Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    $85!!! It's $220 for my car, $150 for Brad's car, and $165 for his truck!!
    Damn, I guess I won't leave Ohio anytime soon EVER. $85 is my guestimate. The last time I renewed the DL it was $25 or $26 and I believe it's $59 for the sticker. And we complain about paying for a sticker that is $59.

@Naiad, is "Fogging Molly" a take on "Flogging Molly"? That's one of my fave bands.
    Georgette

Comment

• Yes, she's a play on Flogging Molly. She fogs at the slightest thought of humidity. I love the band. "Rebels of the Sacred Heart" and "Drunken Lullabies" are some of my dance like a fool music.
      Texas isn't bad. $65 to register Molly (2010 Toyota Corolla) yearly, $20 yearly inspection (including sticker), and license renewal every 5 years for $24.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Avoid AZ like the plague then. It is something like $75 to register my 2001 Corolla. A new truck (F250 or the like) is somewhere in the neighborhood of $500+ I saw an Escalade once where the registration was like $650. It is nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          Yes, she's a play on Flogging Molly. She fogs at the slightest thought of humidity. I love the band. "Rebels of the Sacred Heart" and "Drunken Lullabies" are some of my dance like a fool music.
          Texas isn't bad. $65 to register Molly (2010 Toyota Corolla) yearly, $20 yearly inspection (including sticker), and license renewal every 5 years for $24.
          Ok, TX is fairly movable then. AZ could be out, but then again, we don't buy new vehicles ever.

I love Flogging Molly. They're from Columbus, OH. There's a station that I listen to here and they had this awesome DJ who passed away from a drowning accident a few years back. Anyway, on Fridays, he did this thing in the 5pm hour called "takin' calls" and he would have local artists in there to play music and stuff and it was just hilarious. At least once or twice a month, someone from Flogging Molly would be in. The big thing at the end was "The Beer Song". This just brought back a flood of memories. I miss that.
          Georgette

Comment

• MA is registration every 2 years, less than $50 I think, inspection every year for $29. I don't remember how much license renewal is, only had to do that once so far

I wonder if I'll ever have a flattering license picture. My first was me and my baby mohawk. I was grumpy when they took it and it's very obvious. The second was within the last couple of years and my face looks really flat & wide and I look pissed, again.
            Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
              I wonder if I'll ever have a flattering license picture.
              Not possible.... They have a built in "Criminal" lens in the camera....

Comment

• My passport photo is adorable though! It's a perfect capture of me in the midst of an angsty emo-punk phase as a 17-yr-old.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                  My passport photo is adorable though! It's a perfect capture of me in the midst of an angsty emo-punk phase as a 17-yr-old.
                  I will bet your passport pic WASNT taken at DMV.....

Comment

• I finally have an official photo id where I don't look like I want to shank the photographer. I still look irritated, but no longer murderous.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• In my DL photo from 2005, I looked like Garth from Wayne's World. That was when I weighed 276.

I've done what most women have done on their DL when they are bigger, I put my weight as 150 pounds. I'm just going to keep it that way for now.
                      Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        I will bet your passport pic WASNT taken at DMV.....
                        No, I think it was Walgreens. I might still have the photo kicking around somewhere. We had two sets taken (4 photos total, you usually send 2 in case something goes wrong, I guess) because we lost the first set, but then they showed up again after I sent out the application and such. I think it might be attached to the fridge at my parents' house still. I'll load it up for a giggle if I can find it.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• Oh, how I despise Mondays. Especially this Monday. Owner Boss is going to be up and jackassing because the city denied a drainage plan so late it got yanked from the plat meeting (for those who don't know, this is bad.) Means I'm going to get an earful in the meeting, even though we (I) turned exactly the format that had been accepted in the past and it was the city that denied it so late. I also hafta take my lunch today because I'll eat my hat if they actually have anything edible for that lunch meeting. I'll also wager that he ignores this other project that Boss and I will remind him on and then jump down our throats because it's been on the list so long. And he'll probably get hot under the collar about some well permit data that I couldn't get out the door until late last week because I couldn't find it or get any vendors to find it for me.
                          Add in zombie nightmares (thanks to every damn room at the in-laws last night being tuned to Walking Dead) and eating shitty yesterday... yep, today'll be awesome.
                          TMI note: My body has apparently decided constipation and hard BMs are the way to go until I can get enough probiotics in my system. Stupid antibiotics.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Well, that sounds like an excellent day you have planned there Naiad. Not.

Comment

• Sorry. Sounds like a rough day coming. Excellent plan to take lunch. Hang in there.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm aiming to get the drainage resubmittal done before the meeting to head him off at the pass on that one. On that other one, I need to talk to boss and see what her plan of attack is.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X