No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was reminded last night why beer is only a rare treat. I puffed up like a parade balloon and made more noise that Lindbergh's plane.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I really don't want to go in today. This cold is just irritating enough to make me want to stay home and baby it, nut not bad enough I can. Also, even if the apocalypse came down, I'd still try to make it in, because I FINALLY will be able to get Namesake (big boss, one of the one's that started the company that still bears his name) nailed down and get him to answer questions about several projects. TRying to catch him in office and not with a client is like nailing Jell-o to a tree.
      I also think not wanting to go in has to do with being in school for so damn long. Where's my Christmas break!? Y'know, besides next Saturday through the Tuesday after Christmas.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• So I take it that the queso yesterday didn't kill you dead?

Apparently I get all of the Christmas present you brought to myself. Hubby has no issue with soup or gravy, but for some strange reason, broth creeps him out.
        Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• I miss Christmas breaks. College breaks were the BEST. In public school (K-12 for me), summer break was mid/late-June (depending on snow days) till first Thursday after Labor Day. In college, summer break was early May through late August/early September. Winter breaks were 3-4 weeks long, depending on how the holidays worked out. Most of our professors would cancel class Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning before the school closed for Thanksgiving break. Such luxurious times.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Twibble- It's a chicken bone broth. I've not drank it straight yet, but it's awesome in soup and curry. Beware, I added little to no salt to it.
            NW- I remember those days, but I had the opposite profs. I always had the ones that would have a test/ presentation/ paper due the class day before Thanksgiving.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I guess arts and English profs are pretty lenient in that regard, then
              Depression Lies

Comment

• Yep, I'm in the opposite camp also - I always had the profs who did something to make sure we were in class and even kept us late. Why such weirdness? Wish I knew.
                My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Mine always claimed it was so we wouldn't forget stuff over break, but I think it's because they were assholes.
                  Pebbles was kind enough to trace back the hazy part of my Mom's father's family tree. My great great grandmother appears to have been one of the original single moms living at home and shacking up. Nice to know where that trend started in our family. She gets married/ shacks up with at least 2 different men, according to the censuses (censi?)
                  My great grandmother also had at least 3 different name changes, including getting married.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Does this website work for overseas or only the US? This website being the genealogy one.

Comment

• My great grandmother was an originator. In the early 1900's, she divorced her first husband then remarried another man here in the states.
                      Georgette

Comment

• The website will do overseas, but only if whoever's doing the tracing coughs up the extra however much per month.
                        Company Christmas party tonight. Geek was waffling and I finally pushed him to stay home and hang with IT Guy. I could tell he wanted to go as a show of support, but he'd also be uncomfortable and missing a longstanding thing with friends. He was in a catch-22: feel like he was ditching me, or leave IT Guy and the others hanging. I told he wasn't ditching me and to stay home.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Overseas research I have found the overseas stuff on Ancestry is limited and it is hard to verify if the record is actually your ancestor if they have a common name. There are better ways to do overseas Research.

I usually google the country and "genealogy" to get advice on what to do online.

The Mormons have tried to every record that can be found. Go to your local LDS church and they usually have a genealogy library where you can check a database and then order records on film or fiche. It arrives in about 2 weeks.

Also Check out Cyndi's List of Genealogy sites. She has sites listed by country.

Jon is there anything that you want me to check out at Ancestry. I currently have a full world membership.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I ate a fair amount of food at the Christmas party: salad, bacon wrapped shrimp, meatballs in a tomato pepper bisque, two veggie medleys, and yellow cake and brownie balls for dessert (the two I just can't turn down.) The veggie medleys were green beans, carrot, okra, and yellow squash; and white potatoes, yellow potatoes, purple potatoes, pink potatoes, and sweet potatoes, both steamed and roasted. I also had 2 glasses or merlot.
                            I took in this tacky little toy cow that shot foam balls for the white elephant gift and walked out with a bottle of honey liqueur Jack Daniels. I consider that a win in and if itself.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                              Jon is there anything that you want me to check out at Ancestry. I currently have a full world membership.
                              I appreciate the offer but all my relatives are overseas. I'll check with my mom at Xmas to see if she knows anything.

Comment

• *WARNING: rant involving the CT shooting ahead*
                                People are already making this out to be 1) God's will 2) all about guns and 3) all about how those cursed with mental illness are not to ever be trusted.
                                I am not religious. I will never understand the "loving god that kills his children" thing, smacks of a caricature of an abusive father. What happened was not about god or religion or any of that. It was not about God or the devil or anyone else guiding his hands or abandoning him. This does not mean we need prayer in schools. If you want prayer in school, go to a damn Catholic school. It shouldn't exist in public schools. This is not a theocracy; get the fuck over yourselves. This is not an indication of how our heathen ways are upsetting god and that we need to inject god back into schools. God, goddess, the gods, fate, whatethehellever had nothing to do with this. It was some sick fuck that made his choice, not god leading his hand.
                                This is not about whether or not we need stricter gun laws. Do you think fuckheads like this actually pay attention to the law when it doesn't suit them? Tighten the gun laws and only nutjobs will have guns. Thanks to the internet, anyone can buy anything and have it shipped anywhere, for the right price. This school was probably a gun free place, hey, gee, he didn't listen. What the hell makes you think assholes like this will pay attention to strict gun laws? Guns don't kill people anymore than a quill wrote Shakespeare's sonnets. There was a human force behind it that did the killing.
                                This is not an indication that we need to go back to the system of locking up the 'feebleminded." This is not an indication that we should lock up anyone with a mental illness for security sake. Is this an indication that perhaps mental illness should not be so stigmatized and shamed? Hell yes, but that wouldn't have stopped this man. It takes a team to help control mental illness, and the one with the illness has to be willing to be involved.
                                The reality is that there was nothing we could have done to prevent this. Security may have helped, but probably not. Mental health resources may have helped, but he refused them. Metal detectors may have caught the gun, but then he would have just opened fire there. You could lock down all schools everywhere, from school begin to school end, with all visitors checking in through one door with pat downs, metal detectors, and a full security detail. The community wouldn't support the tax hike to pay for it and it's too Big Brother for many. It could have been mitigated, but not altogether alleviated.
                                I want someone/ something to blame just as much as everyone else that's been following this tragedy. It's hard to put the blame on a dead guy, because you can't kill him again. Unfortunately, there is no clear cut answer. There is no clear cut scapegoat.
                                God so help me, if I find out that a group is counterprotesting Westboro at these funeral, I WILL find a way to help fund their counterprotest. No child's death is "God's will for an evil world."
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X