as I need it would be beneficial or if just spending $30 (gym in town) or the $44-$75 for the Y could be justified.
      Georgette

Comment

Groks wife was probably a belly dancer

Georgette,

My wife has a great exercise plan that requires no equipment although she does use a big mirror. Sometimes I do it with her but belly dancing makes me look stupid. Ask her about it. I am sure she could point you to a free youtube routine you can begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyStimpson View Post
          Georgette,

My wife has a great exercise plan that requires no equipment although she does use a big mirror. Sometimes I do it with her but belly dancing makes me look stupid. Ask her about it. I am sure she could point you to a free youtube routine you can begin with.
          She belly dances? I can't even slow dance. My dancing occurs when I hear Metallica and I head bang.
          Georgette

Comment

My belly used to dance a lot. In fact it would keep dancing after I stopped.
            My Journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74692.html

Comment

Ah ha, busted talking about me while I'm not watching. I thought you're going to log your journal here

Because I think some of you would up to the challenge, try the steps I posted in the following thread and let me know how it goes http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread75304.html
              Roxy -- 41/4'10/102 F -- Yes, I'm a Computer Nerd and a Flamenco & Bellydancer!
              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74655-2.html
              Free Water Coach helps keep my water daily goal in check!
              http://facebook.com/roxyraqs (fun)

Comment

SKIN RASH

For at least 10 years I used to have redish dry skin on my ankles inspite of using lubriderm and aloe vera. Using Evening Primrose oil helped a little bit but wasn't a total solution. I started on a regime of 4 tablespoons of raw sunflowers seeds a day and noticed skin improvement on my ankles and all over my body. Then I switched to socks that didn't cover my ankles and noticed even more improvement. I started using a tanning bed for vitamin D and noticed even more improvement although I am not sure this really helped.

A few months after my ankle skin had reached perfection I started seeing that red rash again. That was about 2 weeks ago. Now its gone. In retrospect I think it was because I found this really delicious whole grain bread and has started eating two toasted slices a day of it with coconut oil. Soon as I stopped eating the bread the rash went away again. I was thinking that grains didn't impact me negatively but I guess I was wrong. It's just that the impact was subtle.

Comment

SKIN RASH

For at least 10 years I used to have redish dry skin on my ankles inspite of using lubriderm and aloe vera. Using Evening Primrose oil helped a little bit but wasn't a total solution. I started on a regime of 4 tablespoons of raw sunflowers seeds a day and noticed skin improvement on my ankles and all over my body. Then I switched to socks that didn't cover my ankles and noticed even more improvement. I started using a tanning bed for vitamin D and noticed even more improvement although I am not sure this really helped.

A few months after my ankle skin had reached perfection I started seeing that red rash again. That was about 2 weeks ago. Now its gone. In retrospect I think it was because I found this really delicious whole grain bread and has started eating two toasted slices a day of it with coconut oil. Soon as I stopped eating the bread the rash went away again. I was thinking that grains didn't impact me negatively but I guess I was wrong. It's just that the impact was subtle.
                  Grains trigger headaches, depression/anger, bloat, and zits in me. Also causes my carpal tunnel to flare up.
                  Georgette

Comment

10 PUSHUPS

Today I managed to squeak out 10 push-ups. That last time I did this I could only do 5 and that was about 6 months ago. I feel like the workout routine I described near the beginning of this journal is working for me.

Some 20 years ago when I was in my 30s I regularly did 3 sets a 25 pushups daily. Unlike the ones I did today my chest touched the ground instead of my belly LOL.

Comment

PUSHUPS. REALLY? well ok

Some of you have recommended pushups. At first I didn't like this idea but then I thought I could always start with my knees down. My wife thinks that I should do 15 minutes every morning and work up to 1 hour -- and that I should do them before I get out of bed.
                      I am wondering Randy - do you mean what I think you mean ??????? cos thats a GREAT way to work out !!!!!!
                      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

I have made three additions to my daily exercise at the office which is nearly empty since we had to layoff so many people.

1) Whenever I get out of my chair I do 3 push-ups against the guest chair (has no wheels and is against the wall).

2) If I am going to the bathroom I use the upstairs bathroom taking 2 steps at a time.

3) If I am waiting at the microwave I plank.

Also since I switched my vitamin D supplement to one without calcium I am no longer having muscle twitching.

Comment

Great that you are already feeling better with the twitching and the moderate exercise sounds like a good idea. I should add some in like that.

Comment

Seafood Soup recipe

I am always trying to figure out how to cook a good soup and this time I have a big winner (I have four grand children living with me who say so).

Here is the recipe:

1 bag of mixed seafood bought at Costco. Has muscles, scallops, shrimp and calamari

6 oz piece of sockeye salmon

4 cups of water

4 cups of freshly made celery juice

1 inch piece of ginger (juiced with the celery)

1/2 bunch sliced spinach leaves (looks like seaweed)

1 bunch of scallions (green parts look like seaweed)

1/3 cup dried mushrooms (One grand daughter loves anything with mushrooms)

1 teaspoon of seafood seasoning

6 cloves of garlic

1/2 yellow onion (thinking about using a leek next time)

pepper to taste

absolutely NO SALT

DIRECTIONS

1) Saute the onion, scallions and garlic

2) Put the sauteed food and everything else in a pot and bring to a boil for about 1 minute

3) Simmer on low heat for one or more hours (the longer the better).

4) Add no salt. Using celery juice for broth replaces the need for salt not to mention whatever
                            salt comes with the seafood.

RESULTS

The grand kids especially like the muscles. This is a good and bad thing. It's bad when the try and keep the shells and they stink up their bedroom.

Comment

SKIN RASH

Yep, I had psoriasis and ezcema for YEARS - spent so much money trying to get rid of it. After quitting grains it was gone in a couple of DAYS. Wish I'd known about this no-grain thing 40 years ago!
                              My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Working...
                              X