Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there!
    How's your sleep going!
    Today I discovered that by eating a big breakfast, I am much less hungry all day long. I think Ive felt less carb cravings... Thankfully happening near a meal so that the little urge was quenched.
    Im a bit nervous, tomorrow I have a dinner party, so I will put all my effort to resist the temptations!!
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

Comment

Hey, great job on eating the bigger breakfast! Glad it's keeping you full. I'll be thinking of you during your dinner party!

Today was a bit of a gong show for me - coworkers in town for all day meetings including fancy lunch and dinner. I cheated on my no sugar challenge at dinner. Le sigh... Tomorrow is a new day, right?

Day 4 -

On the bus:
      Coffee with coconut oil

Breakfast:
      1 ham / egg cup with broccoli

Morning snack:
      1 blueberry protein ball
      1 piece banana nut bar
      Black coffee
      Water

Lunch:
      Steak au poivre with side salad
      Water

Mid-afternoon snack:
      1 blueberry protein ball
      1 piece banana nut bar

Dinner:
      2 small glasses red wine
      Duck breast with side vegetables
      Water
      1 bite of someone's mint Nanaimo bar
      1 bite of someone's home-made maple walnut ice cream
      Black coffee

PHEW!! I've eaten so much today. Time for bed. Good night folks!
      Obligatory Intro

Comment

Day 5 - it was the second day of meetings with all of my work unit's staff. Luckily I was able to have a little less of a pig-out today than yesterday! And hopefully things will get back to normal starting tomorrow and I can exercise a bit more and stop with the gratuitous snacking.

On the bus:
        Coffee (espresso) with coconut oil

Mid-morning:
        Black coffee
        Water
        1 blueberry protein ball
        1 piece banana nut bar

Lunch:
        Asian chicken salad (greens, chicken, red peppers, and more)
        Water

Mid-afternoon:
        Black coffee
        1 blueberry protein ball
        1 piece banana nut bar

Dinner:
        Chicken fajita with collard green wrap
        Coconut hot chocolate

Phew it's been quite the week. I have the day off work tomorrow but I'll be up late tonight working on homework that's due tomorrow and up early to study (actually to cram!) for three tests I have to take tomorrow afternoon. I need a little fairy to come help me organize my time so I can be more on top of school work!
        Obligatory Intro

Comment

Hey! Nice going on day 2 of meetings! My hat's off to you...

I must say that I am a proud "no thanks, no bread for me" and "your want some of my fries" kinda person!

And having a big ass steak and side salad, it came with fries, but did not touch any single one of them!!!

I could not resist dessert though: strawberries and whipped cream (sweetened unfortunately).

Comment

Good for you for saying "no" to bread. Bread is one of my weaknesses but so far, even at the restaurant last night, I was able to say no too. But it was fresh-baked so it was soooo hard!!
            Obligatory Intro

Comment

Day 6 - Inadvertent fasting day (because I didn't really plan for it)! And it went pretty well.

I'm so glad I booked the day off work but I woke up super-stressed about some homework that was due today and 3 tests that I had to write. My plan was to stay up late last night to get it done but my brain shut down after a while. So I went to bed and set my regular alarm time of 4:45 am. Unfortunately I didn't get up right away but I did get the homework in and a little studying done. However, it also meant no time for breakfast or for packing a lunch! Jeepers this going back to school thing can be tough.

Morning:
              Espresso with coconut oil

Noon:
              Black coffee

Dinner:
              1 banana nut "caveman" bar
              Chicken fajita in a collard green wrap
              Roasted asparagus
              Water

Phew! It actually wasn't that bad. My tummy was gurgling a bit during my test-writing (of course... quiet classroom = the exact time my tummy decides to talk back! ) However, I didn't go and snack or binge when I got home. I had one of the delicious banana/nut squares that I made earlier this week while dinner was warming up, then dinner, and then nothing else. And I don't feel deprived or hungry! Hmmm... I think this Primal sh!t works!!
              Obligatory Intro

Comment

Originally posted by Sandamel View Post
                I don't feel deprived or hungry! Hmmm... I think this Primal sh!t works!!
                My journal

Comment

Nice going!! Plus it seems that your body is getting used to this rythm, even under mental pressure your body only "talked back" a little, no fuzzyness or mental blur due to the IF... You are very much on track!
                  Ive also behaved a lot these last past couple of days... Besides a little dessert and a good glass of wine, Ive been a good cavegirl also!

