Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakfast was sausage and cheese with a side of "who gives a fuck?"
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      Breakfast was sausage and cheese with a side of "who gives a fuck?"
      Barak Obama, that is who. Okay, I have no idea if that is true, but eh.

Sausage and cheese is good. TGIF and all that Naiad.

Oh, and thanks for all the stuff Engineers have done. I'm kind of a fan of many things y'all made possible.

Comment

• I'm happy it's Friday. Hell, I may bypass dinner altogether to pass the hell out, depending on what I eat for lunch and how zonked I am.
        I'm trying to see the happy side of this. I really am. At least I have a job. At least I can go see a doctor when I need to, even if our insurance is suddenly gonna SUCK come March. At least I can do site grading even when brain dead, unless it has actual topography. I have a husband, family, and friends that love me, even when I'm being a total reclusive bitch.
        Thanks for the engineer love, Jon! Most people seem to think what we do just kinda appears outta nowhere and needs no maintenance (just ask the people who want more but refuse to pay for it.)
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I love engineers. They are some of the coolest and smartest people I know. In a lot of ways, you guys make life a lot easier for all of us.
          Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
            I love engineers. They are some of the coolest and smartest people I know. In a lot of ways, you guys make life a lot easier for all of us.
            True that.... we can thank engineers for nifty things like doors and windows so we can get in our houses (cuz climbing down the chimbley is a serious biach!), and for cars so we don't have to shovel horse poo out of the city streets anymore.... and for street sweepers to sweep up the horse poo, and LOTS of other niifty things!

Comment

• Thanks y'all! Sometimes Catchall Engineers (Civils) get no love (hell, we get plenty of hate) because what we do tends to be stuff people feel entitled to or invisible or both. Especially in my branch. There was something a friend of the family had posted in his office:
              When you flush your toilet: thank a civil.
              When you have a road to drive on: thank a civil.
              When your home isn't a lean to: thank a civil.
              When you have running water: thank a civil.
              On the other hand, if your HVAC breaks, blame the electrical.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

When you have a road to drive on: thank a civil.
                so who do I blame for traffic and bad drivers?

Comment

• Gubmint, tax payers, and idiots.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

Gubmint, tax payers, and idiots.
                    So my habit of looking skyward, shaking my fists, and yelling, "Khaaaaaaaaan!" doesn't work?

Comment

I get 6-7 hrs restful sleep and it's not enough because I'm asking my body to dig for resources it doesn't have to heal my sinuses AND meet deadlines AND eat right while accommodating Geek AND be a grown up (cleaning up after dinner, insurance decisions, yadayada) when all I want to do is sleep for 3 weeks.
                      Pfffft. I generally say to heck with the being a grown up part. The stack of dishes just keeps getting bigger, though...
                      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                        So my habit of looking skyward, shaking my fists, and yelling, "Khaaaaaaaaan!" doesn't work?
                        Not unless Khan is the accountant in your city...
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                          Pfffft. I generally say to heck with the being a grown up part. The stack of dishes just keeps getting bigger, though...
                          I generally do, too, aside from keeping a semi presentable house. But insurance decisions and such can't exactly be put off.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm feeling a LOT better and less murderous now that I've gotten that set of plans to drafting. I hate arbitrary deadlines.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I know some really short-sighted engineers. I have very little patience with them. But I also know some bomb ones. There are good people, and there are bad people. You seem like a badass engineer who would be a dream to work with . My dad is also a badass engineer, IMO. Mechanical, to start with, at Boeing, and then got into software.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• I like to think I'm easy to work with. I'm generally easy going. That said, I do enforce certain standards and requirements that can make it difficult (I won't sign someone else's work, I won't make a decision on a project that I'm not involved in, I tend to default to the legal requirements when I'm unsure on things that could get me in trouble, that sort of thing.)
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X