No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've noticed that with the higher carb levels come higher incidences of "cheating," as it's easier to justify. I've also noticed my brain becoming cloudier with the lower fat dosage and my body fat creeping up. I think I'm hopping off the high carb train and switching track to my normal train (roughly 1/4 protein, 1/4 carb, and 1/2 fat.) I'm also going to try to coordinate with MIL better about Sunday nights. Usually, if she cooks, there's plenty of food for me to eat. If she just throws a frozen meal in the oven, that's when it's an unavoidable pasta bomb.
    I've also noticed that my exercise levels have gone to nada, which would also explain the weight gain. I think I'll rake and remove dog shit from the yard today and figure out actual exercises for throughout the week this evening so I can remove this flubber at my waist.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Thank you for that above rant...

My husband and I have been walking around ranting that shit at each other, and NOT ranting it anywhere else, wondering if we are the only two sane and rational people on earth.

Umm, NO people of Facebook, you cannot relate to or understand "why a person would do those things" because he was not mentally stable person. It wasn't a rational decision. You aren't going to "understand".
      It wasn't the guns.
      It wasn't the lack of prayer.
      (BTW, people seriously DON'T understand that law at all.)
      This is not about his possible Asperger's! A human being can have Asperger's AND a mental health issue at the same time FFS.

One of the worst human traits is "othering". And right now it's in full force.
      No one wants to believe that a sort of regular guy can do this.
      A sort of regular guy like themselves but for a bit of circumstance...
      So they proceed to CREATE a monster where there was a human.

This is not how sense is made of the world. It's how we fail at it over and over.
      Last edited by cori93437; 12-16-2012, 01:15 PM.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• I have kept radio silence about those events for all of the above reasons. It's hard for me to process anyway, but listening to people yell all over each other about it is just absurd.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• When I saw the thing about Westboro protesting the funerals, that was too much. Apparently, they're blaming it all on Carrie Underwood because she's for gay marriage. Seriously folks, that has nada to do with kids being murdered. One of my friends from high school did a what if scenario about the Westboro group saying that IF he had the funds and IF he had the guns and IF he had the time off work, them yes he'd be up there in New York minute to counter protest and take a few out. I told him that IF I had all that, we could take my van up there as that would be the best vehicle to use for it. I know that I am a Christian(apparently not that popular around these parts, but who gives a flying frak) and I do believe that prayer should be allowed in all schools, but not forced on everyone. You can pray to whatever you want to. I don't think the world would be any worse off if there were more prayer done. I am however not one of those Christians that believes this is God's will. Those people are the nut jobs.

I heard on a local talk radio station that the shooter had Asperger's. I pray to God that people don't start lumping all with Asperger's as lunatic nut jobs who will go on killing sprees like this guy did. I feel for the shooter's surviving family as they will have to deal with all crap and fallout over this. I hope to never have to be in a situation as the victim's families or the shooters family will be going through right now.

NK, with you upping your fat intake to half your daily intake, how do you plan on going about doing that? I'm needing some help with figuring that out myself. I'm going to work on increasing fat in the New Year. I just want to get prepped for it now.
          Georgette

Comment

• Quite frankly, I'm still ironing that out. I may make a few batches of herb/ garlic butter and oils to put on my meats and veggies, as well as putting a larger amount of oil heavy vinaigrette on my salad. For days like spag and fajitas, I really don't know. I may just hafta come up with a fat bomb i like. I don't care for coconut, but maybe a strawberry butterbomb of sorts, like a truffle.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Geo, I agree that prayer should be allowed, but do not make it sanctioned. Allow the kid to pray at their desk or step into the hallway, but do not inject it as something expected or required.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I know that I have heard of some schools having prayer groups which is a nice way to be able to doing it. Ours don't offer anything like that which is surprising considering we live a hick town.
                Georgette

Comment

• Well, that's a hell of a decision. With the budget I have laid out for next year, I can have a few months of an emergency fund and the car paid off by August, or I can have 9 months and change of emergency money in the same time frame. I honestly don't know which path I want/ should take.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• 9 Months of Emergency Money, is my vote. Then, the car.

Comment

• I'm awake now, that's for damn sure. 15 jump squats, 12 inverted rows at 20 lb, 8 dips, 12 knee pushups, and 15 walking lunges per leg, for 2 sets in 20 minutes. And my idiot self decided it'd cause no issues doing it in flannel pj pants if I wore only a sports bra up top, so now I'm sweating like a freaking boxer. I now remember why I work out as close to nekkid as possible.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• 9 month emergency fund.

Hurray for nekkid workouts!
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• For the budget thing, I neglected to mention that my 3 or 9 months would be on top of the 3/6 (6 if one, 3 if both lose their job) we keep in the joint account and however much is socked away in the joint savings. If it were just my 3 or 9 months, paying off the car wouldn't even be an option, especially since I'm on track to pay it off July 2014 (ahead of schedule.) Since we do have that joint cushion, I'm considering getting that 20% of my monthly bills done and out of the way.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oooh, that does make a difference. Great that you already have that cushion. Okay...car!

Comment

• This last batch of bone broth came out perfectly. Gelatinous, rich, and chickeny.
                              Recipe
                              4 lb whole chicken, organs optional (sometimes they come with the bird, sometimes they don't)
                              1/2 lb chicken feet, declawed (use a cleaver for this)
                              1 onion, roughly chopped
                              2 large celery ribs, roughly chopped, leaves and all
                              2 carrots roughly chopped, tops and all
                              1 head garlic, smashed
                              Water
                              2 tbsp cider vinegar
                              Scatter the veggies and feet in the bottom of the crock pot, creating a nest for the bird. Put the bird in breast down. Cook on low for 10 hrs. Use tongs to fish the bird out. It will fall apart on you. Pick the meat off the chicken, set aside for other uses, and throw the bones and skin back in the pot. Top off the crock pot with water and add the vinegar. 10-12 hrs later, strain and cool your broth.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oh, how wonderful that recipes looks, I have a big organic chicken in freezer now.
                                Now to find chicken feet?? Have never seen them for sale, plus they will make me sad,
                                Will put DH on that step. Thx, NK, printing it now.

(I have GOT to get out of this horrible funk because of the murders, 3 kids coming over today, ages 3,4,5, yikes.)

Comment

Working...
                                X