Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geek travelling again this week?

Nice idea with the lox. I'm still on the fence about dairy, thinking I shouldn't be eating it except for occasional treats. Small amounts seems so harmless, but you never know what it's really doing to my gut. Anyway, bagels and lox are a thing that just works, so take away the bagel and it still sounds excellent.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Yeah. He'll only be gone until Wednesday night (hopefully.) I'm trying to look at it as getting to eat food for dinner he wouldn't touch, like crab. I'm only partially succeeding.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        Yeah. He'll only be gone until Wednesday night (hopefully.) I'm trying to look at it as getting to eat food for dinner he wouldn't touch, like crab. I'm only partially succeeding.
        Scrambled eggs with crab is the bomb...

Eggs
        Crab (not the fake crap)
        Creme fraiche or Sour Cream
        Chives

Slowly cook eggs. When about 2/3 done add crab. At the end add 1 TBS creme fraiche or sour cream - stir gently. Add chives (chopped) right as you pull it off (stir one last time)

Comment

• Pfft. Screw that. When I eat crab, I eat CRAB. I already bought my pound of wild snow crab ($5.98/lb) and shrimp for tonight. Gonna eat it with homemade chile, salsa, and possibly some fauxfredo (cream cheese instead of parm) sauce.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

Pfft. Screw that. When I eat crab, I eat CRAB. I already bought my pound of wild snow crab ($5.98/lb) and shrimp for tonight. Gonna eat it with homemade chile, salsa, and possibly some fauxfredo (cream cheese instead of parm) sauce.
            Yes, but then you could eat crab for breakfast and dinner. Just sayin'

Comment

• We'll see if there are leftovers tonight.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Fuck, I just realized the secretary hasn't wandered by asking about lunch. That means the boss decided we're having pizza or hamburgers for lunch at the meeting. I'm really hoping for hamburgers, even if they are piddly, because that beats the hell out of nothing or a pile of iceberg lettuce.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• It was burgers. 1/4 lb patty, assorted veggie toppings, mustard.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• That was lucky with the burgers, I think. Whatthefuck, you don't eat pizza? You a commie or sumthin? (Yes, someone at work actually said that to me with no trace of irony or humor.)

Crab...lox...doesn't get much better than that.
                    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I like smoked salmon with garden veggie cream cheese. Now, I ned to buy some this weekend. YUM!!!
                      Georgette

Comment

• I honestly don't know what I would've done if it were pizza. Hoped for a crappy salad, I guess, or gone out for food after the meeting.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• An odd thing I've noticed: my metabolism kicked over or this adrenal fatigue recovery thing is exacerbating any hypoglycemia issues I'm having. I'm freaking starving by each meal, not eating as much at meals (makes sense, 3 meals instead of 2), and getting kinda shaky (new), but not mentally foggy or grouchy or headachey (common issues before), if I don't eat. I seem to have more energy and it's a more even energy. It could also be my version of carb flu, because I've never really stayed this low for more than a few days.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• A friend asked me over for lunch the other day, along with several other women, to discuss a community thing.
                            When we sat down in her dining room, a platter was set before each of us with 2 really thick (beautiful) slices of pizza and a very nice salad. I ate all of the toppings off with a fork, oil and vinegar on the salad, crusts left intact. Someone asked why I ate it that way, I said, I don't eat bread anymore. It was very good, almost like eating pizza for real. She had strawberry shortcake for dessert, I declined, but she insisted on packing it up for DH and he really did love it.

Since going primal, it amazes me that I don't feel deprived anymore. It used to be a huge problem for me, resulting in a pissed-off funk of a mood for the rest of the day.

Comment

An odd thing I've noticed: my metabolism kicked over or this adrenal fatigue recovery thing is exacerbating any hypoglycemia issues I'm having. I'm freaking starving by each meal, not eating as much at meals (makes sense, 3 meals instead of 2), and getting kinda shaky (new), but not mentally foggy or grouchy or headachey (common issues before), if I don't eat. I seem to have more energy and it's a more even energy. It could also be my version of carb flu, because I've never really stayed this low for more than a few days.
                              I was like this when I did the leptin reset. It's a really odd but kind of cool feeling.

In regards to the pizza, if they would've ordered pizza, I would just eat the toppings off with a fork and knife and go from there. Maybe also see if a salad could be ordered? I ordered a stromboli for dinner and ate the guts out of it.
                              Georgette

Comment

• NK, I hope the hypoglycemia stuff passes. If you've got bone broth, or can make some, make sure you get in a mug a day? The folks doing HFLC are using bouillon to help mitigate carb flu stuff, but bone broth works fine for some folks.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X