No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoot it with an airsoft pellet every time it barks. Pain might be the only stimulation that dog understands.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• As much as I'd love to, I think the neighbors would probably call the cops on me for hurting their poor preschus baby, even with just an airsoft. I don't need a domestic on my record, especially not as a teacher. It might also count for firearms discharge in the city (even though it's technically not a firearm), which is another reason I won't do it.
      Interestingly, my weight and belly puff have gone down since Sunday. I'm not sure if it's the running or finally getting the o36 to closer in line (1:5 to 1:3 most days) or dropping the olive oil in favor of coconut oil and butter. I'll keep it up and see.
      I think the hip thing fixed itself (or the sun salutations fixed it.) No pain today, after a run yesterday.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Ran again today. Week "1" day 4 of C25K. First run in the better part of 20 years without an asthma attack. I think I was on to something with repeating it until I got it right. I even forgot to take my morning Dulera dose this morning and still got away attack free. Didn't even have to walk in the middle of a running cycle, either. Not bad for a holiday I normally would've not exercised on, especially since it's humid (for us) and in the low 90s.
        Now for my eggs and studying.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner was fanfuckingtastic. Vegans, prepare to avert your reading eyes.I had grilled ribeye, grilled shrimp, grilled garlic sausage, mixed greens with a coconut cider dressing and tomato, another tomato, and a HUGE (1 lb) potato with lots of Kerrygold and cider vinegar. Even better, I hit 3:1 o6: 03 dead on AND most of my nutritional targets. Still low on iron (I guess I didn't finish enough of my steak), calcium (troubling, I'll explain why in a bit), Vitamin A, and Vitamin E. Thankfully, my weekly supplement rotation takes care of all but the iron and calcium, and I generally eat enough red meat that iron isn't an issue. The calcium worries me.
          Through trial and error, I think I might have found the allergies that are the major roots of evil: casein, gluten, and gliadin. Translation: wheat and dairy. If this actually is the case, then you can see why the calcium is worrying. Before you say "just drink more bone broth," I've done some research on that. According to several studies, not enough accessible calcium leaches from the bones to the stock and stays there, even with vinegar and extra time, to be the "be all end all" for calcium. At most, 200 mg per liter, and that's at the ideal time and temperature. Most preparations have closer to 100-150 mg. Kale and spinach have it, but I'd need to be eating a cubic ton of the stuff on a daily basis (we're talking 10 cups of greens) to hit the RDA.
          Last edited by naiadknight; 07-05-2014, 08:11 PM.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Do you like sardines? Buy the brisling ones with bone and skin, get the best flavor, vitamins, calcium and nets you some O3.

Comment

• Hmmm. Forgot about canned sardines and salmon. Thanks RR. Time to stock up on those.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                Hmmm. Forgot about canned sardines and salmon. Thanks RR. Time to stock up on those.
                Nom nom.

Comment

• I'm actually not sure how I feel right now. A former student that I grew somewhat close to (as close as I felt comfortable with the allegations that were flying last year) has effectively asked me to be her mentor through college and possibly beyond. While I'm honored at the request, I'm not confident in myself to do it well or right. I know, mentally, I'll do it well enough. Convincing my mind and my past is another animal. "If it's not perfect, I fucked up," is the cry of my anxious mind and of my past. I know that I'll never be perfect, neither will anything I do. Ergo, I've fucked up before I do anything. You can see my dilemma. I know it's a false dilemma. But I'm still unsure about helping guide a young woman with already known anxiety issues and mental differences (I hesitate to use disorder for dyslexia and ADHD.) In a way, I'm suited for it. I have anxiety; I have several mental disorders myself, I am in her preferred career path. I'm just not sure about myself as a guide.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Quick Q: are you the only mentor she has approached? Why not accept with the caveat that she should seek out a second mentor so that your blind spots are covered?
                    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• She had one before she asked me. I think she came to me specifically for the things I actually know about: teaching, anxiety/ depression/ working through a learning disorder, and getting through college. Had she not already had the general mentor, I would not have said yes.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Was reading your goals and thinking I have it easy with the weights part. After all, I have to lift myself around!

Comment

• I went to HEB today and spent more than I intended. It was within my budget, but not by the comfortable margin I prefer. But, we did need the cleaning supplies and I wanted the brazil nuts as an experiment.
                          After that, I put everything away and went for a run. No asthma attack. I did have to stop running (walk) for a few seconds about 3/4 of the way through, but it wasn't because of my lungs. My body pretty much cried foul on climbing that hill yet again. I body brushed and took a cold shower with eucalyptus and lavender oil afterwards. My peak flow after the shower was nearly 450, which is awesome considering my goal is "435 or higher." I think Wednesday I'll ramp up to week 2.
                          Made a breakfast of a can of sardines, 3 eggs over easy in Kerrygold, and two tomatoes.
                          Studied for a few hours after that, then took a two hour nap. (Sunday nights almost always require a nap.)
                          Made a Thai scampi for dinner: rice stick noodles, butter, lime, garlic, leftover shrimp, bell pepper, green onion, and tomato, with sriracha. Went for a walk after that, and fed the dog.
                          Rather proud of today.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• As of right now, I've crossed three things off my daily list and one thing off my "I don't wanna" list. I've meditated outside, gotten sunshine without glasses or contacts (helps reset the circadian rhythm), did my yoga out outside, and swept the Monahans dunes and Hill Country out of my back patio. The dirt was pretty bad, to the point that I was scooping it up by the shovelfuls to return to the yard. I also accidentally rearranged the back patio into a much more usable configuration. I need to fix that screen door eventually so we can close it and have an actual screened in porch, not just a partially screened in porch.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• The best part of a sweet potato hash isn't the hash itself. It's all the crunchy burnt bits stuck to the pan.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I think I did something yesterday to flare my thyroid symptoms pretty badly. Insomnia, ear throbbing (which means heart palpitations), throat gunk, badly shifted circadian rhythm, unhappy gut. I figure it's one of two 3 things:Chili's glutened me, sweet potatoes (I don't think it's that),or something else. I think it's that Chili's glutened me. The thing that should have been safe (unbattered fish, sweet potato fries) may have had it on there. When I checked later, neither were on ANY of their allergen free lists, so either cross contamination was an issue or they do something dastardly with their seasoning blend. Hell, maybe they floured the fish and the sweet potatoes. Acually, rechecking their lists, I think the fries might have been left off due to cross contamination worries. The fish is "safe" for nut allergies, but not dairy, soy, or wheat?! Bastards. Dairy might have been butter, so I'm not worried there. Why the fuck did they need to abuse that poor fish with flour and soy?
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X