No announcement yet.

Primal Journal(Ash877)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ash877. What does you daily menu look like??
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

Comment

Thanx in advance.

Comment

A typical day would be a 4 egg omelette with some spinach and tomato.

Lunch would be 6-8 oz of pork, and a banana and avocado

Dinner would be another 6-10 oz of pork, maybe a sweet potato with butter, and an orange. Or some carrots, broccoli or cauliflower(with butter)

Also might add in some mangoes or berries somewhere in the day, or a couple squares of dark chocolate.

Generally I just eat to hunger, if I'm hungry I eat, so some days I eat 2 times a day, other days I eat 4 times a day.

I've cut out nuts entirely, as I've been allergic to walnuts as long as I can remember, pecans for a few years, and more recently almonds seemed to be giving me issues. So the doctor suggested I just avoid them all. Also dairy seems to give me issues, so I've cut that out besides the butter recently,which seems to help a lot. However, both of these were easy ways to add in more calories.

My biggest issue seems to be Saturday/Sunday. I work 14 hours on Saturday, and 10 on Sunday, and am on my feet all day. It seems that I need a lot more calories over these two days, but figuring out how much is where I struggle. I bring all my food from home, and it seems that I never bring enough. Also, it needs to be things I can eat quickly, as sometimes I don't have much time to stop and eat.

Comment

Trying to add some more variety. I've been eating the same things over and over. Made some fresh pico last week. It went quickly. I was going to add it to omeletes and salads. Ended up eating it straight. Delish.

Running 80/20 most of the time. Going to try to get closer to 100. Whenever I stray, I end up feeling like crap. It is just not worth it.

My energy levels have been much better. I rarely feel the need to take a nap between 2-4 anymore.

DH is down to 212.4 from a starting point of 225.3.

I've been getting a lot more sun in, and it seems to be helping a lot.

Current weight is 134.4, body fat 18.9%. I believe it will go down over the next few days, as I ate some things that caused me to retain a good bit of water.(Was at 129.6 and 17.6 a week ago)

Started taking a multivitamin and calcium pill(calcium and d3) as my nails were getting bad again.

Comment

Had a ribeye for dinner last night. Usually it is not in the budget, but since they were free, it fit in nicely. Normally I am not big on a fatty steak, but it was pretty tasty. Of course I only ate about 1/2 of it(was a 10 oz steak) Also had some baked asparagus with it.

Weight is 130.4 Body fat at 17.9%

Have officially gained 2.2 lbs since starting. Initially I got as low as 125.6, but I think that was water weight, as I started at 128.2, and dropped to 125.6 within the first 10 days.

Need to get back to working out. I've been working a lot of hours at work, and that has fallen by the wayside.

Comment

Just completed a fast. It was a great learning experience. I learned just how heavily eating is influenced by habit and boredom. It's also great for weight loss, but I don't think that's a good reason to do it. Originally I was just going for 24 hours, but I just listened to my body, and ended up going much longer.

Day one 128.2 Body fat 17.9%
              Today 122.4 Body fat 16.8%

I expect my weight to come back up over the next few days, and that's fine.

Going forward, I am going to be more conscious of when I am eating, and take the time to enjoy the experience. I am also going to cut back the amount of fruit and chocolate I am eating.

We have sourced a relatively inexpensive grass fed beef source, and will be going to pick some up on Thursday. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
              X