No announcement yet.

Paleo work in progress, weight loss journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked hard to get to 282.6 yesterday morning, but had some super bowl indulgences and likely gain.
    I had wings fried in crisco, half a pepperoni roll and about a serving of tostitos with sausage dip.

As with anytime you indulge a little bit there are some negative feelings today about it. That beings said, I didnt eat the pizza or brownies or various other delicious foods that were available. I indulged slightly, whereas in the past i would have gone nuts.

i am fasting today and running after school to make myself feel a bit better. I really wanted 279 by this coming weekend, which was possible without the super bowl back track, but i am confident i can come close.

later
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 291 LW 254 GW 220

Comment

well its been a rough couple weeks. i had some small probles eating at the super bowl but was back down to where i was at 282.6 on friday. however, we went to the outer banks this weekend and i just ate whatever the hell i wanted. Beer, pizza, fries, wings. it was the only time in three months that i really just said screw it.
      Obviously that means the scale was mean this morning. 287. i want to be good and lose weight, but i want to live life too. i have refused bad food and dirink a hundred times in the last few months and i finally just enjoyed.
      Worth it? yea. screw it. some of you are probably turning nose down at that idea. But i just had an amazing weekend eating and drinking with friends. If i hadnt drank i wouldnt have eaten bad, but if i hadnt drank i would have been bored and annoyed. so, i am ok with my decisions. i had a blast.

Back on the wagon today, going to farmers market for food and fasting for lunch today. I am looking forward to it.
      till later
      a

Comment

First day back on after a bad weekend. took a lot out of me. i was tired all day and hungry. I wound up fasting for lunch and had a small salad for dinner. I was hungry but nothing sounded good so i went light in an effort to kind of fall back into the diet a bit more aggressively.
        have a great day everyone

Comment

Hi Miller! I just started my paleo journal yesterday and am trying to figure out which journals to follow. Some are a little overwhelming (thousands of entries and responses), but since you started (paleo) around the same time I did and have some similar feelings about it and ups and downs, I figured I would try to continue to read yours and cheer you on! I went from reading your first whole page and then skipped to the last and was pleased to see you've lost almost twenty pounds! Fantastic! It's taken me a whole year to lose 25 pounds (not on paleo). I'm struggling with the last 10-15 and also still dealing with low energy and chronic health issues which is why I'm trying paleo.

Anyway, superbowl was hard, huh? I had some potato chips, lots of wine and two diet cokes. Oh and a homemade chocolate chip cookie. I paid for ti the next day and also gained a few pounds (mostly bloating probably). Last weekend was hard too. I ate a lot of tortilla chips. It sounds like we have a similar binging problem. I'm really diligent ALL of the time and then wham comes an occasion and I too say F____ it. Have you read the book "The End of Overeating"? I just finished it and thought it was a REALLY good study on why we overeat. It blames a lot of it on the food and restaurant industry making food addictive and I agree, although some of that blame is still on us. In any case, I think you should read it. It has some good ideas on how to control yourself in most situations.

OK! Let's have a good month. No superbowls coming up, although I have a camping trip planned this weekend (with friends who are visiting) and an Oscar's party to go to. Better start thinkin of my paleo treats now!

Comment

Hey, Miller! Where U At????

Comment

Thanks for the reply julesy. I was busy this week and didn't get on mda much. Thanks for the support. It's a journey and I am enjoying it.
              Despite my struggles last weekend my scale was very forgiving this week. I was 278 this morning which puts me at 30 lbs since going primal and 54 total. I made ribs this weekend with a homemade BBQ sauce made of apple cider vinegar, honey, spices and hot sauce. They were amazing. I'm playing football with some friends this afternoon so I hope to burn a few extra calories as well.
              Have a good one everyone

Comment

Its a new week. i went shopping yesterday and bought some size 38 jeans. they are tight but totally close to being wearable. so hopefully ten pounds or so. i havent worn 38's as an adult ever. Its been such an interesteding journey to this point. i hope i can keep it up. . . 277.6 this morning, i was 278.4 on sunday so nothing really since then but it was an amazing loss that weekend so its fine.
                peace out

Comment

Disappointed. I am up 2 pounds this week. Little bummed. Not sure why, been good and have had some good play this week. Ugh

Comment

i am still up a couple pounds for the last couple weeks, kind of waffling between 277-279 daily. i cant figure out what i have done wrong, just a plateua i guess.
                    i made meatballs last night 50/50 grass fed beef and sausage. homemade tomato sauce was tasty. dinner tonight oven baked wings and some sweet potato fries

Comment

well. . . .
                      things havent gone well. I stayed right around 278 for two weeks. This weekend when my parents were in town i ate pretty lousy. I had pizza and some other bread and ice cream. No ones fault but my own but i was definitely getting discouraged. I suppose thats why many of us wind up overweight in the first place, making bad decisions.
                      At any rate, back on the wagon but a bit upset with myself for contributing to my own delinquincy. Cheers folks.

Comment

Things have been a bit bettwe the last week. Last weekend i was still 277.6 but this weekend i got down to 274.2. I am hoping to hit the magic 273 number for sixty pounds down this week and under 270 in the next couple weeks. it has been slow but i dont mind lose 7-10 pounds a month so hopefully the 3 pounds that i lost this week will continue.
                        it has been an interesting journey and i cant wait to continue on. I am a little worried that the additional pound i lost since yesterday morning was because i only had one real meal in the middle fo the day yesterday and i will overcompensate today. we shall see

Comment

i was 271.6 on saturday but wound up indulging a bit on sunday with some pizza and ice cream. I had planned it for a while and it was amazing. As a result i was 275 this morning, but am sure i will be back down to 271 within a day or two.
                          Cheers
                          a

Comment

Spring break this week. I ate some junk on Sunday at Easter. No candy or anything but brown sugar and pineapple glaze on ham and some rice pilaf and a few chips. This week has been great. Played some golf and lots of disc and the scale has been good to me. I was 269 this morning which puts me at 64 pounds down and two pounds this week. The last time I was this weight was 2007 and then I went right back up. I was 255 in college briefly but beer and pizza ruined that. If I can get in the 250s by like mid may it will be new ground for me since I was 21. Anyway. Cheers

Comment

Good work.

Comment

268 today. Lost five pounds over spring break. Pretty stoked

Comment

Working...
                                X