No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a confession some of y'all might find amusing. My butt's too big for underwear in my size. Even wearing the longer boyshorts, my crack is on display. I have yet to find a variety (in my size) that covers all of my butt and doesn't leave a panty line. I'm not willing to wear gramma shorts (the belly suckers), either. I've learned to tolerate it, and with this latest variety, they stay out of my ass and cover all but 1/2" of ass on the top.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• 136,902 views. Either my board is really interesting to the google trawler or I have a lot of silent lurkers. Ollie, ollie oxen free, you can come out now to at least say hi!
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Victoria's Secret would have you believe that part of your ass is always suppsed to show. My husband especially loves the cheekini style for me. They are not comfortable or flattering to my parts.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• My husband's favorite variety is me going commando, and, barring that, the boyshorts I love. I can't stand anything that'll crawl up my ass inside of half an hour, or even worse, a part of it belongs up my ass. Were it not for zippers and seams, I probably would go commando far more often.
          The grill is shiny again! Score one for Pinterest. I dusted off 6 months of dust with a wire brush, went after it with oil first to loosen or remove all the grill grease, then went after it with Dawn and water to get off the oil and shine it (and keep the dog from licking it- dumb dog.) I also reswept the back porch, because of the aforementioned 6 months worth of dust and some the dog drug in.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Those damn center seams need to die in a fire. I'm a fan of the boyshort style as well. I am too cheap to buy new underwear, but most of mine are too small thanks to bicycling-ass.

When I can get away with it, I wear Hulky's boxers. They are so damn comfy. I'm honestly tempted to get boxer briefs.
            Depression Lies

Comment

• I used to swipe an ex- boyfriends boxers. I've contemplated getting several packs for myself, but I think that excess fabric would not be my friend.
              I got an interesting comment yesterday from Mentor. She seems to think I've redistributed some of my body weight from my belly to my muscles. Looking in the mirror, I think I'd agree with her. One thing I have noticed, and I'm not sure it's a good thing, is that the points of my collarbone on my shoulders are sticking out much more now than they used to, or at least in a more noticeable way.
              I've also noticed I'm actually tanning this summer, as opposed to burning. I think I've only burnt once, and that was when I mowed in the afternoon. Not bad for someone whose skin used to bun at the mere thought of going in the sun.
              I've also been trying a new "face wash," and it really seems to be working wonders with my dry skin. Even my little worry line between my eyebrows is vanishing, and I've had that since my teens. It's just honey. I wet my hands, put a small dollop on them, rub them together the warm the honey, and smear it all over my face, eyelids too. Then I rinse it off with water and I'm done.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm a boy shorts fan also. There de-lurking

Comment

• I like boy shorts or hipsters. I do tend to go commando, especially when working out. This way I don't have to deal with wedges. Since I've gained 50 pounds, I've had to purchase all new undergarments which sucks. Bras are a pain to find. I'm a 42/44C now. Other than Lane Bryant, I have no clue where to get them from. My 15 year old prefers ass splitters aka thongs. I make her do her own laundry so dad does not see them. I don't even want to see them.
                  Georgette

Comment

• No comment on the undies, as I am still fat enough to the point where my butt is proportional to my hips. Wait, that's not fat, that's just broadass hip bones to go with my broadass rib cage and shoulders. Oh well, as long as they both match? Because my clothes never will lol. Swimsuits? Fine. PANTS AND SHIRTS? Fuck me.

On Chilies, I'm willing to bet they dust their sweet potato fries in flour, to make it crispy. I've heard of other places doing that. I'm really not looking forward to American restaurant food. I even went out and had tomato soup once because it was the only possibly safe thing on the menu. HUGE gluten reaction that same night. American grocery stores and farm stores/markets, I can't wait. Over seasoned, over sauced, over done American restaurant food? Not so much.

Comment

• I'm really starting to shy away from restaurant food, especially with Texas' obsession with dairy and the American obsession with wheat and soy.
                      In other news, I think I came down with the gunk. Fever, fatigue, light headed. Almost passed out at the store trying to find a quick, safe dinner. Found it though. Chicken and wild rice soup and two cans of organic tuna curry rice.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Through sheer stupidity and/ or dumb luck, I've demystified my second (third if you count sulfites) food allergy: casein. I was making ghee earlier, and discovered that the none oil bits (i.e. casein and salt) were REALLY tasty. Through a giant stupidity gap the size of Texas, I forgot about my elimination test and WHY I was making ghee and ate as much of the salt/ casein gunk as I could. Bam, throat gunk, nausea, headache, and insomnia, as well as some bathroom irregularities and enough gas that I could put myself in orbit.
                        Hopefully, that's it. It's hard enough having those 2 (3) as it is.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Further confirmation that casein is probably my main enemy: the food migraine has attacked with a vengeance. So has it's accompanying nausea and exhaustion. Oddly enough, the taste of straight casein + salt is the one I associate with popcorn butter, which was usually one of my worst triggers.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Just had eggs fried in virgin coconut oil. I don't know what my beef was about it before (the smell, I think?), but it was really tasty this time. Together with a banana, it was the only breakfast I could stomach, and the coconut oil smell was offputting until I got the eggs in there.
                            I know I'm going to miss dairy. There's a reason I haven't given it up until last resort. Cheese, butter, cream, kefir, yogurt.... It's ok. I'll find stand ins and other loves. But not having pizza or enchiladas or alfredo sauce... that's gonna be rough, especially until I break the dairy opioid addiction.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm actually pretty terrified that my gut issues will progress and I'll developed more allergies to some of my staple foods (eggs and dairy!). That would be awful as right now they're some of the most nutritious foods I can get. That's my #1 biggest motivation for avoiding wheat despite telling everyone first (and usually only) that it gives me cystic acne. It's ridiculous, but people understand that one, whereas if you tell them it makes you feel like shit, they think you're making it up. Frustrating.

Food is both something I'm looking forward to and dreading the most about returning to America. It's gonna be rough.

Comment

• Supposedly, many gut issues derive from undiagnosed or untreated food allergies/ sensitivities. Maybe your allergy was wheat, and getting rid of all gluten forms will start the process to curing your gut.
                                I may be getting Geek and Evil to not want to go out to eat. We're grilling tomorrow and we grillled last week. I might make something inside next Saturday. Eating out is the hard part of a food allergy anyways. Now to train MIL. She seems to be grasping it now that it's framed as "doctor made me" and "food allergy."
                                One thing I haven't mentioned has been my flirting and then relationship with biphasic sleep. Geek has been as well, but in a different manner. Mine has been the siesta variety (1.5 hour nap in the afternoon, 4-6 hours at night) and I'm actually really liking it. It's been really helping me out. I'm trying to shift the two sleeps to something that will work for the school year, probably something like 1230-630 for the main sleep and 1700-1830 for the nap, since school let's out at 1610 and tutoring will likely only last until 1645 a couple days a week.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X