X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope you get an answer soon and that it is a relatively good one. *hugs*
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Thanks for all the love and reassurances, guys. I'm trying to relax and live in the moment. As Mentor said last night, "I didn't know about this 24 hours ago, why am I letting it take now's serenity now that I do know about it? Nothing has changed save my knowledge of it."
      I'm really trying to concentrate on my posture, especially sitting and standing. I figure at least some of that lower belly pooch must be bad posture. Oddly enough, and I don't know if it was the hip flexor exercises last night or what, but I can really feel them contract as I sit today at the laptop, and not in a good way. I need to get a good look in the mirror at my standing posture (later) and see what my Gokhale book says I need to do.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Blah. I must be a masochist if I'm gonig to keep up this C25K thing. Then again, I think I found some of the endorphins this running thing is supposed to give you.
        Managed to complete, although not perfectly. I had to walk a jogging cycle because my lungs said "NO!" and I forgot my inhaler again. I think I managed to walk off/ work through an asthma attack with deep breathing and concentrating on releasing my diaphragm. I think that I would've done fine if I had found my stride earlier. Once I figure out what a jog was, for me, my lungs started cooperating, even started trying to push through the asthma while I was jogging (unheard of for me.) It took a few cycles for me to realize that a jog isn't quite the full stride, slow run I thought it was. It has a different physiolgy/ kinesiology to it. It feels more like almost a hobbled run or a prisoner in chains run. It's not, because it's halfway between a walking stride and a flat out sprint stride. It still felt slow and hobbled, but it was what I needed and I'm used to running being only a flat sprint to beat the devil.
        I think tonight's dinner will be heart/ liver meatballs, tomato sauce, and spag squash.
        I think today's movement will be a deep clean of the kitchen and laundry room, to include cleaning out the fridge, running the dishwasher through a cleaning cycle, and wiping down/ dusting EVERYTHING, including the top of the fridge cabinets, and top of the cabinets.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• When I first did the C25k thing (note that I never made it to the 5k mark), I started to enjoy it much more after I got through the first week and a half or so. Maybe two weeks. It took some effort to find the right pace for me.

I'm not good at finding running music and I think that's because I tend to try to run to the beat, which screws up my pace. Maybe it's time to find some audio books. I tried listen to Game of Thrones last year, but it was too hard for me to follow (aurally).

Suggestions for cooking heart? I spotted some at the grocery store yesterday and wanted to buy it, but no idea how to start.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• We usually do it one of 3 ways: chopped up in stew, quick sear on the grill (don't take it past medium), and in meatballs.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I think I've earned my current 30 minutes of downtime. Ran, sun salutations, dusted the kitchen (including the top of the fridge and cabinets), cleaned and oiled the cabinets, cleaned the counters, stove, dishwasher, and window, cleaned the blinds, did dishes, put dishes away, cleaned out the fridge and cleaned the interior, took out the trash, cleaned the fan blades, swept and mopped both the laudry room and kitchen, cleaned the stove hood vents, attempted to do laundry, mostly fixed the washer when it clogged (waiting for FIL to get here to help me put it back together- I just don't have the strength to hold up the front panel AND put a fiddly little screw into an eensy weensy hole at the bottom of the panel), AND cleaned up the deluge of water from the washer clogging.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Verdict: Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Nodules are indicative of that and no concern. Way to make it better and possibly cure it: no wheat, no soy, no sugar, no caffeine. Fuck.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• sweetness, those are all doable! after a month or 2, you won't even think about it!
                  "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                  -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• I know it's doable, but restaurants just got a whole hell of a lot more problematic.
                    I think I'm going to drop low FODMAP, temporarily, and concentrate on those 4. I think I'm also dropping all supplements except Vitamin C, B-12, magnesium, niacin, coleus, and ashwagandha. Simplification is a good thing.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• why r u keeping those? i'm taking b12 but not sure what for
                      "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                      -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Those are ones said to be excellent for Hashimoto's. The Vitamin C is one of those to help with antioxidant release.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Not cancer though right??

Comment

• Well, that's not good. I wonder if my so-called "hypo" symptoms are coming form just not eating what I should. I am consistently eating below even maintenance. Not because I'm "dieting," but because I eat until I'm full and then I'm done, which usually falls around 1000 cal, give or take a few hundred. Time to go find a way to take in more safe calories. Because of the cleaning and C25K thing, I'm actually in NEGATIVE calories, not even factoring in BMR.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Nope, not cancer. Autoimmune hypothyroidism.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• So. Good news? I think it is, but I need to check.
                                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Working...
                                X