Primal Journal - Sandamel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Journal - Sandamel

Well, I might as well start a journal thread here on a supportive forum. I already posted in the Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread. What I really, really want is a place where I can publicly log my food without being judged by the vegans I used to hang with.

Constructive comments and suggestions most welcome!

So, without further ado, here's my journal. I hope to update it daily.

Day 1 -

Fasted walk with puppy (only 20 minutes, as ice balls were forming between her toes)

Breakfast:
    shredded sweet potato sautéed in coconut oil and ghee with 3 eggs scrambled in
    latté with unsweetened almond milk

Mid-morning:
    2 cups water

Lunch:
    large handful pecans
    2 cups water

Mid-afternoon:
    latté with unsweetened almond milk

Dinner:
    spaghetti squash with bison tomato sauce
    roasted asparagus
    Natural Calm (magnesium beverage)
    Last edited by Sandamel; 11-25-2012, 05:49 PM.
    Obligatory Intro

Hello there!

I also found this forum to be very supportive of a way of eating that does not fly very well with the rest of the conventional world. Ive already picked up some good advice and hope to stick to it.

I wish I had your calorie intake! Mine has to be still under control.
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

Comment

Thanks U2sandrah!

I think my calorie intake will probably vary a lot from day to day. Today I was sitting on my bum for most of the day studying (or rather telling myself to study while hanging out on the Intertubes )

But yeah, I'm pretty happy with how the day turned out. I should probably do less sweet potato and more green veggies. I'm not going to worry about it on a day-to-day basis but rather look at it from the point of view of 1) do I feel awesome? and 2) am I getting closer to my ideal body composition?
      Obligatory Intro

Comment

You seem to be on the right mental place to tackle this way of life, nice going!

Hope the puppy goes along with the ride

Have a great primal week!

Comment

Strange thing I've noticed since eating more primal: I'm sleeping very poorly. I was sort of expecting that I'd sleep better. I hope it's just temporary! Has anyone else experienced this? Thoughts or suggestions?
          Obligatory Intro

Comment

What Ive experienced is that Ive been so used to sleep always after midnite, that when I hit the sack before 11pm then I toss and turn a bit before falling asleep. Dunno if this is your case also.

Comment

Hmm, no. I always try to get to bed at a reasonable hour, usually fall asleep within minutes, and sleep until my alarm goes off. Maybe it's just that my body is saying "WTF" to me. I'll wait another week or two before I get really worried about it. I guess it just sucks because I need my beauty sleep!!!
              Obligatory Intro

Comment

Yeah I agree with the WTF body response. And double agree with giving it a week or two.
                Keep us posted!

Comment

Day 2 -

After a horrible night's sleep, I had some trouble getting my butt out of bed. So I was running late. So I had to bring breakfast to work, which is never ideal.

Morning, on the bus:
                  espresso with coconut oil

Breakfast, at work:
                  3 eggs, scrambled in the microwave
                  1 kiwi fruit

Mid-morning:
                  black coffee
                  water

Lunch:
                  big-ass Greek salad with chicken, no feta

Mid-afternoon:
                  peppermint herbal tea

Dinner:
                  handful of cashews
                  glorious leftovers: spaghetti squash with bison tomato sauce

Evening workout with some personal training clients of mine. I didn't work too hard but squats, lunges, kettlebells, TRX, etc were used for about 35 minutes.

I was craving sugar badly today. People have already begun to leave holiday treats around the office. Seems I'm fine when there are no treats around but the power of suggestion is so strong! But I'm stronger damnit and I resisted
                  Obligatory Intro

Comment

Ive been looking into the restless sleep and yes, it seems to be a low-carb consequence in some cases. So youre right on the money to keep going and see it through a couple of weeks!

Comment

Boo for not packing a lunch today. I am craving naughty food! Send strong thoughts my way as I navigate the food court :-)
                      Obligatory Intro

Comment

*Strong thoughts*Strong thoughts**Strong thoughts*Strong thoughts*

Comment

Day 3 - I finally remembered to take some measurements this morning! I also got a bit more organized last night and pre-made breakfast to take to work with me. Sadly, I didn't also pre-make lunch so it was back to the food court for me.

Weight - 141 (This is waaay down from Friday when I was at 147. Water weight be gone!)
                          BF% - 28.3%

Goal:
                          BF% in the "fitness zone" of 21%-24%
                          Weight: whatever it happens to be once I get my BF% in the "fitness zone"

Food for the day:

On the bus:
                          coffee with coconut oil

Breakfast:
                          3 ham/egg cups with broccoli
                          water

Mid-morning:
                          black coffee

Lunch:
                          Greek salad with chicken, no feta

Mid-afternoon:
                          white tea
                          handful cashews
                          handful trail mix (almonds, pumpkin seeds, raisins, cranberries, goji berries)

Dinner:
                          chicken fajita on collard green wrap with salsa and tahini

After-dinner debauchery:
                          I tested some Nutty Blueberry Protein Balls from Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals, and a piece of Caveman Banana Nut Bites that I found online. Mmmm. I was making "treats" for the 2-day meeting I'm going in tomorrow. I figure if I can control the break time food, I'm less likely to break down and have a cakey muffin or doughnut. Now I'm about to make some "Creamy Hot Cocoa" and settle with a book in bed.

Good night everyone!
                          Obligatory Intro

Comment

Hey Sandamel,

I am on Day 3 as well (doing a Whole30). Looks like you did well for yourself, even without packing a lunch. Good job! Those Nutty Blueberry Protein Balls sound interesting. I'll have to remember to look those up. For now though, I have the pumpkin coconut pudding which will last the rest of the week.
                            My journal

Comment

Ooh, I love pumpkin and coconut! Sounds delish. Good luck with your Whole30. I'm doing a no-name food log thingy-ma-jiggy, lol.

Bah, must stop checking the Interwebs in bed. Could be one of the reasons I'm not sleeping super awesome Have a fabulous night!
                              Obligatory Intro

Comment

Working...
                              X