No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owner Boss did something earlier that made me twitch (not visibly.) I had made a mistake on the plans because we were hauling ass to get them out the door. He called me out on it, which is fine. When I make mistakes, I learn from them. I was unclear on what he was calling me out on, so I was trying to explain my thought process in a calm, professional manner. He explodes at me with "GIRL... I mean, lady, look here" and then proceeds to actually explain my mistake. I get it, I look young. Yes, I probably appeared dense while he was being unclear. That doesn't give him the right to do what he did. I'm going to ignore it for the time being until I can figure it out. It's not the first time he's made little "slips" like that, but this was the most egregious. I'm used to west Texas. Everyone is Honey, Sugar, Sweetie, or Babydoll. I get that calling women "girls" isn't that far behind us. But there's a difference between vernacular and what felt like almost a slur (I'm not sure he meant it that way, but that's sure as hell how it felt.) I can't run it up the chain, he's top of the food chain. His name's on the freaking building.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Ain't it a bitch to be a woman in business in the South these days. I keep running into issues I remember my Mom talking about and think really, it's been 25++ years, what the hell? And then I realize where I am and what I am saying. Oh well, I hope you can cope with it since it is the owner. Or build a relationship where you can be frank about how being called that makes you feel uncomfortable.
      My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• I think today I'll try to stay off the boards. I'll do a quick check in at breaks and lunch, unless my plans change, in which case I'll see you after work.
        Dinner was fajita salad and 3 bites of a bean burrito.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Have a good day.

As for male owner dude, yeah, that is not cool. I salute your restraint in not punching him in the throat.

Then again, I was told today that I sometimes say inappropriate things in front of female employees. My response was (honestly) that I do not have female employees. I have guards - not male guards and female guards. Apparently, I may have to start watching what I say. Lovely.

Comment

• Hey, my first spammer in the new journal! In honor of that, and because Tyche is getting crowded, I'm offering you a free, mandatory, one way pass to Vulcan or Cereberus! Now go. Your flight's about to leave and the penalty for missing it is death.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Sooo...the penalty for missing the flight is basically the same as the results of catching it?

Or am I not supposed to let them know that?
              Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• No, if they're smart enough, they might survive a few minutes. Maybe. Then again, these are spammers.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• GODDAMMED MOTHER FUCKING FATHER STABBING PIG!!!!!
                  Son of a bitch pulled me over and gave a $145 ticket for an expired inspection sticker and then grilled me on why I was so damn nervous, which didn't help my anxiety. Doesn't he have a drug bust to go attend to or some other way to meet his fucking quota than to check the corner of my fucking windshield?!
                  Bastard.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Ugh, I'm mad for you. Okay, that sounds weird. Anyway, I totally sympathize with your anxiety. $145 seems way too high to me!

Hey, that was your 11,111th post! That's kind of awesome.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• I also now know my fight or flight response: I wanted to beat the shit out of him for giving me that damn ticket. I'm still furious and still shaking. I can get it dismissed if I can get her inspected in 10 days.
                      As for the anxiety, he asked me why I was nervous and I told him the truth: it was one of the first times I'd been pulled over and I have an anxiety disorder. He kept coming back to that question like he thought I was lying. I'm not lying, jackass. I have an anxiety disorder and a long standing distrust of "authority."
                      That post number is kinda a silver lining, though.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Is it hopefully a fix-it ticket? Where you just get the inspection and then take it in and they cancel the ticket?
                        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Blargh, what a jerk.

I'm glad you can get that dismissed though. Have some tea or something to aid in the calming?

Oh btw, I found out why Tazo is so hard to find! They changed the packaging & brand design. I couldn't find Calm at WF, but found most other common flavors, including Zen.

Wish I'd taken a screenshot of the post count. I'm a nerd .
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• I'm borrowing an office right now while they fix my system, but I do have KE tea in my desk drawer. I'll run and grab that.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• That is the total suck. One plus for Ohio, vehicle inspections are not a law here.
                              Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                                It could be just as much fun to pour sugar on the ground right outside their gas tank and watch them freak out.
                                hahaha I like this.

Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                                Is Geek receptive to doing something about his snoring? The least invasive thing is an oral device that will help keep his airway open. I've actually slept with one myself in order to find out what it feels like, and it is not bad at all. The downside is that it might not help. There is, of course, the land of surgery and CPAP machines. But snoring = cutting off airway = not enough oxygen = changes in blood = bad things done to the heart over time.
                                True dat... my husband has sleep apnea and a CPAP. His CPAP was recently calibrated after a recent sleep study... but hubby doesn't use it... why? b/c it's missing a power cord... Said power cord is $12 online, or FREE at the local medical supply store b/c they have had some donated to them... why won't he use it? Sheer laziness... so I spent lots of nights on the couch while he's shortening his lifespan...

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                                Unfortunately, the reason he snores is allergies. He's allergic to West Texas. He had a great allergy medication at one point, but it got pulled from the shelves for some stupid FDA testing or historical test or some such bullshit. He's waiting for them to decide if they even want to do the testing. In the meantime, he's on 3-5 different allergy meds and those are nearly useless when the wind is high. The oral device may not help if he can't breathe due to inflammation. I have him taking zinc and Vitamin D now, so hopefully that starts helping him soon. he's also talking about getting allergy shots, if he can stay home long enough to get through them.
                                What about nasal Omnaris for the inflammation? The stuff works amazingly well. Last summer, not sure if you'll recall or not, I was having MAJOR sinus issues. CT Scan, threat of roto-rooter surgery, etc. I opted for the Omnaris as a trial option (to avoid surgery). 1 week later, all sinus symptoms had vanished. It might help relieve the inflammation in Geek while he takes other allergy meds that help to prevent the inflammation. Steroids can help too. I hope he finds relief soon.

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                                That is the total suck. One plus for Ohio, vehicle inspections are not a law here.
                                Iowa has no such requirement. Thankfully. I can barely afford to register the danged thing every year!

Re: dog (sorry forgot to click the reply checkbox)

THAT IS AWESOME!! Hosing the dog down is freaking amazing! I love it! Now, if only it would dip to freezing temps when he does it... then he'd REALLY learn.
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X