No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just handed a 1.5% bonus, for doing my job. I can honestly say that is the largest bonus check I've ever held in my hands.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Hurray! You deserve it!
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Nice bonus! Even though it seems like the shit is hitting the fan, you're appreciated.
        Georgette

Comment

• Shit really hasn't hit the fan. It's chaos, don't get me wrong, but it's contained chaos. Even when things do go FUBAR, we are able to make it work and (usually) apply the lesson learned. Contained chaos means it is limited to only this bit or that part, not every project all time. I can handle (and thrive) under contained chaos.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
            I was just handed a 1.5% bonus, for doing my job. I can honestly say that is the largest bonus check I've ever held in my hands.
            yeah for bonus!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
              yeah for bonus!
              indeed. Have fun with it. (or be sensible with it but in a fun way)

Comment

• Congratulations! I can only imagine what a 1.5% bonus check looks like!
                Primal since March 5, 2012
                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Does that mean 1.5% of annual salary? [[not familiar with bonus checks since my work environments have never done that kind of thing]]

Either way, congrats, you deserve it, keep rocking on!
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• I think that is indeed what she means.
                    Primal since March 5, 2012
                    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Still, that's an awesome bonus. I just get to go to Detroit in November.
                      Georgette

Comment

• Yes, I mean 1.5% of annual gross pay. Well, give or take. 1.5% is what the bonus rounds out to.
                        I generally try not to mention actual dollar amounts here (or anywhere but the house.) I was raised to believe talking about dollar amounts was crude and could be cruel to those who had less.
                        Apparently, all of (at least) engineering saw a similar bonus (in terms of dollar amount.)
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                          This is rough reading on a Down Day. : (
                          I was raised the same as you.

Bonuses are great as they do make you feel appreciated. It's king of nice to have one in the middle if the year. We get sales commissions here.
                          Georgette

Comment

• I used some of the money to buy some bras and a pair of jeans at Dillards. Levi's fit again, and fit better than Old Navy. With jeans that fit so perfectly, I can tolerate being a 4. I actually have room between skin and fabric in the thigh and the waist and hips fit perfectly. I haven't had jeans this good in YEARS. Granted, I'm not big on the wash, but at least it's still dark and mostly uniform.
                            Bras, on the other hand... *RANT WARNING.* I went hunting for bras at the one place in town that carries my size. I know I wear a less common size. There is still NO excuse to not carry pretty, comfortable bras in my size. You see that bra that fits perfectly on my size, the one that's only beige or black? Make it in purple. Make it in red. Hell, make it in green. You see that bra that looks gorgeous in 5 different colors that has my size tag on it? I don't want to wear NEOPRENE as my bra. Have you been anywhere besides fucking Scotland recently, designer? You see that gorgeous purple one? Too bad, you're not the all hallowed 36C. You love that wonderful navy blue one? Too bad, the smallest they go is a 34. Yes, I know I could go online for this, but I HATE bra shopping online. It's always a guess and it's an iffy guess. I shouldn't fucking have to, either. All I ask is that you carry a single solitary bra in my size in the styles you carry if the manufacturer makes it. If someone else beats me to the punch, oh well, but at least me and my large boob, small chest ladies aren't outright ignored. Why do so many women wear the wrong bra size? Because we aren't given the fucking option. If you aren't between a 32A to 40DD, good fucking luck. And if you have a small chest, you better hope to god you got small tits. If you got a large chest, you better hope to god you got large tits. It doesn't matter where on the scale you fall, you better hope your nipples aren't in an anatomically correct position, otherwise, you fall out of anything that's not a gramma bra. I should go into business making REAL bras for real women, not mannikins with no nipples. I'm fucking tired of 3 part bras with inner seams (hi, itching and chafing), bras that I pop out of if I so much as breathe wrong, bras that make me look fucking Amish, push up bras not being labelled as such, underwire that stabs me, lace that itches, bands that can't hold the weight, and stitching that can't hold up. Add in underwear for women who don't like their ass hanging out, but don't like granny panties, and I could make a fucking mint.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• My mother in law just asked if I had lost weight, because my waist and hips look smaller. Oddly enough, I really haven't, but I've noticed the shrink in the mirror. I'm going to chalk it up to summer weight shift and getting back on the wagon. Mostly. Aside from the occasional rice.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm still pondering the thought process behind putting a plastic clip on a front-closing D-cup...
                                Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Working...
                                X