No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to hear about your sister, but honestly, if I had a parole hearing coming up, I'd find Jesus, Budha, Cthuhlu, and whomever else might make me look safe enough to let out. Hopefully she gets she shit together without joining a cult. BTW you didn't fail shit. You are her (slightly) older sister, not her mom.

Comment

• Cano, I'm hoping that's what it is. I still don't trust her- she's a poisoned well. She'll hafta do better than finding god to fix that.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Tough thing with the sis. I have a pretty rocky relationship with my sisters - we are such different people and we have all failed each other in visceral ways. We are trying to get to the point where if one of us dies, the others won't feel like there is too much stuff unresolved. Don't know if we can get there!
        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I honestly think I'd have mixed emotions if she croaked- partially relief and partially grief. I want to give her another chance, but every chance I've ever given her has blown up in my face. Twice burned, three times scared. I may write her a generic letter via my parent's address (I don't want her knowing where I live) and see what happens.
          I think my body now responds more appropriately to sugar than it once did. I had half a medium Blizzard and a slice of cheesecake this weekend. Both times, I developed a hell of a headache. The one from the cheesecake is still there. Neither was over 40g of carbs total. If that's not incentive to stay away from sugar, I dunno what is.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• The headache finally cleared off after Aleve was taken during the afternoon.
            Had a taco salad for lunch (minus that infernal fried bread bowl and the nasty olives) and chili dogs for dinner (well sausages topped with chili.)
            Today was hectic as hell at work. I'm now fielding customer calls as well as doing my job. I don't like it. I like it when my phone doesn't ring because then I don't hafta deal with the public and clients directly. I also worked a few miracles and managed to stop time, nothing major. Glad the day's over.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I think that you are smart to make contact with your sister through you parent's address. You certainly couldn't fail to parent someone who is not your child. I'm sure you did all you could for her as her older sister. Keep being cautious, I think what Canio said is probably true.

On another note, I would like to personally apologize for all the clothing woes that you are experiencing due to joining the lchf group. Congratulations.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks, Paula. I've written the letter, but I'm not sure on whether I want to send it.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• One of my sisters died in 2008 (I still have three) and to be brutally honest, I was glad. I was tired of the drama. I was tired of the way she hurt my mom constantly. I was tired of her horrible kids. She abused herself terribly and it is amazing she lived as long as she did. She was horrible to me as a kid, she was horrible to me as a teenager, she was horrible to me as an adult. I know she must have had some good qualities, but I never saw them. My other sisters are okay. Not my favorite people in the world, but they are my sisters and they are not bad. So maybe there is some sense in the universe that the 'bad' one died first and gave the rest of us a chance to change things at least a little. We all live thousands of miles apart, which makes it easier!
                  My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I'm honestly starting to get a little worried. I'm having problems getting above 1400 cal,or hell, even hitting 1300 cal most days. Unless I start making fat bomb shooters and ignoring my hunger, this could become an issue. My cyclical eating is also gone (2 days low, 1 day eating the paint off the walls, repeat). I miss it kinda like you miss a scar- it was always there and now it's not and you keep looking for it. That was how I kept my calories in check naturally, except my hungry days just aren't showing up anymore. WTF?
                    Dallas also isn't keeping their drama on their side of the state. Mom just had to tell me about how one of the dogs got hit by a car and has broken pelvis, "but it'll be ok in a couple months." I really don't give shit one about the dogs there. Hell, of all of their menagerie, I can think of two I'll actually miss when they're gone, and they're both cats that are getting older. And I really didn't need a text about the dog getting hit. Mom still hasn't figure out what you text and what you call about, in terms of propriety. Granted, I would've had to've find a way to politely tell Mom to can it, because I really don't care or need the stress and I was swamped at work. She seems to live for drama some days, much like her mother did. It's a large part of the reason I live half a state away. Close enough I can get home quick in an emergency, far enough away they don't bother me about petty shit or "drop in" for visits.
                    Last edited by naiadknight; 02-11-2013, 10:09 PM.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Happy birthday to me. In years past, this would've been an excuse to "let go" and eat junk all day, to hell with my diet. Since it is now officially for my health, and I want at least a couple more, I will instead eat right and try to avoid harming my body further. (I can't say I'll turn down birthday cake, but it'll be a sliver instead of most of the cake.)
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Happy birthday! I hope it is a good one

Comment

• Happy birthday! Enjoy your day!

Comment

• Happy birthday! Gonna have a birthday steak?
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Thanks, y'all! Yes, I'm intending on steak tonight, be it at home or out.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Happy Birthday, NK.
                                May you have many more healthy ones

Comment

Working...
                                X