No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just took a eucalyptus shower, neti'd myself with eucalyptus and oregano oil, and put eucalypts oil, oregano oil, and olive oil in my ear, along with taking a few turmeric pills. THat should take care of this headache and sinus gunk.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• *fingers crossed*
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Something took care of it, anyways. I woke up with a whirlwind of energy and much less gunk.
        I've cleaned the house, studied most of a chapter, dropped stuff off at the post office, and hit the HEB for Geek's birthday dinner. That's not counting the laundry I have going to degunk and refluff the towels.
        I had an omelouti (half clafouti, half omelet) for brunch with strawberries, blueberry kefir, and blueberries. It was tasty.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I think I really am giving up the ghost on primal. It served me well in getting me where I need to be, but I think I've found what I need in a low FODMAP diet. I'm still going to be eating a whole food based diet. I'm still avoiding most grains and legumes (except corn masa, white rice, and possibly quinoa.) I'm still avoiding the PUFAs where I can, but not raising hell about it. In short, I'm still kinda-not-really paleo, with different restrictions.
          Dinner will be beef and liver meatballs with spag squash and a homemade tomato sauce. I'll probably be snacking on the meatballs throughout the week, as this recipe will make approximately a cubic shit ton of meatball for just one person.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm making my way towards low FODMAP to see if that helps some of my issues, but I haven't really been primal for a while now. I don't really care about the diet labels anymore. It's a hassle to explain how I eat to anyone anyways.
            Depression Lies

Comment

• I only say Paleo b/c that's as easy as it gets to say "whole foods, no processed garbage, moderate dairy, low carb, blah blah blah". Paleo is much easier, but that doesn't really fit the description either. Titles suck.
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Yeah, they do suck. Low FODMAP is relatively easy to say and a bitch to explain. I generally say "meat, fruit, and veggies." I can usually pick off what I don't want. I'm still trying to cope with the lack of garlic and onion. I can still have it, just in a different way.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• I miss Geek. Bad. HORRIBLY. I hate that he has to go out in the field. I hate that he hates it. I miss him every minute he's gone, and it's made exponentially worse when I'm not out of the house at work. There's only so many distractions, especially when so many are things we do together when he's home. I know I should study and do all these other things, but it feels like my heart's been ripped out and flung somewhere else. All I want is my husband. I don't even want kids if it's going to be like this for them too.
                  I wanna pull an all nighter, crying my eyes out and watching bad tv. Except I don't, because I want to sleep my way to Friday night when he come home. Except I don't even want to do that, because there are surely things I can get done and take my mind off it.
                  In reality, I'm sure I'll survive and get things done. I may not be at my happiest, and I may be lonely as hell, but I'll make do,as I have so. MANY. FUCKNIG. TIMES. I could go spend time with his folks, but I'm afraid of breaking down over there as well. I know they wouldn't mind, but I would.
                  I just miss him. I want him here, in my arms, wiping away my tearsm and telling me he'll be home the rest of the summer. Even if he's just sleeping off a week of 18 hour work days, at least he's here to curl around me.
                  I know he's not dead. I know he'll be back Friday. That doesn't change the pain.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Better today. Emotionally exhausted, but better. Still kinda zonked. May take a nap. (Yes, I just got up, quiet, you.)
                    I feel like life is trying to beat him over the head with a lesson and I'm catching the fallout. grr.
                    I'm thinking I may move my doctor appt up, if I can. I hate being hyperthyroid, probably worse than I hate being hypothyroid. My weight dropping like a brick (roughly 1/4 to 1 lb per day) doesn't make up for ALWAYS being hungry (and usually HONGRAY) and ALWAYS being hot. My mental space has fallen. My attention span has worn thin. And this goddammed tinnitus needs to go the F away.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• *RUNS IN SLOW MOTION LIKE A DOG IN HEAT*
                      *POUNCES*

Naiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdd dddddddddsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*humps leg*
                      "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                      -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Hi, Meaty!
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                          Hi, Meaty!
                          Anti-climactic response! And here I was, putting myself out there, humping your leg ;D
                          How've you been?
                          -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• You failed to note me tripping over you while you were humping my leg. ;D
                            Let's see, since we've last talked...
                            I've gotten a dog, switched careers (teaching HS physics and robotics now), figured out what was wrong with me, gained 10 lb, lost 15 lb (at 120 lb now), nd done a lot of bitching and moaning. If you want the REALLY long version, read through this journal.
                            I see you've made a few discoveries and gotten a guy! Yay!
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                              You failed to note me tripping over you while you were humping my leg. ;D
                              Let's see, since we've last talked...
                              I've gotten a dog, switched careers (teaching HS physics and robotics now), figured out what was wrong with me, gained 10 lb, lost 15 lb (at 120 lb now), nd done a lot of bitching and moaning. If you want the REALLY long version, read through this journal.
                              I see you've made a few discoveries and gotten a guy! Yay!
                              I'm gonna have to read through a hell of a lot of journals here...

I've been going to read journals made by people who were posting here before. Some of them seemed to be on the right track all along... I'm gonna have to take notes!

I guess we both got pets ;D
                              How's your guy?
                              It's wonderful you're teaching! You need to use your clue bat to impart wisdom on the young and stupid ;D
                              May they be less numb skulled than I...
                              -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Geek's ok.
                                While I'd love to use my big blue spiked clue bat of Doom (tm) on the kids, admin frowns upon blood spatter, so I'm having to find other methods of imparting knowledge.
                                Just got back from a 6 month appt with my physician. She seems to agree my thyroid has gone hyper and wants to check the labs, just in case. I did ask for thyroid antibodies, too. She seems concerned about my thyroid itself. When she went to tough my throat near it, while it wasn't painful, it sure didn't feel like it should. Kinda like how an inflamed but not painful thing is: it doesn't hurt, but you can sure as hell feel them prodding it and would rather them not. She wants to check my thyroid ultrasound records and possibly have me get another one. Oddly enough, my temp is right where it should be.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X