No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to hear about the car as long as no one got hurt, that's what really matters.

As a current finance manager at a Hyundai dealership and former salesman of both brands, I can vouch that both are definitely child seat friendly.

Most professional baby seat fitters are a little critical of some Mazda models for backrest angles and typically praise the Hyundai, but put it this way, I wouldn't let that be a determinant factor in my decision. The elantra in its current MD series has a wider back seat vs the BL series Mazda, so for multiple kids it is more friendly also.

The reality is both are very reliable, have a great safety rating and represent tremendous value.

Typically speaking, the Mazda will drive and steer a shade more nimbly than the Hyundai, but the Hyundai will usually have a couple more comfort or luxury features and benefits at the same price point.

But you've picked good brands, thank Jeebus.

Comment

• Ended up getting a 2013 Mazda3 iSV. I managed to get them to throw in an aftermarket cruise control installation for free AND swing a 1.49% interest on the remaining $5k the insurance didn't cover. Not a bad step from a 2010 Toyota Corolla.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• I did some research on blind spots in 2010 Corollas, just out of curiosity. People seem to agree there's a NASTY one on the passenger side front. Guess what side kept catching the brunt of the wrecks? Yep, passenger front. Somewhat relieved to know it wasn't (only) my peripheral vision. One thing they did state was the blind spot got worse the more you moved the driver's seat forward. I'm short, so mine was up almost all the way.
        I have noticed that it seems I can see more with the Mazda. Not just in terms of front view, but I can see more around me and the mirrors seem to have a better fisheye view than the Corolla.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Have you seen this, NK? How To: Adjust Your Mirrors to Avoid Blind Spots - Feature - Car and Driver

Comment

• I have. In this case, the blind spot was caused by the frame itself because of it's location.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yup, thick A Pillar. Also an Achilles heel on a ton of French cars (not that you'd want to buy them anyway).

There is quite literally nothing you can do with these, either the car compliments your physical geometry or it doesn't.

Comment

• Dammit. I went looknig at Softstar, thinknig I might get a pair for work. No luck. They don't make my size in adult and the kids shoes (that would fit) are too childish. I'm having similar issues with Zem, the size I would wear has A style.
                THe Sockwa G2, on the other hand, is extremely appealing.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• I know the problem with lack of height and blind spots in cars. I *always* test drive a car before I buy it to make sure it doesn't have those blind spots. Adjusting the mirrors right helps, but can't eliminate car structure deficiencies.

I wear Toms shoes when I have to "dress up" for work, they have women's sizes as small as 5. And some of their kid's shoes aren't bad looking, either.

Comment

• Toms are iffy. Because of the way they cut across the foot, the same size can either be luxuriously comfy or cut into my foot. I've actually had the best luck with Target's knockoffs of Toms. I rip the insole out and their actually pretty minimalist. Hmm, I may need to go hit up the Target clearance section and thrift stores again.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I FOUND IT! I found the allergy! I'm allergic to omega 6 fatty acids, to a certain extent. After digging and analyzing and digging and analyzing, I found a list that ranked foods by omega 6 amounts. Bam! It was the exact order of what causes my symptoms. Not only that, but it is usually caused by excessive consumption of omega 6 oils (usually in childhood.)
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• THe news of robin Williams saddens me. He touched my life more than he'll ever know, just as an actor.
                        Good Will Hunting helped encourage me to see someone about my depression and anxiety. I identified far more with Will than I'll go into here. I could also see Robin Williams releasing some of his demons in some of the more dramatic scenes and, while it was scary and saddening, it was also helpful to see a useful way to channel some of that painful energy.
                        His role in Dead Poets Society had something to do with my love of teaching. I'm not going to poke that sleeping dog yet, it's one of my favorite and most personal movies.
                        As the Genie, he helped me laugh my way through an ugly part of my childhood. That movie also helped me realize that even I could get out of Hell, if the Genie and Aladdin could.
                        In Mrs Doubtfire, it was the importance of family, even if that family is broken or messed up.
                        I wanted to meet him one day, not just to say I had, but to be able to see someone with many of the same issues and had seemingly learned to live with them.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I, like you, loved Robin Williams. It's almost like losing a member of your family. RIP good man. RIP
                          Georgette

Comment

• If somebody ever asked my favorite comedian, it would definitely be Robin Williams. I don't really go out of my way to watch comedy shows or comedian's recorded shows, but he was absolutely the best. There are many movies of his that I have yet to see.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• A very sad day indeed, but it does bring home the seriousness of mental illness. Hopefully others can learn from the tragedy and seek help. He will most definitely be missed

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                                A very sad day indeed, but it does bring home the seriousness of mental illness. Hopefully others can learn from the tragedy and seek help. He will most definitely be missed
                                I'm seeing a lot of people complaining that making people aware of what mental illness really is (an illness and not a bad mood) doesn't actually get people help. You know what? This is definitely one of those situations where awareness is a GREAT start. Reducing the stigma of mental illness will help improve access, IMO.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X