Comment

Yesterday was Day 7. It was my annual Christmas party at my place. I didn't even try to track my food, because I knew I just wanted to feast guilt-free.

Morning:
                    Coffee with unsweetened chocolate almond milk

Daytime:
                    Water
                    Coffee with unsweetened chocolate almond milk

Evening:
                    Party! Red wine, dark chocolate covered almonds, cretons with gluten-free crackers, spicy mini beef tacos, and all kinds of many little cheats and treats.

Today I feel kind-of off but the party's over and healthy foods are coming my way.
                    Obligatory Intro

Comment

Day 8 -

Woke up feeling a little gross from yesterday's debauchery but not feeling nearly as badly as I thought I might.

Morning:
                      Water
                      Double espresso with coconut oil

Lunch:
                      2 scrambled eggs with a side of cretons (pork) and a little ketchup (it's still in my refrigerator, can't throw it out...)
                      Water

Afternoon:
                      Double espesso with unsweetened chocolate almond milk
                      2 handfuls of mixed nuts while studying
                      A few squares of dark chocolate while studying

Dinner:
                      Elk and veggie stir-fry over cauliflower rice
                      1 glass red wine (because who dumps an open bottle down the drain?? )
                      Obligatory Intro

Comment

cheers for not wasting red wine down the drain! ditto!

Comment

Day 9 -

On the bus:

Mid-morning:
                          Water
                          Black coffee
                          Handful salted nuts

Lunch:
                          Leftover elk and veggie stirfry over cauliflower rice
                          Water

Mid-afternoon:
                          Herbal tea
                          Cretons (pork)

Dinner:
                          Fritatta with onions, chard, tomato and coconut milk

Later after my workout:
                          One last glass of red wine. There are 2 open bottles left over from my party - the one that's most full is going in the refrigerator for cooking and I'm going to finish the other (it's a small glass left in there).

Workout tonight will be heavy weights. I've made a goal of doing 3 strict pull-ups in three months so I'll be practicing those too (note, I can't even do 1 right now. Not even close!)
                          Obligatory Intro

Comment

Day 10 -

On the bus:

Breakfast:
                            Fritatta leftovers
                            Handful salted nuts
                            Water

Mid-morning:
                            Black coffee
                            Water

Lunch:
                            Big-ass salad
                            Leftover elk and veggie stirfry over cauliflower rice

Dinner:
                            Chicken breast in mushroom "cream" sauce over cauliflower rice

Evening:
                            Magnesium beverage
                            Obligatory Intro

Comment

question: what is a magnesium beverage?

you seem to have calories and carbs really on a tight grasp! how bout them study munchies?

Comment

My magnesium beverage is a supplement called "Natural Calm". It's magnesium citrate, which now I'm reading might not be the best. Ah well, it's what I've got in the cupboard for now :-)

Study munchies have not been tamed. That's going to take a little more effort, I think!

Day 11 - Not the best day.

Morning:
                                Leftover fritatta
                                Water

Lunch time:
                                Coconut milk steamer (with egg yolks and honey)
                                Dark chocolate (don't ask... I was studying!!!)
                                Water

Dinner (ladies' night out with my friends):
                                1 totally non-primal chocolate ball (gift from a friend)
                                Salmon with white wine butter sauce with a side of asparagus, carrots and zucchini
                                1 glass red wine (yes I drink red no matter my meat selection!!)
                                Water

My friend made a comment at dinner that probably wasn't meant to be hurtful but what can I say - I'm not immune to reading too much into things and feeling like a fat whale. She said "what are you - on the Atkins Diet or something?" It made me feel like she was saying that obviously I have weight to lose so I must be on a diet. I am probably thinking this way because I've "cheated" on my "no sugar until December 24th" several times with red wine and chocolate. I was hoping to be in the 130's by this coming weekend but I don't think that's going to happen.

Bah. Not a good day. Going to call it an early night and go read in bed. Tomorrow will be better!
                                Obligatory Intro

Comment

Working...
                                X