No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exciting developments. Hope you can get off the meds.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Finally getting caught up on some of the more relaxed journals (relaxed meaning you don't write 6 pages in an hour like some of our friends. ) You have some great things going on right now. Learning about the GERD, getting students in line, seeing changes in your shape, and baby talk! All exciting things. Great stuff. (well, GERD isn't great, but knowing that it's causing a lot of the issues you're dealing with is great).
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Thanks for the encouragement, folks!
        Oddly enough, the low HCl appears to be caused by my thyroid being wonky.
        I think I may have puzzled out the way my various issues interact and cause one another:

Translation: It appears to all be caused by poor gut health, which in turn is worsened by each of the others going further out of whack.
        From that, it appears I need to stay on top of the probiotics via kimchee, pickles, and pills, as well as handle the GERD so that the bad bugs don't proliferate. I think if I can control the GERD the Chris Kresser way, including probiotics and prebiotics, the rest should fall into place. It also appears that a low suplhite, low FODMAP diet is the way to go in terms of food, as the food sensitivit(ies) can destroy parietal cells (the cells that release stomach mucus), which in turn can lead to a destruction of acid production cells. From all I can tell, with a few notable exceptions, a low FODMAP diet IS a low sulphite diet.
        Now to study the hell out of home fermented foods and prebiotics.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I spent most of my night and early morning on the throne praying to a trashcan. It appears it was/ is food poisoning. The only thing I ate differently was a bite of kimchi, a bite of yogurt, and the veggies with my fajitas. Given that my stomach became very active not long after I ate the kimchi, I'm inclined to think that's what it was. I got SICK about 12 hours after eating it.
          On the upside, anything bad that was once in my intestines or stomach has since been forcibly evicted. I guess I'm back to square one on rebuilding my gut.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Had some rice (roughly a cup) and a bottle of ginger ale today. Things seem to be steadying. Still some diarrhea, but it's tightening up. Not really hungry, afraid to eat anything else. Didn't take any of my meds, either. Didn't want to test my stomach with them. All in all, a grand total of at most 500 Cal today. Weight down to 111.4
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Today's probably going to be a long day. I didn't sleep well or for very long and the kids are getting a batch of Coulomb's Law review sheets because the grades I've been getting on the first Coulomb's law worksheet sucked ass. They aren't ready for an electrostatics test yet.
              I have bruises and invisible bruises in places I didn't think it was possible. The one right below the hollow of the neck has to be from hugging a trashcan. Not sure about the ones on my arms or the one on my back.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Holy Crap!
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• If it were holy, it would've stayed in there!
                  Going to try some coconut water and tomato soup when the soup warms up. My innards are still very gurgly and not horribly happy, but better than they were.
                  First half of the day is over. The kids seem grateful for the extra work day, by and large, so it was a good idea.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• I hope you're feeling better soon.
                    Primal since March 5, 2012
                    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Finally feeling mostly human. Had chicken and rice soup, tomato herb soup, and chicken with mustard today, as well as a little coconut water. It's all stayed down/ in, where it belongs.
                      The kimchi has very firmly met the trashcan. I'm also not thinking I'll want anything tomato based for a little while (the taste of tomato product vaguely reminds me of the taste of stomach acid and salsa coming back up.)
                      Giving a review tomorrow for the exam Wednesday. I'm pretty much giving them the entire objective portion of the exam in fill in the blank format, with problems as the subjective portion. If they still can fail after doing the review, then they really are fucked.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Just looked in the mirror and got the shock of my life. My stomach is FLAT. No pooch, no puff. FLAT. I guess it takes a GI purge after PHD FODMAP diet at ideal weight to do it. Still staying on my modified version of the diet. If I can do it through sickness and food poisoning, I can do it through just about anything. I may make rare exceptions for special occasions, but that's really it.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                          Just looked in the mirror and got the shock of my life. My stomach is FLAT. No pooch, no puff. FLAT. I guess it takes a GI purge after PHD FODMAP diet at ideal weight to do it. Still staying on my modified version of the diet. If I can do it through sickness and food poisoning, I can do it through just about anything. I may make rare exceptions for special occasions, but that's really it.
                          Yay! I got a shock like that a few weeks ago (not anymore, damn gut issues and junk food!).

On being sick and kimchi: the foulest thing I've ever had in my mouth was kimchi food poisoning. OMG and it was so bad it got into my nose and burned so badly. Much sympathy.

Comment

• Ow. I'm still not sure how you pull a muscle in your sleep, but I did it again. Upper back, across my left shoulderblade this time (lat). Hurts to breathe.
                            I didn't really taste the kimchi much, thank the gods. It was mostly salsa and fajitas (sans onion + veggies) coming up. I have no real desire for anything tomato product based or acidic for a while.
                            Got a nap yesterday. I'm still zonked. Things are finally starting to bloom down here, so I'm figuring my tiredness is a symptom of my allergies. To be honest, my symptoms are generally mild enough (stuffy nose, mild fatigue, maybe itchy eyes) that I didn't even think I had them until the test.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Some stress due to illness and maybe work things could contribute towards pulling a muscle during sleep? Maybe?
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• Dunno. Whatever it is, I think I mostly stretched it out with yoga and blasting it with hot water (massage setting on the shower head.) it no longer hurts to breathe, anyways.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X