No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sulfites appear to fall under the same category as wheat: no true allergy, but not ideal either. In both cases, the post nasal drip comes back and my bowels swing to just this side of diarrhea. It won't kill me (truly or metaphorically), but it doesn't make me stronger, either. Best to stay away.
    Gods, I want a nap. I got all of an hour- hour and a half of sleep last night and I'm starting to wear down. I've managed to plow through a fair amount of studying and ironed out what I've forgotten or never learned to begin with. I may go take a siesta (set an alarm for a hour and 45 min from when I lay down) and see how I feel from there.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Took a roughly 3 hour nap. Had some real trouble getting up even after 3 hours.
      Along the same lines, I really didn't feel like cooking. I went and grabbed an astronaut chicken (rotisserie) and some safe tuna sushi. Came home and fire up the rice cooker with some rice and quick sauteed some kale/ spinach mix with garlic.
      I also finally found a way to saute greens without that tannic effect it can sometimes get. It was a very quick (just until it wilted) saute in garlic and coconut oil. I think the ever so slight sweetness of the coconut oil somehow canceled out the tannins.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Trying a version of bullet proof pu'erh today. Why not the real deal? 1) I don't have any good coffee in the house and won't go through it quickly enough to justify the price 2) dairy allergy, remember? 3) I'm using good coconut oil, not MCT. I did qhiz the hell out of it though, and it definitely tastes good.
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Interestingly, I've noticed I've had to start backing down on my Hcl dose since cutting dairy. I'm beginning to believe that it might be possible for all my various issues (except nasal allergies) to be related to my food allergy. If that's the case, and I can "make the food allergy fly" (ala A song of Ice and Fire), I MIGHT be able to clear up all my issues except nasal allergies. I'm half tempted to go in and get a free needle stick to see what my cholesterol looks like. (Or not, because needles.)
          I've also found that, despite not sleeping as much, I'm not really tired UNLESS I'm coming down from a caffeine high or shortchanged myself on sleep the night before. I'm running on roughly 4.5-6 hours of sleep most days and it doesn't seem to be fazing me.
          If I find out that I could've skipped all this health crap by cutting out dairy as a kid, I'm just going to laugh maniacally at Thanksgiving.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I did some research and realized I may have a true, albeit minor) wheat allergy. No, I don't swell up and die, but many of the symptoms I get relate to a true allergic reaction: itchy/ watery eyes, itchy ears, stomach bloating, minor throat swelling (I think that's what the post nasal drip that won't quit is), nasal and sinus swelling and congestion and asthma. I did a challenge over the past few days and that's the symptoms I've been having. I took Benadryl and it ALL went away.
            I'm also thinking about seeing if I can get away with dropping the prescription allergy meds for Benadryl. It's never seemed to make me sleepy the way it does for 95% of the population. It can help me sleep, if I want to, or I can just keep going. It doesn't really make me hyper anymore, either.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Jen die, go thud. I have a mild fever and fatigue. I'm kinda hungry, but really don't want to get up and cook. None of my leftovers sound good. Unfortunately, everything that sounds good are allergy/ comfort foods. What I REALLY want is a Breakfast Jack from Jack in the Box.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Have any eggs or something ham-like? Seems like you get sick a lot I hope this passes soon!
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Eh, usually it's something I did to myself. I'm actually not even sure this is a true fever or whether I actually have a normal body temperature for the first time ever and just didn't eat enough yesterday. I'm kinda leaning toward the latter. It could also be that I'm more susceptible to Benadryl fatigue than I thought. I think I'll crack out the eggs and have a sausage with them.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Craving absolved. I had fried eggs, chorizo, and smoked sausage. My body let me know that I had handled the craving when, 2/3 of the way through, the thought of taking another bite made me kind of nauseous. I think it was salt and fat I was after. Come to think of it, I think that's what a cheese craving has always meant for me: MOAR fat and MOAR salt. I rarely add salt to anything and have a hard time getting enough fat.
                    I also don't think I'm actually sick. Allergies, maybe, and a Benadryl hangover, but not sick. I definitely perked up after eating.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                      Craving absolved. I had fried eggs, chorizo, and smoked sausage. My body let me know that I had handled the craving when, 2/3 of the way through, the thought of taking another bite made me kind of nauseous. I think it was salt and fat I was after. Come to think of it, I think that's what a cheese craving has always meant for me: MOAR fat and MOAR salt. I rarely add salt to anything and have a hard time getting enough fat.
                      I also don't think I'm actually sick. Allergies, maybe, and a Benadryl hangover, but not sick. I definitely perked up after eating.
                      It's wild that I've sort of managed to catch on to a few of my body's cues. Fat is definitely something it needs. I should see about salt, as I know I don't get enough of that. :/

Glad you're not sick!

Comment

• Grr. I KNEW better than to eat the junk. I rationalized it as a challenge when it was something I already KNEW to contain at least one allergen. Now I have the headache, nausea, and fatigue that can only come from being poisoned. Why the hell couldn't I have had allergies to food I DON'T like. I'd be perfectly ok being allergic to eggplant, or radicchio. Why the hell'd it hafta be wheat and dairy?!
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I've made some realizations in the past week; some earth shattering, some not so much.
                          1) Serenity/ happiness has nothing to do with your surroundings, deities, or anything external. It's a self- serving decision. What would be best for ME, in the long run? Is getting angry at this going to impact my life beyond this moment? Is harboring hate going to do anything positive for my future life (I'm looking at you, retarded neighbor dog)? Is doing this happy but not good thing, like eating cheapo cake, going to be good for me in the long run? It's not necessarily one be- all, end- all, "things are going to change NOW, dammit" decision. It's tiny decisions over the course of every day that add up to one giant "things are going to change for the better" decision.
                          Some of those decisions will be hard, but well worth it. "Is switching from my trained career to one I think I've wanted my whole life worth it?" kind of decisions. Something's- gotta- give kind of decisions. Who or what is really running my life kind of decisions. For me, sometimes it comes down to a coin flip. Set it where it all boils down to going one of two drections and you will live or die by what the coin says. Flip the coin and give it a nice, high arc. Ignore what the coin says. What side did you desperately want to come up? That's what you need to do. If neither prospect inspired you, neither decision was the right one.
                          2) I have a minor true allergy to wheat and casein. What that translates to in real life is avoiding things that are obviously/ usually made with those things, like ice cream and cake, but not going out of my way to AVOID ALL THE THINGS. I suspect it was casein or a nasty combination of the two that caused many of the issues when I was a kid.
                          3) The subject cert test is apparently not as difficult as an AP exam, which is the level I've been gearing for. I'll probably do ok, even if I took it today, but I'm still studying my ass off just to make sure.
                          4) Sometimes, life makes you take a choice you never would have otherwise thought about and it turns out to be the best choice ever.
                          5) There is something about emotional pain that breaks part of you. In each person, what it breaks is different, but every person comes out the other side broken in some way. The trick is not to throw away that broken part (tried that one), or even spackle and drywall over it (tried that one too), but to fix it with jewels and precious metals as glue. Not literally, there are plenty of rich, broken people. I'm talking applying the art of kintsugi to your soul and your psyche. Use what is golden and silver linings in your life as glue for broken parts. Stud in jewels (nuggets of wisdom and love) for missing pieces. See, better than even before it broke.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• These are all great, but #5 made me smile.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Powerful insights. 5 is my fave as well. Maybe because it speaks to me the most?
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• #4 really resonates with me. Not just once, but repeatedly!
                                My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                                X