No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low FODMAP is going to be the next tackle. I'm going to do an intro SCD thing for about a week, then start reintroducing only low FODMAP foods.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• RR- they make betaine HCl pills to help raise the acidity of the stomach. Those seem to help me.
      NW- That might be a good way to do it, especially as wonky as yours has proven it can be.
      In terms of probiotics, I try to have either some (lactose free) kefir, some kombucha, or a homemade pickle each day. I'm really bad about remembering the potato starch prebiotic though, though.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Naiad,

Your journal, aside from having the most badass subtitle, has some pretty good information! I can't pretend to empathize on any of the emotional or mental struggles from your original post, but I love how you have experimented with different forms of dieting over the years. I actually had to google FODMAP after reading this last page to have any idea what the hell you guys were talking about, but good stuff.

Thank you for continuing to post and keeping a lot of your posts informative.

Battle on water nymph,
        - Jim
        Last edited by Jimmus Prime; 06-09-2014, 04:56 PM.
        Please feel free to follow my journal, unless you're seeing this link IN my journal... That's quite the paradox! I promise to keep my content up to date, honest, and hopefully mildly entertaining.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107788.html

Comment

• Thanks, Jim! I appreciate the journal love. I figure that if my journal or struggles help even one person, then I'm doing something right.
          Last edited by naiadknight; 06-08-2014, 03:54 PM.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I think I may be onto something with this IBS stuff. I switch back to a low FODMAP diet and dropped 6 lb in 2 days and lost rough half the bloat.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I just realized how hippie my respiratory infection protocol is: long and excessively hot showers for the steam, steam cloths on the face, oregano oil neti-ing, sleep, bone broth, and hippie cough syrup with guaifenisin. I think I'll be able to avoid the abx if I keep this up, but I'm definitely not going to the allergist until it's gone.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Woohoo! Just got my car title! She is MINE!
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                  Woohoo! Just got my car title! She is MINE!
                  All paid off? Congrats!
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• Yep, all paid off.
                    Now to go through and pimp her out. I'm thinking rims, a lowrider hydraulic kit, and some neon. (j/k)
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Congratulations!
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks, Pebbles!
                        I got a massage for the first time today. Not sure I'm impressed. I think I have more of an issue with people touching me than I thought I did, because I kept thinking "where's she going? What's she doing now? What part of her body is she using now to massage me? What muscle is that she's working on?" I know you're supposed to be relaxed and all that, but I couldn't shut up the little worried voice. I did manage to get some muscles released, but for me, it wasn't all it's cracked up to be. The facial and hand/ foot stuff, on the other hand, was divine.
                        Got myself some Denny's after that and wasn't too impressed by the skillet, either. It was mediocre at best, but it was low fodmap, shut up my gurgly belly, and I didn't hafta cook.
                        Down to 122.4 again after the slip up Friday at the in-laws.
                        Rescheduled the allergist appointment to July 2 when I realized I'd been forgetting to track food and peak flow levels, as well as couldn't shake the cold (allergies?) yet. This gives me a month to track both of those before I go in to him. Maybe he'll okay lowering the dose level of my meds if I can make that happen.
                        Have my half yearly checkup with my main doc on the 23rd. I love her, but occasionally, she can get a little uptight when it comes to numbers. We've been butting heads on the cholesterol for a while now. She wants me on statins; I maintain that it is a symptom that we haven't fixed the thyroid meds all the way yet; she says my TSH and T3, and T4 levels are fine so pfft. I think I'm going to ask for a few more tests this time (antibiodies, RT3, and FT4) and bring up the low FODMAP thing in case she has any ideas. She'll probably refer me to a GI doc (oh boy) and wash her hands of it, at which point I'll accept her referral and see what my allergist says (he tends to be a bit more openminded and I'll likely see him before the GI doc appt anyways.) I'm not expecting much out of a GI doc other than pills I won't take and some uncomfortable tests.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I think I'll try and finish up the direct lessons for my cert today before I head off to Midland. After those, all I have left are my "internship projects" and "field studies" before I can take the test, both of which just require filling out paperwork. I'm aiming to take the physics test at the tend of the summer and the PPR not long after that.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• TMI (female and bowel)
                            My cycle changed, and not in a happy way. It now seems to be heavier and MUCH more painful at the beginning. My PMS is much more painful than it was. I used to get a single warning cramp about 24 hours before I started and that was it. Now I get more of what it's "supposed to be" for a full 48 hours around my start. I also haven't gotten my usual looser/ easier stool around the start either.
                            /TMI
                            I've also been getting hotter a lot more often, even accounting for summer. Summer shouldn't explain why I kick the sheet off when I was usually burrowed under the blanket in previous years. Summer shouldn't explain why I'm sweating more in places I NEVER sweat (like the small of my back.) Summer has nothing to do with thinking the 77* we have always kept the house at is suddenly too damn hot.
                            I wonder if my meds are off and I may finally be going hyper enough to dump down the meds another level.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oof I'm sorry about those changes My PMS used to always be the same way, with just a "warning" (mine was usually a few hours before flow started). I also had the looser/easier stool for the first few days of my cycle. When I got the Paragard, the cramping increased significantly and no bowel changes. With all those things (symptoms you've described) in mind, it does sound like the thyroid meds could use adjusting.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                                In a way, I wish I'd never found Primal. I was happy as a mushroom (kept in the dark and fed shit.) I'm glad I'm taking care of it now, but it's still saddening.
                                Same here... Things in regards to pottying were fine before Primal.
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X