No announcement yet.

Still on the Warpath: Naiadknight's Battle Tome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been having some pretty serious anxiety issues since last night. Some of it is the premonition "something's going to happen" and a lot of it is plain anxiety. I'm hoping it's not the Dulera doing it, although it is a possible side effect. I'm seeing it in reviews and it seems more common if you already have anxiety issues. It wasn't doing it before, though...
    STILL can't get the freaking materials I need for the kids to do their next project. Freaking hate this shit at the district.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Could be that the medication adapted to you or something? I've taken things in the past that don't start affecting me oddly for years. My hands started trembling on Celexa 2 years after I started it. Apparently that's a common side effect, which was pretty freaky IMO.
      Depression Lies

Comment

• Yes and no. I was on it for a while, had to go off it for a few weeks until I could talk to the doc about sending in a scrip, and just started it again last week. That may have something to do with it as well.
        This is mostly a premonitory (yeah, laugh if you want) "shit's gonna go down." There's some plain anxiety in there as well, but it's mostly that foreshadowing stuff.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Something strange DID happen yesterday, but nothing as major as my anxiety was making it out to be.
          I finally got through to the jerks in my 6th period: I kicked 2 of 'em out. After I did that to two of them, the rest behaved pretty damn well. The two misbehaviors came in after school and made up work, apologizing the entire way and saying "hey, this is actually really easy!" about the work. We'll see if any of it sticks come Monday.
          Last night's dinner was a little late, but jambalaya is always tasty.
          Went and spent my birthday gift card today. (I maintain that I still have yet to break my Thrifting streak because it was a gift card.) Got 4 things at Express. Tried on a pair of 00 pants and a 00 skirt, just out of curiosity. Both zipped, but didn't fit well (too tight.) Ended up getting a black dress to replace the linen one (more versatile), a sequined tank, a 3/4 black henley (I've been hunting for one for a year or so now), and a grey tee. Not bad for an $80 giftcard.
          Also went to a consignment shop and got a purple t-shirt dress with silver embroidery and a lavender silk blouse for $15.
          Tonight's Game Night, so this itchy/ sore throat needs to go away.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Way to go, Teach!
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Excellent Thrift score!

Comment

• I'm feeling slightly better about my passing rate. In the past week it's gone from just over half to 72%, all because of late work. If I'm still doing this next year, I think I'm going to have a "ticking time bomb" for late work. For every day it is late (or late beyond the excused make up), it loses 10 points off the top. At the end of two weeks, the grade is a 0. At the end of one week, the highest you can get is a 50. I'm not doing this last minute BS again.
                I think I have a cold. I tried Benadryl last night, in case it was allergies, and it didn't help. It was bad enough I coughed my mouthguard out in the middle of the night. Last night, my breath was actually whistling a little bit on occasion, even breathing through my mouth. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse, because supposedly Dulera can dampen the immune system.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Teaching can be rough but it seems as if you are doing very well at it. You seem to be raising the kids up (even if they are slow to respond) and that is a rare gift. Try not to let frustration get you down.

Comment

• Thanks, Canio. I know much of the frustration comes from trying to rein in kids that were given a full semester to fuck around and do nothing. Well, that, and getting the bottom of the barrel.
                    I have a kid in my 6th period that has come to me about bullying, although he didn't use that word. What it boils down is that this kid is smart, when he wants to be, but he's being picked on when he manages to find loopholes or ways of doing things outside the norm (in other words, he think like an engineer.) When I get in on Monday, I'm going to request that this kid be transferred to another period of my class and see if we can't remove the bullying and get him back on the right path. He has vowed to come into tutoring to combat it himself, but I'd rather see if I can get a way for him to do it in class.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Bleargh. That would explain the lack of motivation and the inflammation bloat over the past few days: this cold is bad enough to have brought on a fever.
                      Grades are finalized and in the system. Don't hafta worry about that tomorrow. Also did some stupid admin crap they require (safety check.)
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• I feel like such a baby because I'm taking care of myself (mostly) rather than forcing myself to work through it. I know it goes back to making sure everyone else is ok regardless of how I feel (self preservation), but it doesn't change that it feels selfish.
                        I wonder when those little/ big parts of being an Al anon kid will go away. It's possible they may never go away all the way. There are days I'd kill a flock of paduwans to have entirely healthy reactions and emotions.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Hulky is like that =\ He has been sick for about 3 weeks so it's been pretty hard on him. *sick-free hugs*
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Thanks, Tasha.
                            As much as I love teaching, I may need to bow out until the house is paid off. Living paycheck to paycheck really stresses me and there's no way around it on this salary. There's a CE EIT position in Midland I'm applying for. I'd like to stick it out to the end of the year so I don't break contract and really bone these kids, but I don't know if I can afford it.
                            I'm feeling better today than I was, but the cough and sore throat are still there, with some fatigue.
                            I'm not really sure what I want career wise right now. If there was a teaching gig that paid more, I'd do that. Unfortunately, my paltry teacher salary is half gone by the time I see it, thanks to shitty insurance and Uncle Sam, so I'm left with roughly $200 after bills to survive on and try to save with. Not cool.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I take it there are some finances that you & Geek do not combine, or is that including his pay?
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• We don't combine the cars (we each pay for our own) or student loans. Everything else is split down the middle. I buy groceries, he pays when we eat out and maintains the cars.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X