No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really thinking that a lot of my food allergy issues are with gluten/wheat. I've noticed just in this week that my joint pain is going down as well as my carpal tunnel pain. The carpal tunnel pain has been worse in the left wrist than the right. It would wake me in the middle of the night and I would hang that wrist over the side of the bed to bring circulation back. Now, it bothers me during driving and during over use I've also noticed that I feel happier as well. I'm not sure if that is due to getting rid of wheat/gluten or just taking my antidepressant daily. Time will tell.
    Georgette

Comment

• I am really hoping that's the case. It certainly makes things worse when it's around at least.

I used to get random pain in my hips and knees (would show up and leave totally at random, irregular locations as well). No idea if that was from gluten, being fat, or not getting enough protein/collagen, though I actually totally forgot about it as it's been so long since I've had any. Interesting.

Comment

• One thing I've noticed is I can really tell when I'm eating right. My TMJ doesn't act up, my hip and neck are fine, and the postnasal drip starts going away.
        Speaking of eating right, I'm really proud of myself this morning. I went to the monthly farmer's market here in town and didn't poison myself. I almost tried "enchilada sauce" before I stopped myself and asked what was in it. Who puts wheat in asado sauce? The farmers market was really more of a sugar and wheat fest. Cupcakes here, granola there, wheat infested adobo sauce over there, brownies here... I cruised the entire thing and got beef marrow bones, a bar of goat's milk soap, loganberry jam and a snack pack of almonds, cranberries, and pepitas. That was all they had I wanted. I got there maybe 5-10 minutes after opening and the eggs, honey, and veggies were all sold out.
        Anyways, I've been up since 7 and meditated, went for a run blind (forgot to put in my contacts after I meditated and was already going when I thought about it), gotten a shower, went to the farmer's market, and eaten a breakfast of 3 eggs in coconut oil with tomatoes and the aforementioned jam. Now to clean the kitchen and bathroom before I take my nap.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner was freaking amazing:kebabs and poppers. More specifically, kebabs of marinated meat (heart, chix tit, and sirloin) with bell peppers, onion, garlic, chayote squash, and grape tomatoes; chorizo pappoppers (precooked chorizo and potatos, stuffed in a jalapeno, wrapped in bacon, and grilled), with green onions cooked in the same tray as the poppers.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Nice, cut the pork because it is bad for the pinal gland.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• I appreciate the unasked for advice, but you might want to actually read more than the last post before making random comments. I damn near clicked you off as a spammer.
              Last edited by naiadknight; 07-12-2014, 08:35 PM.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• This video means a lot to me. I don't care for the manufacturer, but the message is powerful.
                As a kid, I was puzzled by the phrase "like a girl." I am a girl. So's my mom. Of course we're going to [whatever] "like a girl." My mom was forward on her soccer teams when I was a kid. She ran and kicked "like a girl," and her team would often come out on top. Her goalie dived with the best of the guys, none of this " I might break a nail" crap. When I was forward on my middle school team, they called me Mouse. "Small, quick, and ready to kill anyone that gets in her way."
                Girls where I lived grew up tough. They had no choice. It was run, shove, and fight with the boys or live in fear. Growing up in the ghetto/ barrio meant you worked hard and you played hard. I've known many young women from similar areas to stand up to a cat call with answers like "it ain't yours," or "did I ask your opinion?!" Many from areas like where I grew up not only carry knives and guns, but know how to use them. "Like a girl" meant "to the death," because if they had to use it, it was either death or rape staring them in the face.
                For me and those like me, "like a girl" means taking no shit. It means "better, stronger, faster, go, go, go!" I had a high school martial arts teacher tell me I "punch like a girl, but kick like a mule. Are you afraid of breaking a nail?" When I told him I was more afraid of breaking a knuckle, he showed me a proper fist. I damn near broke his rib when he sparred with me next.
                When people hear "like a girl", they don't hear what I do. What they hear is "like a ninny," or "like a dumbass." What I hear is "better than everyone else."
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Coconut cider dressing? That sounds intriguing...

And I doubt any Vegans would be seen around these here parts...
                  "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                  -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• The coconut cider dressing is actually really easy: virgin coconut oil and cider vinegar, to whatever portion makes you happy.
                    I've started experimenting with a no- poo variety that should actually should be (extremely) hard water friendly. Honey poo. You read that right. Cleaning your hair with diluted honey. Dilute it, mix it, scrub it into the scalp, and rinse. Then hit the entire length with diluted ACV and rinse.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I have begun to be unkind when I hear people say things like "I can only do girl push-ups". I say, "You mean KNEELING push-ups?" Because they are just one step onto full push-ups, nothing wrong if you can't do them on your toes, and the implication is that girl = weak. Fuck them.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Aww, somehow I missed that beautiful post. I've had no doubt you're a strong woman, but I had no idea you had to grow in such circumstances. I'm sorry about that...!

Somehow I converted all the shit that happened to me into introversion and feelings of inadequacy... Go figure.
                        "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                        -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• I'm really proud of myself today: I've finished week 2 of C25K on time. Two weeks of "running" (running/ walking) is 7 times better than Ive ever done before (running flat out for one session and saying never again.) I seem to have found my stride at 6 mph- not awesome, but roughly twice my walking speed. My sprint speed seems to be closer to 200 bpm, or closer to 12 mph. No real asthma symptoms when I remember to breathe right. I have started developing this nasty side stitch about 3/4 of the way through, but I think that's because I keep exhaling when the same foot hits the ground (always my left foot.)
                          Now to take a shower and the rest of my pills, eat breakfast, and go to HEB before I study.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I've done something similar with "girl push ups" and "girly weight." "Do you mean [knee push ups/ rehab weight]? Because I don't use those, and I'm a girl."
                            Meaty, I don't talk about that part of being a kid often. No point. Past is past, done is done. I do attribute at least part of my strength to growing up with a lullaby of drive-bys and a rallying cry of "you wish!" to "fuck you!" I do think it would be a boon to mankind if there were a mandatory summer exchange program between the richer and poorer neighborhoods.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Funny -" like a girl" always as meant the same to me. I grew up tough fighting the boys as well, but it was in suburbia. Looking back though, there were predators all around us even then. I tease my daughter the same way as she is tough as nails herself. She's working on a ranch in the mountains this summer and loving every a$$ kickin minute of it!

Comment

• Glad to hear that about you and your daughter, Mudflinger! I'm glad there are still parents raising their kids without gender barriers.
                                Breakfast was chorizo con huevos y papas ( chorizo, eggs, and potato for the nonSpanish speakers), as well as cherries, a banana, salmon (with bones, as a calcium/ omega supplement), and 2 brazil nuts. Based on missing nutrients, tonight needs to include greens, sweet potato, leftover heart, leftover sirloin, and a bell pepper. Looks like I'm having a stuffed pepper for dinner.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X