Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
    NK, I hope the hypoglycemia stuff passes. If you've got bone broth, or can make some, make sure you get in a mug a day? The folks doing HFLC are using bouillon to help mitigate carb flu stuff, but bone broth works fine for some folks.
    And if you don't have any bouillon to add, you can add a tbsp of salted butter. It's the electrolytes that are needed.
    Georgette

Comment

• Fitbit arrived!
      Had crab alfredo (steamed king crab, alfredo sauce) and caesar salad for dinner.
      I think it'll pass. I need to pull out some of the broth and thaw it.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Crab alfredo sounds amazing. I've been having bone broth daily and have noticed my nails and hair thickening up. It's odd but cool
        Georgette

Comment

• Crab was on enough of a sale to make me willing to buy it, and alfredo sauce is a damn easy way to get fat in. The caesar salad was a last minute addition because I needed a veggie.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Breakfast is 2 links of garlic sausage. The fitbit seems to think I run hot (I've been awake a little over an hour and it's claiming I've already burned 300 cal) but we'll see what it says by the end of the day. I fucked up the sleep tracking, so I'll see what that says in the morning.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Ah, there we go. Apparently, I created 2 accounts and had logged into the wrong one. Slept 6 hrs 20 min of 7 hrs in bed. Including the tossing and turning to get comfortable and the 330 AM bathroom break, that's not bad.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Wait a cotton picking second! I'm warm. All of me. In the office in a thin short sleeve shirt. I don't feel sick. Matter of fact, I've got energy to burn. My allerigies aren't bugging meeven though the wind is kicking up out there. I'm actually sweating, and not nervous sweat. anxiety and nerves seem not to be bugging me. WTF?! I guess SOMEthing's working.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                  Wait a cotton picking second! I'm warm. All of me. In the office in a thin short sleeve shirt. I don't feel sick. Matter of fact, I've got energy to burn. My allerigies aren't bugging meeven though the wind is kicking up out there. I'm actually sweating, and not nervous sweat. anxiety and nerves seem not to be bugging me. WTF?! I guess SOMEthing's working.
                  First sign of the Apocalypse. Right?
                  Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• It's gotta be. I don't even have a sinus headache, and the wind's blowing 50 mph straight from the north. I'm still freakishly warm. This would be... what, Conquest?
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Global Warming..... it's gotta be Global Warming...

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        Global Warming..... it's gotta be Global Warming...
                        Where's Al Gore when ya need him?
                        Georgette

Comment

• Having tilapia, broccoli rabb, and green beans smothered in chile (damn, forgot the butter.)
                          (Yes, this is another nuke a meal.)
                          Should probably drink some bone broth afterward and add some salt to it.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner was shrimp and veggie scalfredo. Did water aerobics after work.
                            Shrimp and Veggie Scalfredo
                            1/2 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
                            2 tbsp butter
                            1 cup thawed frozen veggies (I used broccoli normandy)
                            1/2 c heavy cream
                            1/4 c parm sawdust
                            6 cloves garlic, minced
                            Heat 2 tbsp butter in a pan until bubbling. Add 6 cloves minced garlic. When that's fragrant but not cooked down (approx 1-2 min), add 1/2 c cream and 1/3 c sawdust parmesan (the stuff in the plastic container.) Throw in your meat and veggies of choice (I used shrimp and thawed frozen veggies) and cook (stirring every few minutes, until it's all happy and cooked through. Pour into a bowl and devour.
                            Serves 1
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                              Dinner was shrimp and veggie scalfredo. Did water aerobics after work.
                              Shrimp and Veggie Scalfredo
                              1/2 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
                              2 tbsp butter
                              1 cup thawed frozen veggies (I used broccoli normandy)
                              1/2 c heavy cream
                              1/4 c parm sawdust
                              6 cloves garlic, minced
                              Heat 2 tbsp butter in a pan until bubbling. Add 6 cloves minced garlic. When that's fragrant but not cooked down (approx 1-2 min), add 1/2 c cream and 1/3 c sawdust parmesan (the stuff in the plastic container.) Throw in your meat and veggies of choice (I used shrimp and thawed frozen veggies) and cook (stirring every few minutes, until it's all happy and cooked through. Pour into a bowl and devour.
                              Serves 1
                              I have shrimp! Sounds like dinner in a few nights.
                              Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Didn't sleep well last night with Geek out of town, and the fitbit agrees. I fell asleep in 10 minutes, true, but of 8hrs 15 min in bed, I slept 7.5 hrs and woke up 14 times.
                                Breakfast again. I'm thinking spinach and eggs.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X