No announcement yet.

Primal Journel--Bamabelle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been forgetting to mention herbal tea with about 1 tbsp. raw honey for the last two days. Just want to be inclusive so that I can look back over my journel and have accuracy.

Day 11 Dinner: was at the bar watching football, and alas I strayed! I started off great with buffalo hot wings sans the ranch; but then dipped into one friends loaded nachos and another friends french fries; small amount of each; plus had 4 glasses of pinot noir; woke up with some...ahem gas...but otherwise, OK.

Comment

Day 12:
      No breakfast. Not hungry.
      Lunch: at cafe, roasted balsamic chicken, grilled garlic eggplant and yellow bell pepper (surprisingly good to not be home-made) and garlic mashed potatoes. Then a strawberry creme green tea. Found out upon tasting that it definitely had sugar in it--tasted like dessert in a cup. Was delicious but def. not paleo. I drank about 12 oz. of it. Work in progress
      Dinner: leftover piece of chicken piccata and summer squash sauteed in butter, shallot and garlic. MMMMMMMM!!! With a tall glass of red wine.
      I'll tell ya, now that I'm back to cooking for myself (haven't in awhile for lack of energy) I feel like I'm eating gormet! It just takes careful planning and shopping. But I really do love eating this way (most of the time). Cravings GONE!
      Walked a lot today because I was out and about the city running errands
      Amanda

Comment

Got hungry and had a snack of:
        organic pear, small handful of mixed raw nuts and a few pieces of smoked gouda

Thinking that I should eliminate dairy because I suffered my first ever chronic sinus infection this winter; and it is TRYING to come back AGAIN! I seem to be allergic to something at work, and it keeps flaring up my sinuses But alas, I really am not ready to give up dairy. Need to get down the basics of this primal stuff first!

Comment

Last night after dinner, I ended up finishing up with two more tall glasses of red wine--Yikes! That's 3/4 of the bottle gone in one night. Well, thank goodness I don't drink red wine every night! Don't want to become friends with Bill

DAY 13:
          Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled in butter and mixed with parm reg. Green smoothie (pineapple, blueberries, fresh lemon juice and spinach). FINALLY annointed my new Vitamix that I got for Christmas!! Love it!
          Snack: herbal tea with one tbsp. raw honey
          Lunch: roasted salmon (in EVOO, lemon juice, fresh ginger, capers, salt and pepper) and carrot ginger soup. Kombucha.

I'm not hungry yet, but look forward to dinner later when I get hungry cause I'm roasting a pork shoulder (over 6-7 hours) and it smells HEAVENLY!!!

Comment

Dinner: THe pork shoulder turned out delicious I had two pieces and some sauteed summer squash (in butter, shallot and garlic). Then two artisan chocolate bon bons---I am lucky enough to have a neighbor who was voted one of the top 10 pastry chefs in the U. S. He is a choclatier specifically Two mouth watering morsels of non-paleo (it wasn't dark chocolate). Drinking red wine now. Must not replace when this bottle is complete lest I become freinds with Bill

Comment

DAY 13
              Breakfast: apple
              Lunch: (at market) roasted chicken breast with roasted brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes
              Dinner: (don't feel like fixing anything) sopressato (sp?) and pecorino romano plus mixed berries and 1 1/2 glasses red wine (finished off the wine)

I craved McDonalds today (saw/smelled someone's McDonalds on the subway; also monthly visitor probably contributed to cravings). Note to self, much less symptoms of pain this month. Is it the paleo?!?

Comment

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooo!!! I just succumbed to peanut M&Ms. You see my monthly visitor is here. And I have the entire contents of my pantry that I am getting rid of sitting on my counter right now---waiting on neighbors to come through and take what they may want. And the peanut M&Ms have been sitting there without tempting much; until now I had a small handful and 2 glasses of local grass fed whole milk. So there! I did it

Comment

DAY 14:
                  Lunch: chicken piccata with sauteed summer squash
                  Dinner (out at restaurant): red snapper civiche, ropa vieja (skirt steak) and steamed yuca with garlic mojo sauce. And 4 mojiots (came home drunk---oooops)
                  Walked a mile on the treadmill plus housework and walking to and from the restaurant (journeling activity; attempting to increase my slow daily activity)

Comment

DAY 15:
                    Breakfast: leftover roasted pork and garlic mashed potatoes
                    Lunch: leftover roasted pork and roasted cauliflower and kombucha
                    Looking forward to dinner wtih friends tonight

Comment

Dinner (with friends): roasted cornish hens, salad with home made dsg., loads of roasted broccoli (roasted with garlic chips and tossed with lemon juice and parm cheese---mmmm) 2 glasses red wine and 2 glasses white (moscato) wine; few bites of mixed dessert (brownie, cake pop and rice krispy treat)

Comment

DAY 16:
                        Breakfast: sopressato (sp?), smoked gouda and mixed berries
                        Snack: passionfruit green tea with 1 tbsp. raw honey
                        Lunch: salad with home made dsg. and parm cheese/almonds, leftover roasted pork shoulder and garlic mashed potatoes
                        So far walked up and then 2 1/3 flights stairs at work (will do again later; slowly working my way up to active)

Comment

Did another 2 1/2 flights up and down at work.
                          Dinner: meatballs with marinara sauce and pecorino romano cheese and kombucha.

Comment

DAY 17:
                            Lunch (early): stuffed flounder and salad with home made dressing (and almonds/pecornio romano)
                            Snack: handfull of pistachio nuts and (black) pumpkin spice tea with 1 tbsp. raw honey and bit of whole milk

I'm happy to report that I did steps twice at work so far today. The first time 7 flights up and the second time 5 flights up. Progress, bit by bit!!

Comment

Dinner: 7 buffalo hot wings and one glass of red wine (whoops)

Comment

DAY 18:
                                Breakfast: (black) strawberry tea with tbsp. raw honey and local whole milk
                                Lunch: sea bass and mashed potatoes with small amt. gravy
                                Dinner (so hungry I was sick--after work): salad with buffalo grilled chicken, motzarella (sp?), walnuts, bacon and ranch dressing. Large rice krispy treat (was so hungry that I was craving sugar).

Comment

Working...
                                X