Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by canio6 View Post
    So my habit of looking skyward, shaking my fists, and yelling, "Khaaaaaaaaan!" doesn't work?
    I just starting talking like the dad from A Christmas Story. Damn. I knew Khan would be better.
    Georgette

    Comment


    • Clint's grandfather was an engineer for Boeing back in the day and I would have to figure that is where Clint gets his mechanical and electrical skills from.
      Georgette

      Comment


      • Some of the best "engineers" I know have never seen the inside of a college campus.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

        Comment


        • Today has been one long anxiety attack. Deadlines, idiot clients, and now something dangerously close to a panic attack.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

          Comment


          • Yesterday and Friday were lost causes due to stress and wanting to "treat" myself. I started out great and then lost control at the end of the day (froyo Saturday, a gluten palooza at a Chinese joint for dinner Friday.) Starting today fresh and trying again. I can breathe now, thanks to the abx and have the energy that comes with it. Well, that and enough sleep.
            Onward ho.
            (And I'm not talking about the young lady standing on the street corner.)
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

            Comment


            • There's going to be a PrimalCon in TX O.O

              When does the East Coast get some Primal love? Not that I would ever be able to afford attending, anyway. They have got to come up with a more affordable option for local people to attend!

              Enough sleep. I can get down with that. I slept about 14 hrs this weekend.
              Depression Lies

              Comment


              • Feck, it's in Austin. No place to crash except a hotel. Doesn't sound all that appealing either, aside from meeting other primals.
                Just spent time with boss being all friendly and so forth. It is nice having a female friend. Had Five Guys for lunch: bunless bacon cheeseburger with Cajun fries (the smallest version.)
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

                Comment


                • Yeah, it's the meet & greet that I'd mostly be interested in. Bummed that I couldn't do the Ancestral Health Symposium when it was up here at Harvard U. I think that was last summer or fall. Tickets were not very expensive and I could've taken public transit over! But there were also some really interesting panels, from what I saw. I don't think they're doing it over here again anytime soon.
                  Depression Lies

                  Comment


                  • THat sucks, Tasha.
                    Breakfast was/ is an egg thing. Sauteed baby kale and spinach and bacon chunks (pre nuked) with 2 eggs cracked over it, then I flipped the whole damn thing and cooked it until transportable.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

                    Comment


                    • Glad something nagged me to pack my lunch. Idiot boss decided today's lunch meeting would have pizza. I, on the other hand, will be having madras curry over steamed baby kale and spinach with a side of hot wings and bleu cheese.
                      (I LOVE my bento jar.)
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                        Some of the best "engineers" I know have never seen the inside of a college campus.
                        That was Clint's grandpa. He was good at what he did and loved it.
                        Georgette

                        Comment


                        • If the neighbor's want to play petty vengeance, let's go! The assholes left their floodlights on all night, so the dog started barking under my window at every leaf and twig at 530 AM. I did the most civil thing I could thing of at 530 AM after being awakened in a Nyquil induced haze and sprayed the fuck out of the dog with the hose in freezing weather. i wanted to sabotage their vehicles, kill the dog, or [most of all] kill the owners, but I decided to be polite and train their dog for them.
                          Last night was blacked fish with pico and french fries. Hungry this morning because I didn't eat the tortillas that the fish was wrapped in (the amount of actual fish in those tacos was pretty damn piddly for a breastaurant.)
                          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                          My Latest Journal

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                            I did the most civil thing I could thing of at 530 AM after being awakened in a Nyquil induced haze and sprayed the fuck out of the dog with the hose in freezing weather. i wanted to sabotage their vehicles, kill the dog, or [most of all] kill the owners, but I decided to be polite and train their dog for them.
                            I'm sure I am going to hell for this, but damn, that made me laugh.

                            Sorry for the shitty wakeup Naiad, but wow, remind me not to piss you off.

                            Comment


                            • Honestly, if the owners weren't little chickenshits and would actually train their damn dog not to bark, we wouldn't have this problem. You seem like the kind of person to respond to a polite "Your dog woke me up at 3 AM barking under my window this morning, can you please train him not to," not hide in your house and not respond to any form of reason. Once or twice, or if the dog shuts itself up after so long, or even if the owners are trying, it doesn't bug me as bad and I will ignore it until it resolves itself. These assholes are the kinds of fuckheads that believe Fwuffy is ohsopwecious and must never ever be discipwined at all. They just don't care. I'm half a breath away from putting a brick through their big picture window or shooting out their damn floodlightss. Maybe sugaring their gas tanks. I just don't want to escalate the war.
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                                Honestly, if the owners weren't little chickenshits and would actually train their damn dog not to bark, we wouldn't have this problem. You seem like the kind of person to respond to a polite "Your dog woke me up at 3 AM barking under my window this morning, can you please train him not to," not hide in your house and not respond to any form of reason. Once or twice, or if the dog shuts itself up after so long, or even if the owners are trying, it doesn't bug me as bad and I will ignore it until it resolves itself. These assholes are the kinds of fuckheads that believe Fwuffy is ohsopwecious and must never ever be discipwined at all. They just don't care. I'm half a breath away from putting a brick through their big picture window or shooting out their damn floodlightss. Maybe sugaring their gas tanks. I just don't want to escalate the war.
                                Well, I get up at 3 am so my neighbors should too, right?

                                Luckily, our dog seldom barks, which is good because I believe dogs are like children and should be seen and not heard. Reason number 30 why I don't breed.

                                I love my dog, but gheesh, wtf happened to common courtesy? I'd call the cops next time.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X