No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the thyroid thing he put me on. It's not actually a relative of Armour, but it is an herby blend that helps the thyroid do what it should do. Ashwaganda, Bacopa, and bladderwrack (including 1200 mg iodine daily.) This is the adrenal support/ back up blend he has me taking so that the adrenals can do their job and back up the thyroid. It may be hogwash placebo, but it's a hogwash placebo that has my body fooled. (I don't really think it's a placebo, though, given what ashwaganda and bladderwrack are known to do for the thyroid.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Bladderwrack makes my hands warm up. Don't think it's hogwash...
      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Yeah, I agree. This is the first time since my thyroid went wonky that my feet haven't been cold (excluding being outside in high summer.) You know me. I'm ALWAYS cold, unless it's over 80*F. And my feet are cold unless it's over 85*F. I'm the person that wears a short sleeve sweater in the summer to the office. I've been breaking out my sundresses already! Hell, I slept half the night with the sheets down around my hips (a far cry from burrowing into them with only enough of a crack for fresh air.)
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Work wants me to start working overtime so we can crunch these projects out the door. Seems people neglected to look at the group calendar when setting up due dates and now April's slammed. Because of having to work late, I'm going to really start hammering the preplanned dinner idea, down to actually nailing down what we're having day to day. (It's usually 4 dinners planned and we pick one each day, with one reserved for leftovers or going out.)
          Lunch: Tuna/ chicken salad (made with yogurt in place of mayo), raw veggies, sausage, fruit
          Monday: Crock pot chicken and 40 cloves, red potatoes, salad (Mondays are always hell, so we go as easy as possible.)
          Tuesday: jambalaya, to use up the rest of the chicken
          Wednesday: Phillies/ Phillied veggies
          Thursday: spag or leftovers
          Friday: spag or leftovers

I can definitely say that these supps are working. I haven't been cold at all this weekend, not even my feet! That, more energy than a New Age love fest, and a mental clarity I haven't seen in quite a while, with no pain or mental issues. This is while only eating half heartedly primal, so I should be a sobbing, painful mess by now.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yesterday was even less primal than my average Sunday. I did learn that noodles aren't tasty to me anymore, though.
            Breakfast is mug sausage quiche. Slept shiity last night, but still fully functional. I can get used to this.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• To quote Meg Ryan's mom in When Harry Met Sally, "I'm having what she's having."
              Georgette

Comment

• These lunch meetings are irritating the fuck out of me. I understand wanting a simple order and so ordering the same damn thing all around. Fried chicken ain't gonna cut it, especially not from the place that uses exclusively cottonseed oil. A wimpy little hamburger that's more bun than meat ain't gonna cut it. Sandwiches with more bread than anything else ain't gonna cut it. Seriously folks. I'm not doing this to be funny, and you know I won't eat wheat or fried food. Just order me a damned pathetic iceberg salad and we'll call it even. This "let's pick something and have it be a surprise" is bullshit.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Wow, all that rage for something I already had a solution for. Half tempted to delete that post.
                  Anyways, lunch was tuna salad (canned tuna, full fat yogurt, hard boiled egg, dill pickle, apple, pecan, dill weed, and cayenne) with broc, carrot, cuke, and sausage. The meeting was uneventful, which means next week's is likely to be a shitstorm. Working until 1800, at a minimum.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Insomnia 2 nights in a row. Not cool. Both nights, I was tired, but not sleepy and just couldn't sleep.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Any clues? Could be stress? Or supplements perhaps need adjusting.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Not sure. I haven't felt "normal" in so long that I could be going hyperthyroid and not recognize it..
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• In the 5 years since I bought this shirt, my forearms have apparently grown and my arms have lengthened.

(Or maybe only the sleeves to the shirt shrank. Either way, it's weird.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I've definitely had sleeves shrink before when nothing else appears to. Or maybe the whole thing shrunk and so have you?
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• I've already taken in this shirt once. I think that's where the shrink on the arms came from, because I had to adjust the armhole to match the new bust line. That and the washer/ dryer.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Glad your new supplements have you feeling better. My thyroid counts are all "normal" according to my doctor so she won't even entertain any kind of possible thyroid "issue". Definitely think there's some adrenal issues though. I'm wide awake at night when I should be sleeping (I don't feel tired until about midnight most nights) and can't wake up in the morning. I snooze until the very last possible minute, making our mornings rough...
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X