Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
    Dammit. I "splurged" on flour torts last night.
    I hope you are less bloaty soon. Can you actually find the ones made with lard there? Recently, everyone here has switched to vegetable oil, even the Mexican ones. It hurts my soul, but I guess gives me a reason not to eat them.

Comment

• I'm still looking for corn torts that are just masa, not masa +6 chemicals and a preservative. Hell, even the local tortillerias use the farking preservative. I need to run by the Marquez factory again, I seem to recall they had relatively decent torts.
      I found a family that still makes 'em the old way, but I can old beg my mother in law so many times for tortillas. I eventually need to grow a pair and have her teach me to make them right.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• That is a useful skill. I think I am just too lazy to bother. Sad but true.

Comment

• Today just keeps getting better and better. I appear to have developed an earache. It's only intermittent right now. I'm hoping it's just the fog, as the pain in my jaw tells me this isn't an infection but inflammation.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I get ear aches that I think may be heart burn. I've never had classic heart burn, so I suspect that this is how it presents for me. Maybe your upset tummy?

Comment

• I'm figuring ear/ jaw aches are my body's first signs of inflammation and being unhappy with a choice I made.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oh, I had terrible earaches as a kid, any wind and it would hurt like crazy.
                Nothing helped like heat. My mom would continually warm bath cloths, hold against my ears, and it worked great.
                Does anyone have a hair dryer at work? That might help.
                (DH and I put the hair dryer down our pants when we get cold, warms our legs in no time flat. )

Comment

• Up until primal, I was guaranteed at least one screamer earache a winter. My ears produce wax like nobody's business and then it gets impacted and infected. Going primal fixed the infections, seemingly, but they're sensitive enough that any systemic inflammation appears there first.
                  Heat would help, but even hot wind makes it worse. I would kill for a heating pad.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                    Oh, I had terrible earaches as a kid, any wind and it would hurt like crazy.
                    Nothing helped like heat. My mom would continually warm bath cloths, hold against my ears, and it worked great.
                    Does anyone have a hair dryer at work? That might help.
                    (DH and I put the hair dryer down our pants when we get cold, warms our legs in no time flat. )
                    Judy that made a very funny picture in my mind.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                      You ever wonder how some of those Darwin Awards start out...? We was cold, so I put a hair dryer down my pants... the sensation was pleasant, so I went with it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                        You ever wonder how some of those Darwin Awards start out...? We was cold, so I put a hair dryer down my pants... the sensation was pleasant, so I went with it...
                        and here I thought it was, "The bathwater wasn't hot enough so he got the blow dryer..."

Comment

• Neither. She realized how good it felt on her head, tried it elsewhere, and burned a certain female pleasure point off.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                            I would kill for a heating pad.
                            Have you thought of putting bird seed in a sock and throwing it in the microwave? My wife makes the kind that fit over your shoulder and neck that she fills with bird seed, nd heat for about 2 minutes on high.... stays warm 20-30 minutes..... I'm new here but old and crafty....

Comment

• I thought you were going to suggest putting the sock in one's pants...
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm at work. If I were at home, I have a heating pad.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X