No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was in the bath? When I read about "detox" baths, they recommended getting out VERY slowly and making sure to hydrate before, during, and after the bath. Also not to do anything remotely strenuous for a little while after. I think it's a blood pressure thing, though I'm sure some would say it's the release of "toxins". Not sure I buy that.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Water was all that was in the tub prior to me rinsing off. I wonder if it was bending over after the hat water that did it? For the hot tub, I was bending over to get my swimsuit off the floor, and for the bath, I was putting the dishes away. Neither of those are exactly strenuous.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Could be. In that case, it would definitely be a blood pressure thing. I imagine that hot water might somehow deplete sodium?
        Depression Lies

Comment

• I dunno about the hot water, but I know sweating would. I was sweating while I was in the tub, and I don't have much sodium to lose, so that makes sense.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
            ... for the bath, I was putting the dishes away...
            I would just take this as a good reason not to put dishes away. Maybe not to wash them, either, just to be safe!

Comment

• Dinner at the in laws was actually right in macros, if you don't think on the velveeta too much. Broccoli cheese dip (eaten as soup) and wing. I'm not sure how much glaze was still on the wings after baking, but it couldn't have been much, so I'm not counting it. I'm still 11g under my carb limit for the day, so I'm not worried.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Today's gonna be a hard one. I only got 4:50 hrs of sleep, I hafta drop Geek off at the airport again, a full day of work, including the manager's meeting, filling up the water jugs, trying to make my water aerobics class depending on whether sleep or work out wins. If I actually find some energy, I've got some cleaning I want to do tonight.
                I'm thinking more BP tea and garlic sausage for breakfast.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Whatever your form of hope and positive energy are, send 'em toward my boss's dad. They found what may or may not be cancer around his ear and throat lymph nodes.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                    Whatever your form of hope and positive energy are, send 'em toward my boss's dad. They found what may or may not be cancer around his ear and throat lymph nodes.
                    Sending prayers and positive thoughts their way. A friends mother has been going through the same so I know how rough it can be.
                    Georgette

Comment

• Sending good thoughts of the 'not cancer' variety

Comment

• Just FYI, Abuelo's has a GF menu that looks pretty good. Something that involves bacon, shrimp, and jalapenos looked rather tasty.

Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Hoping your day got better. Praying for your boss's father.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Me too

Comment

• Lunch blew me out on carbs. More specifically, that tomato basil soup blew me out on carbs, as did that mayo (how the hell does mayo have carbs?!) Unfortunately, tuna salad and tomato basil soup were my best options today.
                              My day's going. I'll be a lot happier in 3 hours.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Tonight will be an experiment involving inside out enchiladas. No grains involved, VLC if I play my cards right. Ooh, I even have some leftover asado sauce (read: red enchilada sauce) in the fridge. Score!
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X