No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heh. I forgot that part about start slowly and stirred 4 tbsp into my kefir. Let's see how pissy my gut gets later on today.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Got surprisingly not all that unhappy. Bloated, but not gassy or anything. Then again, I'm also feelnig backed up, so I may take matters inro my own hands if dinner doesn't fix it.
      Breakfast today was really filling and long lasting for as little as it contained: 3 egg yolks, 1 c bone broth, and 1 tbsp coconut oil, stirred together and nuked til warm but not set. Still holding me over and I skipped lunch. Came home and ate the banana I forgot, kefir and potato starch as a snack.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Dinner was Jason's Deli (Nutty mixed up salad and gumbo with rice) and more (reheated) rice.
        The kefir/ PS really seems to be doing a job on my gut. It's finally unloading and evicting some occupants that had been there for a while. My belly definitely looks flatter and it's only been two days. I may keep this around.
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• There appears to be a thyroid/ molybdenum connection, but I can't find a reliable source. All I find are n=1 and sketchy "natual" websites. If this is actually the case, then I have actually found the link that ties it all together: a minor molybdenum deficiency or higher than usual need for molybdenum.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Lesson learned this morning: Don't try to mix 3 egg yolks and 2 tbsp potato starch unless you want an egg puck even before you cook it. The egg puck doesn't dissolve upon stirring in bone broth, either.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yeah, even if I leave it in water too long without stirring, it hardens.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I've since modified that egg puck into something edible: Stir 3 egg yolks, 1 tbsp coconut oil, and enough bone broth for 3/4 of a 20 oz glass together until reasonably homogenous. Stir in 2 tbsp potato starch until reasonably clump free. Nuke until warm, but not hot. Drink.
                I think I'm cutting back on the fruit to one piece per day or berries. My weight was behaving better without fruit.
                Also, Geek and I have decided to start trying for kids in October, meaning this is my last birth control pack. It also means I need to start doing my prepregnancy research.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Wow! Exciting, and a bit nerve wracking I'm sure. Sending lots of positive energy to you both
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• Wow. Happy news!

The hockey puck experiment is interesting. I just take mine in water. Sounds gross huh?
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm in a weird spot right now. One one hand, I'm elated, because I'm mostly likely going to spearhead the first robotics team and classes for the school next year. On another, I'm in a weird place seeing many of my kids walk the stage. It's kinda like I told them: "I'd love to see you again, but not in this school." There's also the mental vulnerability that comes with minor cold like illnesses (very minor, more mucus production and inflammation is all I'm noticing.) School ends Thursday and the kids walk Friday or Saturday, depending on the school, so we're in full swing on finals. My mind is also gearing up to plot out next year over this summer and study for my content exam. I may even take the PPR, if I can weasel my way into it. (I don't think that'll happen, they're pretty adamant about the one year thing.)
                      I managed to find several sale meats, so this week is a good week in terms of food. I found a wild caught seafood mix for $3, 2 things of grassfed beef for 25% off each, along with beef offal ( liver and kidney.) I figure I can take that and the veggies and do a seafood red primavera, stuffed peppers, offal curry, and beef skewers. What's hanging me up in each case (besides all the canned tomato I forgot to grab,) is how to incorporate PHD carbs. I figure I can put potatoes in the curry and have a sweet potato either in, or along side, the stuffed pepper, as well as rice. Putting rice and the rest of the sweet potato with the skewer would work. The primavera has me stumped. Rice and potatoes of either kind really wouldn't work. Maybe rice stick noodles?
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Well, fuck. I think I need to go back to a low FODMAP diet. This 10 lb can't all be inflammation.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I started poking into constipation, out of curiosity. I realized that I never really thought about how often I shat, so long as it wasn't extreme (food poisoning) diarrhea. According to the definition of modern medicine, I am constipated more often than not. Many of the little things I thought normal, aren't. It was just something my family never said anything about. Stomach pain preceding a dump isn't normal. Straining and sitting on the pot for quite a while isn't normal. Other things weren't normal. I started digging through other things, out of curiosity, thinking about the low FODMAP thing. I found an IBS test and took it. Ta-da. I showed most signs. So, I most likely have IBS or some inbred relative of it. IBS and GERD have been correlated, but no cause is known for the link. I see no point in going in for expensive testing to hear "yep, you're right. Keep eating that way and take this handful of pills." I do wonder if there is a link between IBS and low stomach acid.
                          In a way, I wish I'd never found Primal. I was happy as a mushroom (kept in the dark and fed shit.) I'm glad I'm taking care of it now, but it's still saddening.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I can relate to that! My dad definitely has similar gut issues to me, though not as bad as I do now. It's always been a joke how long he spends in the bathroom (he claims that he is mostly just reading in there, but I've seen the cream in the cabinets). I never thought it was abnormal until it became a real problem.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Have you tries low FODMAP for yours? It seems to work well for mine.
                              One curiosity I do have is whether there's a link between IBS and low gastric acid levels. Something else to dig up.
                              School is officially over and Class of 2014 has officially graduated, even some of the little shits.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I take a glass of water with ACV every morning before eating to increase stomach acid. I think it helps a little, which even a little is something. I've heard it can be very common for veg*ns to have low acid, and I was low protein for most of my life (and comparatively for my first year of primal!) and veg*n too, so I don't think that help. :/

Comment

Working...
                                X